Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why u no Teamwork?

Iceian
04.02.2012 , 08:54 PM | #1
Why the **** doesn't anyone like teaming up in this game? I come from a fairly populated server (The Shadowlands) and it seems that out of the 20 to 25 people on any given planet I'm on I am the only one with an LFG message.
So the question stands. WHY U NO TEAMWORK SWTOR?

Psychocath
04.02.2012 , 09:05 PM | #2
I'd pin it down to one of two things:

- Either people are shy and actually need a bit of a nudge via General Chat before you can actually interact with them and do fun stuff like Heroics or Flashpoints, or;

- They're the antisocial solo-players who are killing off the multiplayer aspect of MMOs everywhere
That's no moon.

I fought the CE and the CE won.

StarryCiel
04.02.2012 , 09:27 PM | #3
I find it really funny when one person will come to a new world that has a dead chat and say "X amount of people here, no one is talking". And right after that the entire populace partakes in good conversation.
..at least for a while.
Until the one who initiated it leaves. Then we're back to radio silence.

Do they haz no backbone? Afraid to talk when their shining social butterfly is gone?

It's sad

Iceian
04.02.2012 , 09:55 PM | #4
I for one am always that guy who wants More MM in his MMO. Why the hell not team up with some random group on the boring *** planet that your on? I LOVE teaming with jedi's for instance, Powerful, quick and damn they take alot of that aggro off of me!
I even love playing through the other classes story-lines. I want everyone to try and change the trend! Talk to random people when you step on the planet, hell you never know, you might make a few friends.

Jonoku
04.02.2012 , 09:58 PM | #5
I don't think anyone even bothers using the LFG function, most people use general chat.

DarthPunitor
04.02.2012 , 10:00 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by StarryCiel View Post
I find it really funny when one person will come to a new world that has a dead chat and say "X amount of people here, no one is talking". And right after that the entire populace partakes in good conversation.
..at least for a while.
Until the one who initiated it leaves. Then we're back to radio silence.

Do they haz no backbone? Afraid to talk when their shining social butterfly is gone?

It's sad
i do that everytime i go to kaas, pretty funny.

I notice that players plan on doing heroics when its convenient FOR THEM, even if there is already a group available. Fortunately my guild has reached a point where there is always some 50 willing to help out with what ever heroic/fp needs to be done.
"Honor is a lie, a chain that wraps itself around those foolish enough to accept it and drags them down to defeat."
-Gauntlet of Kresh (formerly)-
-The Tai Legacy- -Tai'for - Punitor - Lithany - Machiavelli - Davik -Her'acles-

BradTheImpaler
04.02.2012 , 10:08 PM | #7
I can't really speak for anyone else, but my personal feeling is that I had really been hoping for a KOTOR 3 since 2004, and it felt like soloing as much of TOR as possible was the closest I'd ever get to that. There was also a sort of unique feel to KOTOR as a single-player game that for various reasons doesn't really seem present in an MMO where you're geared to interacting with other players. I don't know for sure, but maybe KOTOR appealed more to a largely single-player market base that wasn't as thrilled with the MMO idea. Some people might be accustomed to gaming and socializing being two separate things. So, players might be more interested in continuing their personal class quests than doing group quests that reset each day.

Maybe server populations are a factor too? Night owls won't see as many other players on to play group quests.

That or because at least in my experience it's a lot easier to get quick credits through PvP than to bother with doing every group quest :P.
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.

StarryCiel
04.02.2012 , 10:10 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthPunitor View Post
I notice that players plan on doing heroics when its convenient FOR THEM, even if there is already a group available.
Yep. That's how it goes. And once that group that was LFM fills up, the players who were thinking in the back of their minds "they'll still be there when I'm at that point" end up spamming the chat with "LFG LFG LFG".

That's what I like to see in my chatbox <.<

Quote: Originally Posted by BradTheImpaler View Post
Maybe server populations are a factor too? Night owls won't see as many other players on to play group quests.
I usually get on in the morning before I head off to work at 5 p.m., and again at 1 a.m. The population is pretty constant on my server. I can't relate to those who complain about unpopulated servers because, frankly, I was never dumb enough to choose a LIGHT server.

Quote: Originally Posted by BradTheImpaler View Post
That or because at least in my experience it's a lot easier to get quick credits through PvP than to bother with doing every group quest :P.
It's not about credits and who is the richest -_- It's an MMORPG. Where you're supposed to play with friends and let camaraderie happen..

casirabit
04.02.2012 , 10:14 PM | #9
Some people are shy and will not talk much.

They feel uncomfortable even talking to people on the internet so sometimes they just never answer looking for groups or even talk in general.

I know a friend who is very shy and will only talk in the guild. She just feel uncomfortable trying to talk in general.

Sometimes they just need a little help and a little acceptance instead.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj
https://www.gofundme.com/2kjpc99j

Iceian
04.02.2012 , 10:41 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by casi View Post
Some people are shy and will not talk much.

They feel uncomfortable even talking to people on the internet so sometimes they just never answer looking for groups or even talk in general.

I know a friend who is very shy and will only talk in the guild. She just feel uncomfortable trying to talk in general.

Sometimes they just need a little help and a little acceptance instead.
I can understand that completely, what I still cant understand is how the hell AN ENTIRE PLANET can just fall as silent as if taken by the plague...As if a million voices suddenly cried out in terror, and then suddenly silenced. I feel something terrible is happening.