Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Executor Krannus = Poor Game Design (Spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Executor Krannus = Poor Game Design (Spoilers)

coille
04.02.2012 , 04:55 PM | #11
I found this one a bit of a lottery. Each time Krannus has a different amount of hp left. First time I did it it was easy but had to re-do it because I didn't know about disarming the bombs. The next couple of times he cleaned up the npcs and Doc so I got creamed. The last time he was dead by the time I cleanned up the adds.

CecilTellyn
04.02.2012 , 05:01 PM | #12
Yep, my Krannus fight was exactly as the OP described except I used his 2nd method the first time and yep, found him grayed out and unable to loot.

Also, I wasn't aware of a timer for the bombs for a good 30 seconds after he was dead (was going through inventory) and then was like "oh s***, I've got to disable bombs too?"

Rafaman
04.03.2012 , 08:05 AM | #13
Hmm... I do remember the encounter only because I was surprised at how helpful the NPCs were. And it was refreshing. lol. Usually I move through encounters like this with all due speed thinking that the mission might fail if the NPCs die so its up to me to protect them. But in this case there was no need which is not a bad thing.

As for the strategy. Pretty basic and consistent. Take out the trash/adds and come back for the boss. If I remember correctly, I did manage to get back to him early enough for the killing blow. I was able to loot him without issue.

I enjoyed the fight... felt like a little bit of a break after alot of grinding to get there. Of course, I enjoy a good challenge at the end Boss. In addition, I want that last confrontation to be a good strategy test as well. But in this case... and maybe because I was ready to move on, I was grateful it ended quickly and somewhat quietly.

KapteeniPirk
01.16.2013 , 06:27 PM | #14
Just did this. First killed the mobs with doc as companion. the speccy ops dudes held aggro, i spammed dps on the bosses backside. He remained red all the way till the very, very end. he was one hit from dead and i saw him turn grey just as he died. First i thought that its scripted to be un-lootable, but someone here says that he can be looted. So was i just one split second too slow? Perhaps.

would love to know what he drops tho? 500 credits and some poor green mod? propably.

Ryat
01.17.2013 , 07:51 AM | #15
So true OP, because Luke Skywalker handled Darth Vader and the Death Star all by himself.

Oh wait.....

Merwanor
01.17.2013 , 03:51 PM | #16
I personally thought this was refreshing when I first did this, I always hate the fact that you do mostly everything alone in this game. Sure you got 1 companion (Should be at least 2), but there are so many points in this game I just wish I had some more competent backup, or any at all.
The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.

Valeriadrina
01.18.2013 , 11:50 AM | #17
I was far more disappointed on how the endgame for JK turned out. It had all the incredients for some great action and scenes but... Both SI and SW felt far more solid (SI was downright satisfying even). Thing with Krannus was ok for me. No need to be uber hero in every freaking scene.

slafko
01.21.2013 , 02:34 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Duradel View Post
I hate to be that guy, but you've got to be freaking joking me.

Bioware tries to implement one boss fight in the entire storyline where NPCs help and you are so offended by the fact that they did more damage than you that you feel the need to complain about it on the internet.
This.

Also, OP, try to view this encounter as a learning experience and take note of the fact that a good dps will take out the weaker mobs first and only then go after the big one being tanked by the tank. Adds ripping the healer apart while the dps bashes on the big guy happens way too often in this game.

SleepyJoeFriday
02.12.2013 , 10:52 AM | #19
Had this fight this morning.
In fact I was disappointed in the fight.
Doc had no trouble keeping my health up. I used AOE damage where possible to keep some of his cronies interested in me, but overall I had no trouble really. I just stuck with Krannus, moving as needed to grab agro back when he wandered off to attack someone else.
My toon is a level 44 guardian. All orange armour with level appropriate guardian armourings and enhancements with shield and defence stats as well as strength and endurance. Mods are all might mods. All bought from mods vendor with commendations.