Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Arenas yet?

Swidgin
04.11.2012 , 11:27 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by lpsmash View Post
Your avatar fits well with your comment. Self-imbued, like a hutt. You can't imagine reasons other than rating not to implement arenas? Way to have a ah damnit I don't know the equivalent of "esprit critique" in english. Critical mind? That doesn't seem right.
I look like him IRL too,
Angry, Nasally kid with braces (VOICE) "I want my ARENAS BW!"

Scoobings
04.11.2012 , 11:28 AM | #22
People who didn't do well in arenas in WoW really shouldn't talk about how arena's require no skill. Because then you say things that make you sound stupid like "positioning didn't matter" in arenas.

If you don't want arenas because you are worried about the impact it will have on the game, that's legit, but don't make remarks claiming they required no skill. It's just plain not true. More so than WZs? How could we know, rated WZs haven't come out yet. I'm going to guess not so (once cross server ques come out).

I like them focusing on WZs to be totally honest, but it would be nice to see the impliment arenas in a non-competitive way. Just someplace people can go to have 4v4 duels. I really don't see what's wrong with that, and I bet it would be pretty fun.

*Edit*
Also, to the OP, you should get a 4v4 tourny started on your server. Tatooine is a great place to hold it, and it's been pretty successful on other servers.
- Kaeljen, 50 Powertech - Mal'Shek, 50 Juggernaut
- Adien, 50 Assassin - Jest, 50 Sniper
- Kijaar, 15 Sentinel

unicornfive
04.11.2012 , 11:31 AM | #23
I didnt wanted arena in this game cause i was afraid that BW will ruin most classes' gameplay and stuff.
But i see that BW is doing it anyway in 1.2
If arena is gonna bring class balance in game....i vote yes, even though im not happy with it

Zbus
04.11.2012 , 11:33 AM | #24
Oh look its the we want a dead horse (arena) request thread again. Please move away from the corpse and stop beating it.

Anbokr
04.11.2012 , 11:35 AM | #25
100% agreed with OP. I still play WoW with 3-4 friends and all we do is have a blast in arena--that's the one thing that currently can't be replicated in SWTOR and caused several of these same guys to unsubscribe .

It's obvious the people saying "LOLOLOL arena 0 skill" were the guys that A) never played arena or B) sat at 1200 rating for multiple years. Get to 3000 rating in WoW, and tell me that that required absolutely 0 effort/skill. The fact is, arena is a combination of gear, skill, and composition. Of course composition plays a role, just like how rateds will expose which teams/comps perform the strongest. Someone who is a "good" wz/bg player is easily exposed in arena where there individual skill is magnified and not blanketed by the crowd/multiple guards/pocket healers.

Some of us enjoy small deathmatch situations with close friends that last around 2 minutes over 15 min. warzones that begin to feel droll.
Keller's Void
<The GAF Empire>
Priapus (Empire) - 50 Marauder
Harck (Empire) - 50 Agent

Kurfer
04.11.2012 , 11:37 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Swidgin View Post
So many ANTI Arena people,

I promise when they come out I WON'T be one of those that picks on you for being BAD cuz of your rating.

We all know this is the only REAL reason you don't want it!
You strike me as one of those permanent 1600 rated players that talk about how awesome they are but their "noob" teammates "hold them back".

Wrothag
04.11.2012 , 11:52 AM | #27
epic battles > arena for baddies

Swidgin
04.11.2012 , 11:58 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurfer View Post
You strike me as one of those permanent 1600 rated players that talk about how awesome they are but their "noob" teammates "hold them back".
I know right....Srcubs holding me back from rating....but it requires NO skill even though my teamates can hold me back?

You need to find an argument and stick with it.

Samwiseee
04.11.2012 , 12:15 PM | #29
Grinding warzones is getting boring, fast. I want something to work towards with a team. I want a team name, and a ranking, and some pvp that is more skill based and less objective based.

The smaller scale the pvp is, the more emphasis there is on single player skill. The larger scale it is, the more emphasis there is on team coordination. I personally love the former better, and I know a ton of other people do as well.

Arenas are what kept me playing wow for 3 years. Warzones are getting to be a huge snorefest and I really don't like the 'zergy' nature of it, but I do love pvp.

Please add arenas, BW :3

Swidgin
04.11.2012 , 12:23 PM | #30
[QUOTE=YanksfanJP;3831104]You're right. They don't take the same skill. Warzones/battlegrounds take MORE skill and thought than small instance death match could ever hope to require.

Come on man, were trying to be serious, and you come in here saying this nonsense.

Let me put it this way, i die all the time in WZ's and win em, ive died and won an arena match like twice in my life, see the difference.