Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Arenas yet?

Izola
03.27.2012 , 07:43 AM | #1
I'm not one of those people that QQ and say Do it or I quit

(Nothing a man says matters up until the word... BUT)

But............

I don't see myself sticking around for a MMO without one. This is NOT a do it or I quit thread. I just have the most fun playing with FRIENDS and rateds are great but don't take the SKILL/Chess match that is a small instance death match.

I am PVP only, And I'm a WOW Baby (Prob Y I like Arenas) So EndGame PVP to me Does Not mean rateds. Although I'm sure to love playing them.

Has anyone heard If they plan in any way to do small team arenas in the near future?

Shlamorel
03.27.2012 , 07:47 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Izola View Post
I'm not one of those people that QQ and say Do it or I quit

(Nothing a man says matters up until the word... BUT)

But............

I don't see myself sticking around for a MMO without one. This is NOT a do it or I quit thread. I just have the most fun playing with FRIENDS and rateds are great but don't take the SKILL/Chess match that is a small instance death match.

I am PVP only, And I'm a WOW Baby (Prob Y I like Arenas) So EndGame PVP to me Does Not mean rateds. Although I'm sure to love playing them.

Has anyone heard If they plan in any way to do small team arenas in the near future?
I respectfully disagree - I think warzones are more of a throwback to original mmo PvP (minus the objectives) just because they are less calculated.

I'm not against arena's being added to the game - I'm jut saying I don't enjoy them personally. I'm totally fine with them adding them for other people to enjoy, though.

I have to be honest, though... I think WoW took a nosedive starting (slowly) when arenas were first released. Things became so much more about precise balancing of classes, and thus began the re-rolling that people did every month to the new-best dps class. I don't know, it just seemed very different from the traditional MMO experience I was used to.

To answer your question, I've heard no hint of arenas.
Shlamorel Sta'raeth - Jedi Seer
Dragonbrand
------------
I vow to try and respond in a constructive and positive manner

Swidgin
04.11.2012 , 09:51 AM | #3
Agree When we getting them?

I really don't see playing a game long term without all the FUN.

For now it's fine, but what about a Mo from now? Rateds are cool but don't have the same feeling as a GOOD OLD FASHION ARENA.

I'll get bored, So When we getting ARENAS BW?
Angry, Nasally kid with braces (VOICE) "I want my ARENAS BW!"

ShadowOfVey
04.11.2012 , 10:02 AM | #4
I don't even recall devs acknowdging the arena concept with a "That's not something we're working on right now" or "It's something we might do in the future" or anything like that.

TheNotorius
04.11.2012 , 10:05 AM | #5
At least tomorrow you can teleport to the Outlaw Den Arena from the Rep/Imp fleet (is it still in the 1.2? I haven't seen the item that teleports you in the PTS)
Adlez - Operative
Notorio¨s - Sith Marauder (50) (not used)
Adlezz - Jedi Sage (50) (not used)
Notorius - Jedi Guardian (50) (not used)

Darthshnooky
04.11.2012 , 10:08 AM | #6
I wouldn't be surprised if Arena style matches come up soon. BW seems to be moving more and more toward small scale pvp -- and nothing does that like an Arena.

lpsmash
04.11.2012 , 10:10 AM | #7
Quote:
We didn't engineer the game and classes and balance around it, we just added it on, so it continues to be very difficult to balance. Is WoW a PvE cooperative game, or a competitive PvP game? There's constant pressure on the class balance team, there's pressure on the game itself, and a lot of times players who don't PvP don't understand why their classes are changing. I don't think we ever foresaw how much tuning and tweaking we'd have to do to balance it in that direction.
Rob Pardo, VP of Game Design for WoW.

SWTOR was definitly not engineered for such small scale PvP. They couldn't just throw arenas in without doing a massive overhaul, it would be a disaster.

xChroniCx
04.11.2012 , 10:16 AM | #8
They need to at least add a deathmatch style pvp, not everyone likes objective based games...
Mateo Matias

Hutts Don't Have Feet

Fatealis
04.11.2012 , 10:25 AM | #9
I doubt they are going to do arena's. Arena pvp totally changed WoW and not in a good way. Not to mention this game isnt very well balanced for 1 v 1's. Small objective based pvp would be cool or even a deathmatch . If they seperate gear though like wow did, that will cuase a downhill spiral.
Noxx Hord The Force Walker - Assassin
Youtube Video Link
Server - Wound In The Force

irdc
04.11.2012 , 10:49 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Fatealis View Post
I doubt they are going to do arena's. Arena pvp totally changed WoW and not in a good way. Not to mention this game isnt very well balanced for 1 v 1's. Small objective based pvp would be cool or even a deathmatch . If they seperate gear though like wow did, that will cuase a downhill spiral.
Arenas were a great idea. In 1994.
Soom - 50 Sage Noom - 50 Sniper Joom - 50 Scoundrel Yoom- 40ish Mercenary
Lord Ieldis