Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Really TIred of the Twitter "humour"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Really TIred of the Twitter "humour"

Gryphandor
12.13.2011 , 10:39 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by IamTheAnnunaki View Post
how do you think they should have handled it? i guess they could have just let everybody in all at once causing the servers to crash and be down for who knows how long.

The last big test. The stress test. Was open to everyone. That didn't bring the servers down. Now I am not for letting everyone in at once. I think it would be no fun in starting zones. What I will say is that I don't agree with how they are bringing ppl in.

I am in a guild set to go to a realm that is already labeled as Heavy after 3 waves. No one in my guild has recieved a EA invite yet. Do we need to change server because we didn't get chosen early on to populate our server?

You can't just let random people come in and pick realms when you too the time to develope a guild deployment system. A system getting ruined by the population already.
Gryphandor Legacy
Maldarius Juggernaut, Daríous Mercenary, Godríc Marauder

Soldaric Commando, Leoríc Smuggler, Lexiann Shadow

Bronz
12.13.2011 , 10:40 AM | #22
Bloody hell I am not whining about the fact ive not got in!!!!!

Im annoyed about the lack of seriousness our Community Manager has when dealing with the launch. I didnt expect to get in today but its doesnt help with the

"LOOOLL SECOND BREAKFAST COZ I STARTED EARLY" tweet pops up while your wwaiting for useful info

I get its his personal twitter but cold hard numbers would be much more welcome (good or bad) than this not knowing anything
{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)█°¯°╬╬╬╬╬╬[█) Rhaegal Sith Marauder

TheHauntingBard
12.13.2011 , 10:43 AM | #23
This is why I prefer a server queue and some lag over the current garbage.
Twitter jokes about grammar and lack of information is getting old really fast.
We're talking about a big company here selling a product not about the guy at the snack bar cracking a joke.

Handling a community like this is just ridiculous.
'3rd wave one more to go' oh and BOOM goes the forum with people being pissed.
I can't wrap my head around this being good PTR.

Sure you can say 'we're all mature and people wait their line' but it;s naive to think that people work like that when you approach them like this.
Especially when people from this company can't be a but more clear while cracking jokes about humor vs humour while it isn't rocket science that you can spell it both ways.
Stephen Reid - 9:02a.m. - January 11th 2012 - because in reality, there was never supposed to be a 'Medium' choice - that was a bug.

Anacoluthe
12.13.2011 , 10:43 AM | #24
I'm pretty sure he's not giving us cold hard numbers because he doesn't have them. "They" are probably just telling him to buy time.

Lucaha
12.13.2011 , 10:44 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronz View Post
Bloody hell I am not whining about the fact ive not got in!!!!!

Im annoyed about the lack of seriousness our Community Manager has when dealing with the launch. I didnt expect to get in today but its doesnt help with the

"LOOOLL SECOND BREAKFAST COZ I STARTED EARLY" tweet pops up while your wwaiting for useful info

I get its his personal twitter but cold hard numbers would be much more welcome (good or bad) than this not knowing anything
I agree completely, he's the Community Manager, not resident Frat boy.

The players want info, not " My kitten killing is exaggerated ", sure jokes are okay, but not when followed by being blatantly rude to the community, with comments like

" We never said everyone would get in on Day One, and we're starting slow deliberately. We'll get to you. "

Pretty sure that could have been worded better to avoid sounding like " Wait your damn turn ".

kikleon
12.13.2011 , 10:47 AM | #26
I would have preferred if rather than sending out 'wave 4 just started...' messages they would say 'waveyou 4 just started, it includes upto july 21 at noon...'

If they really are doing it solely by preorder registration date, then this information is out there somewhere. They just aren't telling us.

weezdajuice
12.13.2011 , 10:49 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by RISEOFNATIONSFRK View Post
Funny how if you were in the beta you wouldnt be talking trash.
I was in the beta, pre-ordered in July, and I'm still not in. Of course I'm going to be talking trash when so much smoke has been blown up my butt.
Ooh a new private message! False alarm. Just another infraction. Clicking is bad and you should feel bad.

Gitski
12.13.2011 , 10:52 AM | #28
The guy on Twitter is a Brit , we find everything funny.

And its funnier when people get upset and dont find it funny , so expect more irony and sarcasm =D.

Cluttered
12.13.2011 , 10:54 AM | #29
You know...I'm actually going to agree with this "QQ". I was just saying the same thing to myself a few minutes ago. I'm a very sarcastic person and probably 95% of the time whatever comes out of my mouth is in jest, but yes, there is a time and place. I don't mind some fun and games but Reid constantly jerking our chains is a little unprofessional.
Braddocks - Pelican - Ova'tali - Jatink
. Never Forget

Deathnasty
12.13.2011 , 10:55 AM | #30
if you want cold hard numbers go to @SWTOR if they have info they will post

if you want someone to chat with then go talk to Stephen on his PERSONAL TWITTER

he could just close the twitter and not talk to any of you, and tell everyone to Email him questions. would you like that? cause i know he would.