Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith planets.

Rayla_Felana
03.23.2012 , 04:44 AM | #1
Korriban, Ziost, Malachor V + II, Dromund Kaas, all of them.

They simply fascinate me, the architecture, the buildings, the history and the people.

Surely I am not the only one, sometimes I will create a new Sith character and/or hop on a KotOR game, and just walk around on such planets.

My favourite is definitely Korriban, your's?

Aximand
03.23.2012 , 04:47 AM | #2
Its pretty surprising, but I actually find Korriban and some of the ruins on Dromund Kaas to be really damn interesting and its one of the things that keeps leveling through them again from being stupidly boring to me.
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
The Orange Pixel is the REAL Sith Emperor
I don't need luck, I've got ammo - Urdnot Grunt
Remember 4/22/2011. A day that shall live in infamy.

dazednconfuzed
03.23.2012 , 04:49 AM | #3
I have to agree here, Korriban especially is excellent.

I love the contrast between the Jungle planet Dromund Kaas and the city world of Coruscant.
Jedi Master Kai'sinn. Not only evil hides in the shadows.
Jedi Master Tzathali. Korriban/Tython Exchange Program.
Major Dulne. Nothing will stop Havoc Squad, Sir.

Rayla_Felana
03.23.2012 , 04:52 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Aximand View Post
Its pretty surprising, but I actually find Korriban and some of the ruins on Dromund Kaas to be really damn interesting and its one of the things that keeps leveling through them again from being stupidly boring to me.
Just standing in the Valley of the Dark Lords.

I was actually adamantly rooting for Darth Malgus and his forces so as to stop the Republic from getting their gritty mits back on the Homeworld, having the world back in the hands of the Sith is excellent.

The amount of history there, makes it far more important than any other world to me.

Aximand
03.23.2012 , 05:16 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Just standing in the Valley of the Dark Lords.

I was actually adamantly rooting for Darth Malgus and his forces so as to stop the Republic from getting their gritty mits back on the Homeworld, having the world back in the hands of the Sith is excellent.

The amount of history there, makes it far more important than any other world to me.
A lot of people criticize it but BioWare did an absolutely amazing job of making their worlds feel vibrant and alive. I haven't had a problem with any of the planets so far, and even the ones I hate leveling on I think are masterfully done.

Rayla_Felana
03.23.2012 , 05:20 AM | #6
A lot of people criticize it but BioWare did an absolutely amazing job of making their worlds feel vibrant and alive. I haven't had a problem with any of the planets so far, and even the ones I hate leveling on I think are masterfully done.
I agree, every single planet I have been on, actually feels like the planets described in other lore, which is amazing frankly, Just wish we could visit the forgotten tomb of Ludo Kressh again, like in KotOR II: TSL.

Aximand
03.23.2012 , 05:25 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
I agree, every single planet I have been on, actually feels like the planets described in other lore, which is amazing frankly, Just wish we could visit the forgotten tomb of Ludo Kressh again, like in KotOR II: TSL.
Plenty of expansions on the horizon. Which actually gives me a bit of goosebumps thinking about it, I honestly can't wait to see what the first expansion is going to add to the game, I almost want them to hurry up and just release it already but I don't have the money for another collector's edition right now, so they better freaking wait.

dazednconfuzed
03.23.2012 , 05:26 AM | #8
I'm not so sure here. I think all those people asking about day/night and weather cycles are onto something. Sure, the planets look very pretty, but I think day/night cycles and weather patterns would make them feel more alive and vibrant.

I will say, though, that they have done very well at portraying some of the planets from lore. Coruscant still feels a little too open to me, but I put that down to the main hub for the planet being the senate building, which is meant to be above everything else.

Nar Shaddaa though, is outstanding. In 'modern day' SW lore, Nar Shaddaa is supposed to be a run down dump of a hell hole, and in TOR, you can really see how it started.

Tatooine, especially the Dune Sea, really does feel like you are on a desert planet, where there is nothing but miles and miles of sand in places.

Edit: Btw Aximand, I have to say, I love your sig... Lead me not into temptation, I already know the way... Genius lol.
Jedi Master Kai'sinn. Not only evil hides in the shadows.
Jedi Master Tzathali. Korriban/Tython Exchange Program.
Major Dulne. Nothing will stop Havoc Squad, Sir.

Rayla_Felana
03.23.2012 , 05:28 AM | #9
Plenty of expansions on the horizon. Which actually gives me a bit of goosebumps thinking about it, I honestly can't wait to see what the first expansion is going to add to the game, I almost want them to hurry up and just release it already but I don't have the money for another collector's edition right now, so they better freaking wait.
Dantooine, Yavin IV and Ziost would be very good.

Ziost more than any, as the planet is yet to be fully realised in a Star Wars product.

Rayla_Felana
03.23.2012 , 05:30 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by dazednconfuzed View Post
I'm not so sure here. I think all those people asking about day/night and weather cycles are onto something. Sure, the planets look very pretty, but I think day/night cycles and weather patterns would make them feel more alive and vibrant.

I will say, though, that they have done very well at portraying some of the planets from lore. Coruscant still feels a little too open to me, but I put that down to the main hub for the planet being the senate building, which is meant to be above everything else.

Nar Shaddaa though, is outstanding. In 'modern day' SW lore, Nar Shaddaa is supposed to be a run down dump of a hell hole, and in TOR, you can really see how it started.

Tatooine, especially the Dune Sea, really does feel like you are on a desert planet, where there is nothing but miles and miles of sand in places.
I think adding those would make them much more vibrant and realistic, I think there is a lot of content that could be added to make this game much more exceptional, if it hopes to survive the oncoming barrage of MMO releases.