Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sever Downtimes outside of weekly maintainence are driving me insane.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Sever Downtimes outside of weekly maintainence are driving me insane.

falcon_Xtreme
03.23.2012 , 01:16 AM | #1
Stop taking servers down several times a week. its friday evening here in australia. its been a long week, I play to relax and because i enjoy it.

I have two accounts, i have 250+ days game credit on this account , and 100 days game cred on the other. . i love this game, its fun. but man is it frustrating when you bring down servers at hours when I (and many others) get to play.

My money is just as good as the American consumers (actualy its better,costs me less to play) . stop uploading flawed content. stop patching after you have "fixed" things. if your going to do maintaince weekly. DO IT WEEKLY, dont make content live if its terrible and needs to be fixed several times.

I last night downloaded the public test server client , and im going to contribute so I can help stop this garbage interference several times a week. its bad business.

I dont even get to qq about the game, BECAUSE I CANT even play the darn thing.

its not rocket science. think about it.
REDZONE & PROUD!

AMKSED
03.23.2012 , 01:19 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by falcon_Xtreme View Post
Stop taking servers down several times a week. its friday evening here in australia. its been a long week, I play to relax and because i enjoy it.

I have two accounts, i have 250+ days game credit on this account , and 100 days game cred on the other. . i love this game, its fun. but man is it frustrating when you bring down servers at hours when I (and many others) get to play.

My money is just as good as the American consumers (actualy its better,costs me less to play) . stop uploading flawed content. stop patching after you have "fixed" things. if your going to do maintaince weekly. DO IT WEEKLY, dont make content live if its terrible and needs to be fixed several times.

I last night downloaded the public test server client , and im going to contribute so I can help stop this garbage interference several times a week. its bad business.

I dont even get to qq about the game, BECAUSE I CANT even play the darn thing.

its not rocket science. think about it.
Stop complaining.
/thread

I just went upstairs and grabbed my iPod to use my security key and then found out that servers were down when I was ready and wanting to play. But life goes on, go do something else for the next few hours. Watch a movie, take a nap, play a couple matches of LoL.

sneakydean
03.23.2012 , 01:20 AM | #3
Im with you champ.

Got home from a crappy day at work and just wanted to unwind but no its down for maintenance.

Rogoo
03.23.2012 , 01:20 AM | #4
They need to bring the servers down for us paying customers, so that the people that didn't pay for the game can play it over the next weekend. I was just about to finally get a ship on my alt and bam! Server maintainance!

o/\o
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.

falcon_Xtreme
03.23.2012 , 01:28 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by AMKSED View Post
Stop complaining.
/thread

I just went upstairs and grabbed my iPod to use my security key and then found out that servers were down when I was ready and wanting to play. But life goes on, go do something else for the next few hours. Watch a movie, take a nap, play a couple matches of LoL.
Im a paying customer, im allowed to complain.
REDZONE & PROUD!

falcon_Xtreme
03.23.2012 , 01:31 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Rogoo View Post
They need to bring the servers down for us paying customers, so that the people that didn't pay for the game can play it over the next weekend. I was just about to finally get a ship on my alt and bam! Server maintainance!

o/\o
its like they just want to get as many hamsters in the wheel as possible, and let the ones already in the wheel get trampled underfoot. it rubs me up the wrong way.
REDZONE & PROUD!

pdart
03.23.2012 , 01:33 AM | #7
Love that we have Oceanic Servers but do we have to have US downtime ??

and yes coming home after work on a friday , this is very annoying to Australian customers.....

yeechester
03.23.2012 , 01:33 AM | #8
ignorance must be bliss in Australia. ... actually it must be bliss anywhere you live... the servers go down all around the world.. not just where you live... plus why the hell are you complaining man... those developers.. who get paid the money from our subscriptions are up till 5-6 am (US time) doing the patches to improve upon the game.... fyi.. the game has been out for how many months now? get over it.. do what the others suggested... sleep,, movie.... go see some bloody sun shine..

some of these nerds we encounter need to get a bloody life.

RobNightfall
03.23.2012 , 01:37 AM | #9
Wow, really? You're whining about maintenance and attempts to fix things? That's seriously pathetic. They're actually working on fixing the game and you're whining about it. One of the few things they do right and you're upset. Grow up dude.
Edited because the devs appear to have fixed at least 80% of the crap that was pissing me off.

johnhughthom
03.23.2012 , 01:37 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by yeechester View Post
ignorance must be bliss in Australia. ... actually it must be bliss anywhere you live... the servers go down all around the world.. not just where you live... plus why the hell are you complaining man... those developers.. who get paid the money from our subscriptions are up till 5-6 am (US time) doing the patches to improve upon the game.... fyi.. the game has been out for how many months now? get over it.. do what the others suggested... sleep,, movie.... go see some bloody sun shine..

some of these nerds we encounter need to get a bloody life.
Wait a minute, let me get this straight. You are telling somebody in Australia that he should be thankful somebody stays up late in America to do their job, when in fact if that American did his job in normal American office hours it would suit the Australian better?