Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Half-Twileks: Possible? What happens?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Half-Twileks: Possible? What happens?

Stenrik
03.21.2012 , 01:35 PM | #1
Just wondering...
I mean, as a twilek, you can go on flings and companion marriage with other Twilek's, but what if a human and twilek has a kid? What bothers me is that their brains are partially in their Lekku (head tails). That's a pretty big difference compared to skin color and horns.

So what happens to the kids of a Twilek and a human? Do they get small, half-sized Lekku with a sub-developed Lekku brain? Or are Lekku a dominant trait and come out normal sized, but maybe their skin color is more human? Or are they all stillborn due to genetic incongruity?

Lord_Fezziwig
03.21.2012 , 01:39 PM | #2
As far as I know, Twilek's and Humans aren't genetically compatible.

I seem to remember some of the books addressing this issue.

BenjaminminU
03.21.2012 , 01:40 PM | #3
I would think that the lekku would be smaller and the skin would be more human coloured, until twi'leks land on earth i guess we'll never find out, would you be willing to go to bed with one in order to find out?
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

Unutterable
03.21.2012 , 02:42 PM | #4
There were half-clone/half twilek critters running around in Clone Wars season two...episode called "Deserter." Lekku were stubby and seemed thicker than the pure twilek kids, and mottled between the clone's human skin tone and their mother's Lethan red skin tone.

Captain_Zone
03.21.2012 , 03:59 PM | #5
Conflicting lore on this point. Most sources say NO to Twi'leks and humans having kids. Then Clone Wars comes along and blows that outta the water. Was that episode, by any chance, written by Karen Travis? If so, it's to be redacted at once!!!!
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Wolfninjajedi
03.21.2012 , 04:06 PM | #6
Um...guys, thats wrong Cut didn't have children with Lu. Those were his adopted children.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

ErikModi
03.21.2012 , 05:04 PM | #7
That was my understanding as well, but some supplemental material indicates that the creators intended for those to be human/Twi'lek crosses.

I'm not a fan of the idea, though.
Jedi vs. Sith, Page 97, column 2, paragraph 4, line 1:

Prior to the Battle of Ruusan, the Jedi used crystals from many different sources, and ignited lightsabers in every known hue, including purple, orange, and gold.

Unutterable
03.21.2012 , 05:54 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ErikModi View Post
That was my understanding as well, but some supplemental material indicates that the creators intended for those to be human/Twi'lek crosses.

I'm not a fan of the idea, though.
My initial thought was they were adopted. I am trying to find a quote from a CL forum that made it out that Word of God stated they were hybrids.

Or I just misread it, but the coloration and stubby lekku made sense after reading it, tho.

Captain_Zone
03.21.2012 , 06:42 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Unutterable View Post
My initial thought was they were adopted. I am trying to find a quote from a CL forum that made it out that Word of God stated they were hybrids.

Or I just misread it, but the coloration and stubby lekku made sense after reading it, tho.
I believe he adopted them because Kyle left them with their mother. Hey, Kyle could get ANY woman pregnant. (Apologies, couldn't resist the Kyle Katarn joke)
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Aximand
03.21.2012 , 07:06 PM | #10
Originally, in the X-Wing series they were incompatible genetically (Dia and Face addressed this), but apparently TCW changed that.
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
The Orange Pixel is the REAL Sith Emperor
I don't need luck, I've got ammo - Urdnot Grunt
Remember 4/22/2011. A day that shall live in infamy.