Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rank the emperor

Captain_Zone
03.21.2012 , 06:39 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Aximand View Post
Master Chief is a hack and a Space Marine wanabe. He doesn't even enter into the equation.
Agreed. Master Chief would get pwned in the face by Kyle Katarn.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

diadox
03.21.2012 , 07:06 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
Life will go on without Revan I am sure , after all he is a very small character in TOR compared to the others but who knows anymore . I think Malgus was killed a little prematurely !
I honestly don't think Malgus actually died,

Spoiler

Rohanshot
03.21.2012 , 07:47 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Agreed. Master Chief would get pwned in the face by Kyle Katarn.
Well obviously Katarn would be able to. I mean c'mon!

Master Chief is a hack and a Space Marine wanabe. He doesn't even enter into the equation.
So Commander Shepard is invincible but Master Chief isn't?

No.
Speak softly and carry a BIG GUN!
Codename: The BrotherHood an Elite Trooper only Republic Unit
Rank: Corporal- Element: Titan Company 1st Platoon, Delta Squad
[Recruitment Thread]

Aximand
03.21.2012 , 08:02 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Rohanshot View Post
Well obviously Katarn would be able to. I mean c'mon!

So Commander Shepard is invincible but Master Chief isn't?

No.
Seeing as how Commander Shepard and the whole Mass Effect universe wasn't completely ripped off (and badly at that) from the Warhammer 40K universe like the SPARTAN project was? Yea.
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
The Orange Pixel is the REAL Sith Emperor
I don't need luck, I've got ammo - Urdnot Grunt
Remember 4/22/2011. A day that shall live in infamy.

Rohanshot
03.21.2012 , 08:41 PM | #45
Lord Vitiate has a really good personality once you analyze it. Dark, creepy, mysterious. It's all a really good combination. The fact that there is a lot that is deliberately kept in the dark about him is even better.

I'd put him at a 7.5/10 good but could use some more qualitities that make him les one-dimensional.

Seeing as how Commander Shepard and the whole Mass Effect universe wasn't completely ripped off (and badly at that) from the Warhammer 40K universe like the SPARTAN project was? Yea.
So just the fact that SPARTAN's and Space Marines are both genetically enhanced supersoldiers that operate as OP SpecOps makes Halo a ripoff?

How can you even say anything is a ripoff of Warhammer 40K when 40k is just a Gears of War ripoff. You can tell right away...
[Recruitment Thread]

Aximand
03.21.2012 , 08:49 PM | #46
Lord Vitiate has a really good personality once you analyze it. Dark, creepy, mysterious. It's all a really good combination. The fact that there is a lot that is deliberately kept in the dark about him is even better.

I'd put him at a 7.5/10 good but could use some more qualitities that make him les one-dimensional.
So just the fact that SPARTAN's and Space Marines are both genetically enhanced supersoldiers that operate as OP SpecOps makes Halo a ripoff?

How can you even say anything is a ripoff of Warhammer 40K when 40k is just a Gears of War ripoff. You can tell right away...
Seeing as how 40K came out almost twenty years before Gears of War (nineteen to be precise), I'd doubt that.

Also, if you read the creation process of a Space Marine, and what they go through, and then go read the creation process of the SPARTAN project, yea, its pretty blatant.

Rohanshot
03.21.2012 , 08:59 PM | #47
Seeing as how 40K came out almost twenty years before Gears of War (nineteen to be precise), I'd doubt that.

Also, if you read the creation process of a Space Marine, and what they go through, and then go read the creation process of the SPARTAN project, yea, its pretty blatant.
Sorry I meant Warhammer 40k: Space Marine.

And so? Years of intense physical conditioning followed by either genetic augumentations or cybernetic augumentations. Borrowing aspects from a past franchises and applying it in a later franchise doesn't make it a ripoff. Now if Spartan's were super bulky, had chainsaw weapons, and giant armor, then it would be a different story...but it isn't.
[Recruitment Thread]

Aximand
03.22.2012 , 12:55 AM | #48
Sorry I meant Warhammer 40k: Space Marine.

And so? Years of intense physical conditioning followed by either genetic augumentations or cybernetic augumentations. Borrowing aspects from a past franchises and applying it in a later franchise doesn't make it a ripoff. Now if Spartan's were super bulky, had chainsaw weapons, and giant armor, then it would be a different story...but it isn't.
As far as Gears and Space Marine go, you really can't do a Third Person Shooter too many different ways, and Space Marine's combat is actually really different than Gears of War. In Gears you take cover, try to avoid direct LOS from the enemies and only engage in close combat when you need to.

In Space Marine, you want to get into close combat, you actually need to get into close combat in order to be the most effective you can. You don't even get the option to take cover in SM as opposed to GoW where cover is pretty much a necessity. Not to mention if you don't do your combos right, if you don't time everything very well, if you don't kill enough enemies, you won't survive. You don't just get your health back by staying out of combat in SM, you need to kill things to heal. The game play is very different from your average TPS.

Lets see.

Taken at a very young age? Check

Need to fit a specific physical profile? Check

Need to fit a specific psychological profile? Check

Absolutely brutal training that leaves most candidates disfigured or dead? Check

Genetic and Cybernetic enhancements to make the candidates post human super soldiers? Check

Very few of them (relatively) because not only are they hard to produce but at the most recent point in the timeline the tech is largely unavailable (for various reasons)? Check

One of them is enough to generally change the course of an entire battle? Check

Outfitted with the best arms and armor, some of which is completely unavailable to other branches of the military? Check

I could go on for more if I brought up the respective Wikis, but Bungie wasn't subtle at all with where they got their ideas from.

But we're derailing the crap out of this thread, so we should probably stop.

Rohanshot
03.22.2012 , 10:58 AM | #49
As far as Gears and Space Marine go, you really can't do a Third Person Shooter too many different ways, and Space Marine's combat is actually really different than Gears of War. In Gears you take cover, try to avoid direct LOS from the enemies and only engage in close combat when you need to.

In Space Marine, you want to get into close combat, you actually need to get into close combat in order to be the most effective you can. You don't even get the option to take cover in SM as opposed to GoW where cover is pretty much a necessity. Not to mention if you don't do your combos right, if you don't time everything very well, if you don't kill enough enemies, you won't survive. You don't just get your health back by staying out of combat in SM, you need to kill things to heal. The game play is very different from your average TPS.

Lets see.

Taken at a very young age? Check

Need to fit a specific physical profile? Check

Need to fit a specific psychological profile? Check

Absolutely brutal training that leaves most candidates disfigured or dead? Check

Genetic and Cybernetic enhancements to make the candidates post human super soldiers? Check

Very few of them (relatively) because not only are they hard to produce but at the most recent point in the timeline the tech is largely unavailable (for various reasons)? Check

One of them is enough to generally change the course of an entire battle? Check

Outfitted with the best arms and armor, some of which is completely unavailable to other branches of the military? Check

I could go on for more if I brought up the respective Wikis, but Bungie wasn't subtle at all with where they got their ideas from.

But we're derailing the crap out of this thread, so we should probably stop.
Fine but one last comment.
Simply because Halo resembles 40K in the nature of its Super Soldiers does not make them a ripoff. Bungie noticed the Space Marines, and made a version of them for Halo. Advanced super soldiers taken from birth going through deadly training, given the best weapons and armor, and given god like abilities. Calling Halo a ripoff when the stories, characters, events, and enemies are diffenent is invalid.
[Recruitment Thread]