Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rank the emperor

Aximand
03.20.2012 , 05:16 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Drew Jacked Him Up.

I lost all respect for Drew when he wrote "Revan". And then we get the flashpoint.

But we might not actually see Revan return since Drew left BW.;;
Am I the only one that's freaking ecstatic that Drew no longer writes for BioWare?
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
The Orange Pixel is the REAL Sith Emperor
I don't need luck, I've got ammo - Urdnot Grunt
Remember 4/22/2011. A day that shall live in infamy.

Rayla_Felana
03.20.2012 , 05:30 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Aximand View Post
Am I the only one that's freaking ecstatic that Drew no longer writes for BioWare?
No you are not, now just retcon the Revan novel to save Surik from Drew Karpyshyn's Karen Traviss level ignorance and keep Revan the hell out of the rest of SWTOR, and I'll be practically giddy.

Aximand
03.20.2012 , 05:32 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
No you are not, now just retcon the Revan novel to save Surik from Drew Karpyshyn's Karen Traviss level ignorance and keep Revan the hell out of the rest of SWTOR, and I'll be practically giddy.
That would be the day.

I'm so disappointed with a lot of the Jedi Knight story that its almost depressing. On the flip side, the Sith Warrior story is so freakishly awesome that I can't even begin to describe how amazing it is.

Wolfninjajedi
03.20.2012 , 05:34 PM | #24
That would be the day.

I'm so disappointed with a lot of the Jedi Knight story that its almost depressing. On the flip side, the Sith Warrior story is so freakishly awesome that I can't even begin to describe how amazing it is.
To each his own, though i'll admit I haven't done the JK story yet am planning to when 1.2 comes. But then again I am easily entertained, so I have a hard time hating anything at all.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aximand
03.20.2012 , 05:39 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
To each his own, though i'll admit I haven't done the JK story yet am planning to when 1.2 comes. But then again I am easily entertained, so I have a hard time hating anything at all.
Its not that its bad, but its really not as good as other class stories. To me, Drew never really got that far above the Fan Fiction level of writing. His work always seems like its taking other people's ideas, reworking them so you have to dig a bit to find the original plot point and then adding enough polish on to make it look as good as a used car.

For instance, the Trooper story and the Jedi Knight story have a lot in common as far as basic plot line goes, but Drew changed his just enough in a few key parts to make it different enough to count as a separate story. At least as far as Act I goes, I'm rerolling my Knight once Legacy hits.

Rayla_Felana
03.20.2012 , 05:42 PM | #26
That would be the day.

I almost laugh when people mention the Jedi Knight story, that was painful to playthrough, once I got to the end of the Coruscant class quests, I just gave up, it was simply dull, want to play a Jedi? roll a Consular, much better Jedi story, and I agree, Sith Warrior has been fantastic, have a 33 myself.

Aximand
03.20.2012 , 05:44 PM | #27
I almost laugh when people mention the Jedi Knight story, that was painful to playthrough, once I got to the end of the Coruscant class quests, I just gave up, it was simply dull, want to play a Jedi? roll a Consular, much better Jedi story, and I agree, Sith Warrior has been fantastic, have a 33 myself.
Oh my God, the second act for the Sith Warrior is so so so so so much better than the first its almost ridiculous. I actually almost want to reroll my Juggy just to play through the whole thing again.

Give me more character slots!

Rayla_Felana
03.20.2012 , 05:49 PM | #28
Oh my God, the second act for the Sith Warrior is so so so so so much better than the first its almost ridiculous. I actually almost want to reroll my Juggy just to play through the whole thing again.

Give me more character slots!
It has been a lot of fun, Jaesa simply makes me and my little black heart giggle, would love to romance her but no way am I rolling non-female, all the guys in this game look ugly or in the case of SW, are all Malgus rip-offs, bring on SGRA? vaguely this year? ;( lol.

Aximand
03.20.2012 , 05:53 PM | #29
It has been a lot of fun, Jaesa simply makes me and my little black heart giggle, would love to romance her but no way am I rolling non-female, all the guys in this game look ugly or in the case of SW, are all Malgus rip-offs, bring on SGRA? vaguely this year? ;( lol.
Oh man, Jaessa is absolutely hilarious if you romance her as a male Darkside, its so freaking funny the stuff she gets into later on.

Also, you'll really like Lt. Peirce, he's a total BAMF and he isn't ugly, as far as my opinion as a straight male counts, anyway.

LemmingLeader
03.20.2012 , 06:18 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by RevanKnight View Post
Star Wars has had many great villians: palpatine, vader, thrawn, etc...

So, where would u put the sith emperor?
Interesting that you put Thrawn on that list since he isn't a force user. But, since you DID put him up, I'd say Thrawn would have made an outstanding Emperor. For several reasons:

1. Firstly, he wasn't into causing carnage for the sake of carnage like a bunch of those on the Sith / Dark Side. He even despised needless, reckless losses with the lives of his men.

2. Master of Grand Strategy and Naval tactics. If you talk about great military leaders of the Star Wars universe, one should not be surprised to see Thrawn's name topping the list. As the last remaining Grand Admiral selected by Palpatine, and without the full backing of the Moffs and remaining Imperial government, with the forces he did have under his command, he brought the powerful New Republic government and military to its knees. He did this in the timeframe of the Imperial military's decline in the years after Endor. The juggernaught of Emperor Palpatine's was not what he inherited. But he accomplished alot.

3. Outstanding leadership. He promotes and places in command those who perform well and are flexible and quick in their thinking (think of the Tractor Beam officer on the Chimaera that tried alot of different means but couldn't capture Luke with the TBs, but still promoted on the spot by Thrawn). Contrast this with the leadership shown in the movies by powerful Darths and Sith Lords. Wasteful disposal of the lives of the men and officers, as if there was an unlimited pool of talent. Executing someone for every mistake doesn't promote success and efficiency. It means some newbie moving to a higher position and learning the ropes of that position, only to get Force Choked later on. Thrawn didn't believe in that style, what he called "Vader's style" of leadership. Thrawns character, success, and leadership style garnered immense loyalty from those that served under him.

4. Reputation. Thrawn has a great reputation from within the Empire and with his enemies. With the Rebels / New Republic, he earned such a fearsome reputation, that even after his death and supposed rumors of him surviving somehow, threw the New Republic into panic... just from rumors alone! They were quivering in their little panties way back in Coruscant, with the Imperial Remnant confined to a tiny chunk of the galaxy!

5. He isn't insane and isn't guided around by a Hokey Religion (Light or Dark). He didn't act on rage or hatred, or being a pushover like Jedi. With all the qualities above and with the fact that he wasn't crazy like many Sith Lords and Darths were, and wasn't listening to crazy whispers of the Force, he would have made a fine Emperor. Matter of fact, I wonder how the Galactic Empire would have fared if Thrawn was Emperor instead of Palpatine.