Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Mandoa

Shiela
03.19.2012 , 06:34 PM | #1
Do you agree with their culture and way of doing things over all? Like where their reasons valid for starting the Mandolorian Wars that eventually destroyed the jedi order?

BrandonSM
03.19.2012 , 06:39 PM | #2
I thought they lost..?
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Spartanik
03.19.2012 , 07:32 PM | #3
You know that mandalore was a pupet of the sith empire all along. They were meant to probe and weaken the republic.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

WolfOfOdin
03.21.2012 , 02:28 PM | #4
To answer, no I don't think Mandoa culture is agreeable.

Aside from Traviss' mary-suing of the Mandalorians, they exist in a state of permenant war and preparedness for war. It's been shown before that if they don't have a good enough Mandalore or conflict to unite behind, they scatter to individual clans.

Furthermore, their state of permenant aggressiveness has never really endeared them to the Republic at large. Most viewed the Mandalorians like early europeans viewed the Vikings. You tried your best to appease them or **** of the way of the war du jor.

The problem I see is that Mandalorian culture has no way to really exist properly in times of peace. They're supposed to die in glorious or honorable combat. That leads to insanely high rates of attrition as Mandos aren't known for retreating, no matter how suicidal the odds are.

Guildrum
03.21.2012 , 02:44 PM | #5
No...
The Shaffer Legacy: Begeren Colony

Shaffer Lazy-eye Horace Sleth
Journalist, Pirate Bodyguard Sith

Wolfninjajedi
03.21.2012 , 02:46 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by WolfOfOdin View Post

The problem I see is that Mandalorian culture has no way to really exist properly in times of peace. They're supposed to die in glorious or honorable combat. That leads to insanely high rates of attrition as Mandos aren't known for retreating, no matter how suicidal the odds are.
Well I guess they must have forgotten during the mandalorian wars, cause they surrendered.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Guildrum
03.21.2012 , 02:49 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Well I guess they must have forgotten during the mandalorian wars, cause they surrendered.
It's not like they are a bunch of god-men who aren't willing to back down no matter what. Everyone has a point where they know they are beaten, for some, it's just a little beyond death. The fact that the Mandalorians aren't all dead by this point is a testament to the fact that they have some survival instinct.
The Shaffer Legacy: Begeren Colony

Shaffer Lazy-eye Horace Sleth
Journalist, Pirate Bodyguard Sith

Wolfninjajedi
03.21.2012 , 02:50 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Guildrum View Post
It's not like they are a bunch of god-men who aren't willing to back down no matter what. Everyone has a point where they know they are beaten, for some, it's just a little beyond death. The fact that the Mandalorians aren't all dead by this point is a testament to the fact that they have some survival instinct.
I know that, was just merely responding to Wolf's part about them never retreating n such.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

EnsignSorrow
03.21.2012 , 04:04 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post
You know that mandalore was a pupet of the sith empire all along. They were meant to probe and weaken the republic.
Yes. The Jedi order was wiped out after the Mandolorian wars. Revan, Malak, the Exile, and other Jedi defeated the Mandolorians at Malachor V.

As far as Mandolorians. They are fierce warriors. No doubt.

DarthMintCake
03.21.2012 , 05:21 PM | #10
Yes i agree with the Mandolorian culture, that is the orginal mandalorians.
Only The Dead See The End Of War - Plato

Your Hands Cant Hit What Your Eyes Cant See, Float Like A Butterfly Sting Like a Bee, Rumble Young Man Rumble - Mohammed Ali