Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No server available

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ArmoredJuneBug
03.19.2012 , 07:15 AM | #1
Upon patching and logging in on the test client I end up with an empty server list.

Initial screen is a blank list, if I manually select North American or Europe I find both of the lists to be completely void of any servers as well.

I've tried repairing the client, no difference.

If I let the test client stay open I will eventually get a 'failed to authenticate: please restart' error. Unfortunately I didn't write down the exact error code, though I believe it was 4004.

What gives?

I'll update with the exact error once I've reproduced it.

Edit: Already got the error in question.

-------------------------------------
Error

Unable to authenticate, please restart
the game. Follow the Help Center link
below for more information.

OK

Error Code: 4000 More Info.
--------------------------------------

The 'More Info' link force-closes the game but doesn't open any actual link.

--------------------------------------

Update:

It seems the problems were related to the test client running in compatibility mode with 'Windows XP sp3' by default, despite being a completely fresh install of the game.

Deselecting compatibility mode and re-running the test client has allowed me to successfully log into the test server.

Consider this a cautioning tale regarding compatibility mode.

FrostyDroid
03.19.2012 , 07:23 AM | #2
Did you try any shortcuts, like copying any files from the live version into the PTS directory?

You might also try clearing your ipconfig cache.
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
It's incredible because it is not true.
As for expectations, we've always said that are not making another Star Wars sandbox, we are creating a different game.
I quote Zoeller now. Zoeller quotes are cool.

ChaosKirin
03.19.2012 , 07:28 AM | #3
I had this problem, too.

I solved it by setting my firewall to allow the program to connect to the internet. I use AVG, and it pops up asking if I want to allow the service to connect. I said yes, and then 'always remember this.'

If you want to check if it's your firewall, turn it off and see if you can connect, then if that works, figure out the right file to add to your safe list.

FrostyDroid
03.19.2012 , 07:35 AM | #4
Sometimes the popups from Firewalls appear behind games running in full screen mode. You might try running in windowed mode.
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
It's incredible because it is not true.
As for expectations, we've always said that are not making another Star Wars sandbox, we are creating a different game.
I quote Zoeller now. Zoeller quotes are cool.

ArmoredJuneBug
03.19.2012 , 08:52 AM | #5
Thanks for the replies and suggestions!

I cleared my DNS cache, I suppose that's what was meant?

I had high hopes for it being my firewall, running Avast Internet Security, as I completely forgot about the test client being a different application altogether.

Unfortunately, after resetting the application rules and defaulting to 'allow', nothing changed. I also tried disabling the firewall completely (and making sure the Windows firewall wasn't running), as well as uninstalling the software altogether.

Still nothing.

Going with the theme I disconnected from my router (a NETGEAR WNR3500L) and plugged the computer directly into the ethernet wall socket, in case it was the cause of the problems.

Still nothing.

*sigh* I'm stumped here, especially considering I have no problems at all with the live client.

Also, I didn't take any shortcuts with downloading the test client. It's all happened through the launcher, and I've been able to get on the PTS during earlier patches.

At least I can play the live game, it's just rather annoying that this won't work.

ArmoredJuneBug
03.20.2012 , 06:10 AM | #6
Went a step further and uninstalled the test client, by deleting the 'publictest' directory as well as all assets and files with 'test' somewhere in the name.

Reran the test client with Repair, re-installed 66 files followed by 27.

I still don't get the test server to show up in the list, it's still completely empty.

Ack.

ArmoredJuneBug
03.20.2012 , 12:30 PM | #7
I've now re-installed the entire game from scratch, patched and then installed the test client anew through the launcher.

Still nothing in the test server list, still the same error.

Had a friend try logging in on his account, which he's successfully used to log into the current test server using his own computer, and he didn't have any server appear either.

At this point I don't know what to do, aside from a complete windows re-install.

I doubt that'd help though, as re-installing the game, unplugging the router and uninstalling any software firewalls and background protection haven't solved the issue.

Besides, as I have no issues at all accessing the live servers using the live client it'd be too much a bother to try.

Whatever it is seems tied to something in my computer setup, though I can't for the life of me figure out what.

ArmoredJuneBug
03.23.2012 , 02:49 AM | #8
I'm bumping this in the hopes someone will take notice, as well as adding the log results from my last try at the test client:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012-03-23T09:43:33.461382 0CBD7348 INFO Login user: ArmoredJuneBug shardaddress: @:: [Client.Startup](playerclient.cpp:PlayerClient::Login:1573)
2012-03-23T09:43:48.727256 0CBD7348 ERROR Invalid response received from platform for getShardList request. Status code: 403 [Platform.dozerLib.dozer.ClientServices](clientservices.cpp:bwa:latform::ClientServices: :receivedShardList:176)
2012-03-23T09:43:48.727256 0CBD7348 WARNING HandlePlatformFailure with error type 4000 : PLATFORM_ERROR_INVALID_TOKEN [Connect.firestorm.client.OmegaClientApp](omegaclientapp.cpp:OmegaClientApp::HandlePlatform Failure:501)
2012-03-23T09:43:52.708483 0CBD7348 INFO [Client] Active area load complete [Client.AreaManager](bwaareamanager.cpp:bwa::AreaManager::_onActiveAre aLoadComplete:812)
2012-03-23T09:45:53.760407 0CBD7348 ERROR Invalid response received from platform for getShardList request. Status code: 403 [Platform.dozerLib.dozer.ClientServices](clientservices.cpp:bwa:latform::ClientServices: :receivedShardList:176)
2012-03-23T09:45:53.760407 0CBD7348 WARNING HandlePlatformFailure with error type 4000 : PLATFORM_ERROR_INVALID_TOKEN [Connect.firestorm.client.OmegaClientApp](omegaclientapp.cpp:OmegaClientApp::HandlePlatform Failure:501)

ArmoredJuneBug
03.23.2012 , 12:30 PM | #9
Bumpalicious...

Seriously, am I the only one with this problem?

Where should I turn to get to the bottom of it?

I've pretty much exhausted what I can do on my own when it comes to investigating the root issues.

Fordring
03.24.2012 , 07:43 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ArmoredJuneBug View Post
Bumpalicious...

Seriously, am I the only one with this problem?

Where should I turn to get to the bottom of it?

I've pretty much exhausted what I can do on my own when it comes to investigating the root issues.
I've also got this problem, as well as a random latency issue. While playing every 5-10 seconds my ping will go from 160-200 up to 6-8k.

Very odd, just hoping it sorts itself out.
Have a 4month old computer and i very rarely use it for anything other than SWTOR. Rest of the internet is working fine.

Edit: Just waited a few minutes and the server screen came up. Must be relating to my latency issues. (NZ)