Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Switching Main Specs?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Switching Main Specs?

Omiku
12.14.2011 , 12:46 PM | #21
I hope they never allow players to change their AC, people would just roll Consulers or Inquisitors just to be able to play every roll. I like diversity...

Toogeloo
12.14.2011 , 12:50 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Omiku View Post
I hope they never allow players to change their AC, people would just roll Consulers or Inquisitors just to be able to play every roll. I like diversity...
We already have a <expletive deleted>-ton of Inquisitor and Bounty Hunter (which have capability to do all as well) types running around out there, so I agree with you on that.

Cmdr_Haggis
12.14.2011 , 12:56 PM | #23
Myself, I enjoy the role-play aspect of the game. For those of us who love both the Star Wars lore and the idea of role-playing in this favorite world, being able to switch our "spec" around on a whim and for any reason destroys immersion.

Think of it this way: If you're rolling around the happy countryside and have dedicated your life to charging into battle, taking the big hits so that others might live another day, can you really wake the next day and say, "Gosh, I'm going to really lay the pain on and GIVE the big hits today!" (Tank vs. DPS)

I can't see a person being a medic one second suddenly becoming a bastion of brute strength and "tanky-ness" the next. At the mouse/keyboard interface, the ability to switch roles so easily sure can be fun, but from the perspective of the character where does the role-play fit? (With apologies for the "rival" reference, my WoW holy pally is dual-spec'ed as a protection pally... makes no sense to me, but I lost immersion in that game a long time ago.)

Of course, not having had the benefit of playing SW:TOR in beta, I could be off in left field. Right now I'd be inclined to roll multiple characters and role play each as I envisioned their lives to be.

-- cmdr_haggis
"She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts, kid." -- H.S.

Elgreezy
12.14.2011 , 03:22 PM | #24
I really hope they consider allowing us to change AC in the future. Personally I'm REALLY interesting in playing an IA - Sniper but I won't because then I'll be locked out of ever having the ability to fill another role (IA - Operative gets the healing tree).