Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

bring in auto attacking?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
bring in auto attacking?

zebrawizard
03.17.2012 , 11:07 AM | #1
certain classes that cast, feel fine as they are actively doing something per second.

however certain classes which rely on their "auto attack ability" feel slow and clunky, wouldnt it be possible to give these classes auto attack, while removing their "standard attack" so it feels more like your damaging but activating special abilities whilst attacking?

or is this concept too much

Urkanan
03.17.2012 , 11:19 AM | #2
I think you need to elaborate that post a bit more. Not even sure what you are talking about.

What do you mean by "certain classes that cast" and "doing something per second"?

Which class in particular do you play that relies on "auto attack ability"?

Game-Hermit
03.17.2012 , 07:45 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by zebrawizard View Post
certain classes that cast, feel fine as they are actively doing something per second.

however certain classes which rely on their "auto attack ability" feel slow and clunky, wouldnt it be possible to give these classes auto attack, while removing their "standard attack" so it feels more like your damaging but activating special abilities whilst attacking?

If you're using the standard attack for anything more than letting your resource regen for one or two GCD's occasionally then you're doing it wrong. There aren't any classes that play like they have autoattack.

ounkeo
03.20.2012 , 10:40 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Game-Hermit View Post
If you're using the standard attack for anything more than letting your resource regen for one or two GCD's occasionally then you're doing it wrong. There aren't any classes that play like they have autoattack.
It would actually be less tedious, for example, to set my trooper or Merc on auto attack then only activate my abilities as needed. Let abilities interrupt autoattack but as it is now, we have to activate like this:

ability > standard >ability >standard

Making standard auto would take the tedium out of it.

To the OP, it would be a major change to do it though. The current system wasn't designed with auto attack in mind so putting it in would pretty much mean they have to redo the whoel combat system. It seems very unlikely and while I would personally like an auto attack, I simply don't think we're ever going to get it.

Tenacity
03.20.2012 , 10:57 PM | #5
It isnt needed, and it'd take too much effort to introduce.

It isnt a matter of simply causing your basic attack to go off whenever you arent casting something. They'd have to go through and rebalance every ability in the game to account for the added damage output of a constant autoattack.

This game's design encourages more active play, not sitting there autoattacking enemies while you're half afk browsing the web.
Akeema Lynx Mirialan Freelancer

Badlander
03.21.2012 , 12:30 AM | #6
Not needed.
VULKAR HIGHWAY PVP SERVER
PANTHER - MARAUDER - ANNIHILATION SPEC

luizon
03.21.2012 , 04:43 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by zebrawizard View Post

No auto-attack. This has been a key game point since day zero.
Hella Darksun, the Jawa Lover
Mercenary Raider - Thug for Hire in the <Dark Jedi Brotherhood>
Server: Keller's Void

hadoken
03.21.2012 , 05:24 AM | #8
This is not the game you are looking for.

Destroyerson
10.21.2012 , 12:10 AM | #9
I persoanally am really really really dissapointed by the no auto attack because i find it extremely tedious to continously press the abilities i think they should as mentioned in a previous post should make it so you auto attack and inturpt it for the abilies which would be activated when necessary. This is the vital point in whether or not to play with game for me and im sure for many other the rest of the game seems amazing but this is just to tedious to spend what little time i have gaming on pressing an ability button over and over.

JamieKirby
10.21.2012 , 09:21 PM | #10
Dude, just press the button. lol

Players now-a-days, too lazy to press a single button. lol