Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ITT: Positive things about ToR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
ITT: Positive things about ToR

Metaspark
03.15.2012 , 01:27 AM | #1
Not ITT: Negative things about ToR

Bonus Drinking game: every time someone posts something negative anyway, or that they can't think of anything positive, take a drink. You'll be piss drunk before the 2nd page

Space Combat, although simple, is entertaining and a good time sink if you ever need some quick credits or experience. Very reminiscent of Star Fox. Can't wait to see how they expand it

RebelWeasel
03.15.2012 , 09:14 AM | #2
I also enjoy the space combat a lot more than I thought I would! It's relaxing, and like an old-fashioned arcade game. It's nice to lean far back in my chair, put my feet up, and enjoy blowing stuff up! I think I nearly had a sexual enjoyment experience when I upgraded tornadoes to 70. I keep challenging myself to get more and more target kills each run. I'd love it if we could get a end-summary display of how many targets we killed so we can compete with ourselves and each other. Perhaps even trophies or achievements for numbers of kills in categories!

Positive: World Sizes.
Once I hit Taris/Balmorra I was stymied by how huge they were, once I started to fully explore them.

I realized at once, that if I did start to feel overwhelmed and bored with one single planet, it was a lot more fun to take turns back and forth doing quests between Nar Shaddaa and Taris/Balmorra. This broke up the monotony of being only on one planet for days (in my lifestyle weeks) at a time, and still feeling like I wasn't skipping content and able to take my time.

Once I realized I could go ahead and rush forward to complete the Class story stuff then still go back and work on planet quests, now I'm rotating between three planets to play on instead of just one, and the variety and size of the zones keeps me really happy.
My curiosity is stronger than your security measure.
Game Revolution Radio

Deopalos
03.15.2012 , 09:17 AM | #3
Positive: Inevitable F2P due to a lack of interest at endgame.
End Of Days - Hardcore PvE - Empire

Zibit
03.15.2012 , 09:36 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Metaspark View Post
Bonus Drinking game: every time someone posts something negative anyway, or that they can't think of anything positive, take a drink. You'll be piss drunk before the 2nd page
"In other news, thousands of gamers from around the globe have been hospitalized as a result of partaking in a drinking game so dangerous, it lead to lethal amounts of alcohol consumed in a short period of time. Bioware, the creator of the large forum, had this to say: Sorry, we are unable to resolve your issue at this time."

RebelWeasel
03.15.2012 , 11:34 AM | #5
I'm not sure I have enough rum in stock for this game today. Can we post-pone it to Saturday so I can go get a few pints?
My curiosity is stronger than your security measure.
Game Revolution Radio

Guildrum
03.15.2012 , 12:25 PM | #6
Positive ITT: This came caters to casual altaholics like me. I am personally tired of the general MMO attitude, "it's all about the destination", because by the time players like me reach said destination, everyone's already in the third tier of ops/pvp armor whaling on bosses/killing everyone with ease. This game is about the trip, not the destination, which I like.
The Shaffer Legacy: Begeren Colony

Shaffer Lazy-eye Horace Sleth
Journalist, Pirate Bodyguard Sith

Ipsa
03.15.2012 , 12:46 PM | #7
I can play a girl character and be hawt.

Sammm
03.15.2012 , 12:55 PM | #8
Positives:
-Great storylines (my favorites so far are the trooper and the bounty hunter storylines)
-Beautiful environments (I love especially Tython, Korriban, Tattooine and Alderaan)
-Exciting flashpoints and space combats
-Amazing crafting system
-Update 1.2 soon

Negative:
-I don't have enough free time to play SWTOR as much as I'd like

Zibit
03.15.2012 , 01:04 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Sammm View Post
Positives:
-Great storylines (my favorites so far are the trooper and the bounty hunter storylines)
-Beautiful environments (I love especially Tython, Korriban, Tattooine and Alderaan)
-Exciting flashpoints and space combats
-Amazing crafting system
-Update 1.2 soon

Negative:
-I don't have enough free time to play SWTOR as much as I'd like

Absolutely magnificent

Anakso
03.15.2012 , 01:06 PM | #10
One Positive: even though at beginning stages, I enjoy the pvp and the class balances, has alot of potential as time goes on.