Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Error 9000 revisited.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KraGiEFunctional
03.17.2012 , 11:00 PM | #21
wow. these lag spikes are horrible. I just started playing this game. If this is what I'm to expect for game play, I'll probably end up going back to Rift or WoW

Mishaman
03.18.2012 , 02:31 PM | #22
Having this problem every 5 minutes today. 6 disconnects in under 30 minutes. never had this issue before. Gonna play something else for now.

Leoluchtloper
03.18.2012 , 02:37 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkneo View Post
Reserved for Renegadeimp to tell us its something on our end
lol you noticed that 2 huh? I really think renegadimp just wants to help but his/her
social skills need a bit of tweaking really
'Cause the Imps on the fleet are always hard
You come talkin' light trash, we'll pull your card
Knowing nothing in life but to be a Sith
Don't quote me droid cause i ain't said ****...

Leoluchtloper
03.18.2012 , 02:38 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Kenyan View Post
Hilarious, and inevitable.
Renegadeimp is making many friends indeed lol
'Cause the Imps on the fleet are always hard
You come talkin' light trash, we'll pull your card
Knowing nothing in life but to be a Sith
Don't quote me droid cause i ain't said ****...

rehjwh
03.18.2012 , 02:45 PM | #25
Ive not had many problems before but since logging in about an hour ago ive been kicked out approx 6 times.

Anyone know if this is a BT issue?

Exponent
03.18.2012 , 04:31 PM | #26
I don't think it's a BT issue. I'm not sure but I think this one is being experienced by players outside the UK. However, that's a good call. Normally in this country (UK) whenever there is a problem with comms of any kind, you will normally find a BT engineer at a switch holding a bunch of wires in one hand and scratching his head with the other. (and that goes for any provider since BT owns all the wire bar Virgin who have their own fiber)

Here is an interesting piece of the puzzle I've just uncovered. My lag problem I have been fighting since the last update. (15/3/2012) Since then, server lag has been getting worse and worse and now I cannot even stay connected on any of my current characters for longer than a second. As soon as I log in now, the meter is 1 bar (red) and latency increases until it disconnects. Before that, I would experience the same thing, but only once. A restart of either the client, machine, router or all 3 would clear it and I would be golden! Unless I changed toons, then it might come back again 1/3 the time

I read someone posting about it being a population based issue, so I thought I'd give a LIGHT server a try. All I could find was PvP servers so as a test, I created a toon on one. I seemed to be able to play fine for 10-15 minutes with no trouble so I tried another test. This time, creating the same kind of toon on a different PvE server with STANDARD population (the same as my current server) - This time around, I got the same result as the LIGHT server. That is, gameplay with no connectivity problems. So I'm starting to think, hmmmm, could this be character specific? Perhaps there is some profile information being stored somewhere and that data/ file could have been corrupted in the last update causing the issue? So I created a new character on my server and the Error 9000 returns! Mmmkk??

Summary:
  • All 3 characters on my server experience LAG OUT (9000 issue)
  • Created a new character on a lightly populated PvP server and NO LAG
  • Created a new character on a PvE server with the same population density as my home server with NO LAG
  • Created a new character on my home server and again experienced LAG OUT (9000)

I would be very interested if anyone else experiencing these issues would perhaps attempt the same test that I have and see if you can yield the same results. (as I'm sure the development team and CSRs at SWTOR also would, as they still seem to be scratching their heads a bit)

Back to that profiles thing.. your settings have to be somewhere. Curious if they are not stored on a per server basis and were corrupted in the last update. Hey, it happens. Also curious if perhaps SWTOR teams do not yet themselves know what is going on here. I totally understand that if either of those are the case, that it's incredibly corporate to not admit to anything. (esp if they corrupted our data) Find me a corporation that admits to anything unless they are forced to in court! Even still, nothing pisses people off more than to be kept busy doing a bunch of stuff that is never going to work in a million years while they try and figure out what's happening. But hey, maybe if we all put our heads together and come up with stuff to try, we might be able to corner the issue a bit

Exponent
03.20.2012 , 07:45 AM | #27
Anyone still having this problem should try again after today's patch.

I have had some very good and what I feel to be productive talks with CS up to now. There doesn't seem to be any mention of whether or not they did do something to fix this issue, but I do feel that during the course of our conversations, something came to light which may have lead to them being able to fix this issue at least to some degree.

Having undone all the changes I made to combat this issue when it started, I can pretty much say I can connect now and it's stable.

Hope you all can say the same

Sikh
03.20.2012 , 10:33 AM | #28
I have never had any of these problems since latest patch, yesterday it did it 2 me repeatedly at about 10pm onward, this is a BioWare issue they did something that is doing this to folks. If it continues to happen on my machine I will drop this game.
Who let the Jawas out?!

SilverDawn
03.20.2012 , 06:21 PM | #29
After today's patch it seems my connection is stable. I was able to play for an hour and a half today without any problems. Last week's March 13th patch is when I experienced frequent disconnects. I'll still respond to customer service with the logs they requested of me on Sunday. Even though I was able to log on and have a smooth game play experience this evening, I'm still a little hesitant to believe my error 9000 problem is solved for good. I hope everyone is able to find a solution.
May The Force Be With You Always

hercc
03.20.2012 , 07:03 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Exponent View Post
Anyone still having this problem should try again after today's patch.

I have had some very good and what I feel to be productive talks with CS up to now. There doesn't seem to be any mention of whether or not they did do something to fix this issue, but I do feel that during the course of our conversations, something came to light which may have lead to them being able to fix this issue at least to some degree.

Having undone all the changes I made to combat this issue when it started, I can pretty much say I can connect now and it's stable.

Hope you all can say the same
If you don't mind me asking...can you share what came to light...what was changed?

There was nothing in today's patch notes that referenced the network issues. That being said, so far the first 30 mins have been good.

*crosses fingers for the rest of the evening.