Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Error 9000 revisited.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kenyan
03.17.2012 , 02:25 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkneo View Post
Reserved for Renegadeimp to tell us its something on our end
Hilarious, and inevitable.

Arigo
03.17.2012 , 03:28 PM | #12
yes still experiencing this problem. Experiencing it right this very minute - which is why I'm in this thread. I've run through all the same hoops you have and nothing resolves the issue.

Early morning/late night, when the server is "light" on population, I have no issue. Afternoons and evenings = why bother playing. I constantly get dropped.

powergirl
03.17.2012 , 03:45 PM | #13
I have 5 days left on my subscription and I don't think I'll see the 1.2 patch nor will I renew my sub . I loved this game and I was even gonna stay for the long haul but error 9000 made me cancell my sub . I may come back later should this error get fixed , if not , then I'll just move on .
Nothing left to say , except that it has been fun ! Thanks for the great times people .

Tsaritsin
03.17.2012 , 03:49 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Arigo View Post
yes still experiencing this problem. Experiencing it right this very minute - which is why I'm in this thread. I've run through all the same hoops you have and nothing resolves the issue.

Early morning/late night, when the server is "light" on population, I have no issue. Afternoons and evenings = why bother playing. I constantly get dropped.
Yep, this is the same for me,

I just moved from a Dead EU server to a High pop EU server, and now during peak times I am getting Error 9000 disconnects and some crazy bad lag spikes.

Plus I get some strange freezes, where my char can still move, but cannot interact with anything, stays like that for a while, then drops me with an error 9000.

So I have a choice, either play on a low pop server, not really much point to that, or play on a high pop server, but never play during peak times, not much point to that either.

I am at a point now where I cannot decide what to do with this game, my gut feeling is to just drop the sub and come back in 3-6 months when it's all sorted out.

edit - when I played on Dxun Battle center I never had a single disconnect, nothing, zero, regardless of time played, it was 100% reliable, problem only started when I moved to my new server, so is this a server specific problem ?

would love more info if anyone knows anything, but not any of that "it's your ISP" nonsense thankyou very much.
"I am suffering from a cascade failure,
The flaws in my ENGINE are multiplying exponentially,
And my Death is inevitable, I am not worth mourning."

SWTOR, Chamber of Speech, HEROIC 2+

Nomaad
03.17.2012 , 03:54 PM | #15
Yah, same here, for the past 2 days i've gotten constantly disconected with the same error message.

Yah, wow just looks too good right now, and its a shame, cause I love this game, but the constant never ending errors and lag is too much, sub runs out, so shall I.

blalax
03.17.2012 , 04:28 PM | #16
I've been getting the error 9000 on and off since the asia/pacific servers went online but I have a feeling that might just be coincidence. Seems to occur a lot on weekends and especially today. I've already gone through all the fixes from the 1000's of posts (opening ports, disabling firewall, running in compatibility mode, etc). But nothing has fixed it

I have a feeling the issue is something on the server end with either a network threat protection type thing kicking in, the servers sending some kind of packet flood that causes the isp side to start blocking/dropping traffic, or even the servers just not being able to handle the amount of traffic they get.

I've never seen an online game actually cause my internet connection to break so bad that I have to reboot my modem. Sadly the disconnects today occur enough to be extremely annoying but yet I have enough play time (anywhere from 20 min to an hour) to stay hooked

also anyone know why this game needs so many ports opened? Or is that normal for a MMO? I don't play WoW but from what I've read it doesn't seem to need a range of over 10000 ports opened in order to play....

Botterman
03.17.2012 , 09:36 PM | #17
Same here, had Comcast come in switch all my wires out and even put a booster on it and my internet is fast as heck but im still having disconnections every 5mins with 9000 error. I can Play WoW perfect and no problems. enough is enough! people need to just start closing there accounts and maybe they will be taking this more serious. me and probably millions of players feel like they arnt getting help instead bioware ask for rediculous info and then point the finger at us and are providers...thats all ive gotten from them! i hope they read these....

Angry swtor Fan
Chris
Im just badazz with a blackrobe, some asthma, and a lightsaber...

Botterman
03.17.2012 , 09:37 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by powergirl View Post
I have 5 days left on my subscription and I don't think I'll see the 1.2 patch nor will I renew my sub . I loved this game and I was even gonna stay for the long haul but error 9000 made me cancell my sub . I may come back later should this error get fixed , if not , then I'll just move on .
im thinking the same!!!
Im just badazz with a blackrobe, some asthma, and a lightsaber...

SilverSoviet
03.17.2012 , 09:58 PM | #19
I'm still having the error, too. That's why I'm here actually, I can't play the game tonight. It's odd, like others have mentioned I used to get Error 9000 a ton after launch, but for probably the last month or so I've almost never had it, only 3 times that I can think of. Then tonight I log in to play and I can't stay logged in for more than a minute or two, if it lets me log in at all. Sometimes it'll boot me w/ Error 9000 before I've even logged in on my character. It's never been this bad for me.

Ronthulhu
03.17.2012 , 10:55 PM | #20
Have the same issue as well. I have gone round and round with customer service:
-get stock responses
-get the same suggestions from different reps
-eventually told each time it is on my end, when I have worked with my ISP, and discovered this to be false