Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Error 9000 revisited.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

FyrosFulke
03.14.2012 , 07:50 PM | #1
First off, i'd like to link ahead of time the typical CS links given:

Basic junk to place the blame on you.

Ports you are supposed to have open on your router. (Please note, only one computer can be set to use these ports, which COMPLETELY negates the point of a router if this is the case. Its clearly not, i have these ports open, and absolutely Zero change. )

A link to another link that tells how you how to adjust your firewall settings.

I have a couple of the stock emails as well for tickets in game.

Ive opened my ports. No change.

I bought a new router, a NICE one, Net gear N600, built specifically for online gaming, dual channel, amazing signal strength. So no interference or incompatibility issue there. No firmware upgrade available either, since some smart alec always says that pointless tidbit. Everything ELSE works better on the internet however. Way faster. also out 108 bucks.

I opened the ports on this one as suggested. No change whatsoever.

Plugged directly into the router modem, taking out the router completely, no change at all.

So that pretty much completely rules out the "blame the other guy" approach that its always the routers fault in this case.

Set firewall exceptions: No change.

No other programs open while attempting to play: Check, no change at all.

I can go down the entire list of suggestions, none of them make ANY bit of difference. Here's what i -can- tell you.

My computer, and my wife's computer, use our amazingly good and strong router with no problems, AT ALL on any other website, be it streaming two different videos, Playing World of Warcraft, or any other constant data stream sort of activity, to and fro. It works perfectly, everywhere.

Except SWTOR.

It works better in the mornings, when populations are light. In the evening, like right now, it disconnects me so often that i have time to write up a report like this. sometimes it'll disconnect me before the load bar fills up.

Another thread detailed what devs know about Error 9000. This is what they say.

Of particular interest to me is this line:
Quote:
First, let me tell you a bit about Error Code 9000 Ė unfortunately, itís a pretty generic error. It means that for some reason, the server hasnít heard from the client for over 30 seconds.

I don't think that's accurate. I'll run up, kill something, loot, pick up the stuff, spike to crazy lag and disconnect. The looting hits the server for permission to gain items, otherwise everyone would be hacking items into their cargo bay like a crappy diablo 2 trainer. So it communicated to the server, "i killed something, and wanna loot it. " the server says back "Good job, here's 35 credits, and a piece of crap grey trash item" then disconnects you within 10 seconds. It happens -all the time-. Other times, it'll just sit there, running into an invisible wall, a circular wall around my character. -occasionally- it'll let me reconnect and keep moving a few meters, then do it again, THEN disconnect. this tells me that its getting a signal from me. Its just getting ignored when these errors occur.

I have the strong impression, having a little knowledge of how networks work, that whatever is granting permission to connect to your server, is "Dropping calls" like a bad cell phone company, when there's full bars in the area. There's a program somewhere with one miniscule setting set to 5 seconds instead of 30 seconds, to start refusing incoming data, much like being throttled.

Ive pinged the swtor.com server while the little red x of doom is present on my screen, sending commands off like wild to try and keep it connected, and it pings just fine. but the game still dumps me out and says "you've been disconnected from the server."

If I have been disconnected from your server, something on your server is disconnecting me, and many like me.

My question to other players:
How many of you are still experiencing this? i have a friend in my guild I have ranted too about my problems and attempts to fix them on my end, to never seeing an inch of improvement. He says there's no way to know how many people in the original Error 9000 thread (over 1000 reports of this issue..and one vocal complaint can equal dozens if not hundreds of silent complaints) are still experiencing the issue, and got it fixed.

Are you still suffering with this and desperate to play what is a beautiful and amazing game full of fun, story telling and great pvp?

I want it fixed, i want my Swtor Fix, and i want a fix for my error 9000's.

Please, a concrete answer, this is dragging on too long.

Thanks for making it to the end.

FyrosFulke
03.14.2012 , 08:10 PM | #2

FoxDarkholme
03.14.2012 , 08:17 PM | #3
Ever since the patch of 3-13-2012 I have experianced this issue again and again and , annoying so, again. I thas takem me over 12 re-logins to just run from my ship to the senate building and back again. This is an annoyance that prevents me from playing this game and I do wanna play, but after the millionth time of the dissconection issue I find my self going back to WOW. I need a game fix and this is now not doing it. I hope this issue gets resolved soon for I would hate to go back to WOW and drop this game.

Darkneo
03.14.2012 , 08:18 PM | #4
Well said my friend.
Had the issue since launch and like you I have tried everything, we all know it isn't out end or ISP and yes I'm still getting it to this day. Infact I have dc'd about 4 times tonight between 12am and 2am when there is hardly anybody online. It's funny though because I hadn't had the problem for about a week and a half but it came back with the "maintenance" on monday.

Darkneo
03.14.2012 , 08:20 PM | #5
Reserved for Renegadeimp to tell us its something on our end

Booberries
03.17.2012 , 09:24 AM | #6
I've done everything the OP has tried, and I'm having the exact same problem. Everything was fine until several days ago. As soon as I log on, I go from four bars all the way down to the dreaded little red x. Very frustrating.

Kenyan
03.17.2012 , 01:33 PM | #7
I am still having this problem after trying the suggested fixes, and am nearling the point where I will stop paying money for product and services I am not able to use.

AB-Kin-Kobi
03.17.2012 , 01:54 PM | #8
Im having the same problem (9000 and 1003), but mine dit not start again until today (Havent seen them since early launch) been disconnected 5 times the last 30 minutes or so.
The Force is strong in this one..!

TPSou
03.17.2012 , 02:13 PM | #9
I'm having the same problem, have been since a few patches ago. I have already unsubscribed as I can't do anything fun in the game. IT doesn't always completely disconnect me, it just makes the game unresponsive for ten seconds or so, then catches up with itself, making end-game content impossible.

Orczombie
03.17.2012 , 02:21 PM | #10
Same here, problem went away 6 or 7 weeks ago, but has resurfaced in last 2 weeks, about 15-25mins of play, then disconnect error 9000.