Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Respec of advance class needs to be implemented

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Respec of advance class needs to be implemented

LoL-K-Noob's Avatar


LoL-K-Noob
03.14.2012 , 06:05 PM | #1
Its silly to play the exact same story line twice to experience both classes. A long or hard quest should be implemented and upon completion you choose the other AC.

monkgryphon's Avatar


monkgryphon
03.14.2012 , 06:06 PM | #2
There are alternative routes to level cap.

LoL-K-Noob's Avatar


LoL-K-Noob
03.14.2012 , 06:06 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by monkgryphon View Post
There are alternative routes to level cap.
Not everyone has a guildie to power level them.

Kaphik's Avatar


Kaphik
03.14.2012 , 06:08 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by LoL-K-Noob View Post
Not everyone has a guildie to power level them.
I think he was talking about pvp, space missions and just running flashpoints in addition to solely doing the class quests.

monkgryphon's Avatar


monkgryphon
03.14.2012 , 06:09 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaphik View Post
I think he was talking about pvp, space missions and just running flashpoints in addition to solely doing the class quests.
On the nose.

TheHoodedFang's Avatar


TheHoodedFang
03.14.2012 , 06:09 PM | #6
There's nothing silly about it, they are two separate classes, if you wanted to play a Mage in WoW instead of a Warrior you have no choice but to reroll.

There is a reason that despite all the success and every convenience feature they have implemented (faction xfers and character xfers, etc...) that Blizzard hasn't implemented paid class changes. The same logic behind that decision applies to SWTOR as well.

There will never be AC "respecs" (such a poor use of the term), ever.

ferroz's Avatar


ferroz
03.14.2012 , 06:22 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TheHoodedFang View Post
There's nothing silly about it, they are two separate classes, if you wanted to play a Mage in WoW instead of a Warrior you have no choice but to reroll.
Nah, the diffrecens between a shadow and a sage are no more than the differences between an elemental shaman and an enhancement shaman.

Sages and shadows are both the same class. Trying to pretend that they're as different as a mage and warrior is pretty absurd (and that doesn't matter whether you're the one who's doing it or the devs are)

Akirator's Avatar


Akirator
03.14.2012 , 06:23 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ferroz View Post
Nah, the diffrecens between a shadow and a sage are no more than the differences between an elemental shaman and an enhancement shaman.

Sages and shadows are both the same class.
No they're not. The devs have even said that AC are DIFFERENT classes. That's their whole basis for not allowing AC changes.
Computer specs

If somebody was standing on a street corner screaming "This town sucks, I'm moving!" you'd think he was crazy, right? I quit threads are the same thing.

LoL-K-Noob's Avatar


LoL-K-Noob
03.14.2012 , 06:25 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaphik View Post
I think he was talking about pvp, space missions and just running flashpoints in addition to solely doing the class quests.
Yes the same flashpoints, space missions, pvp etc. you did the first playthrough. All the same thing just to experience the other class. Pointless grind.

LoL-K-Noob's Avatar


LoL-K-Noob
03.14.2012 , 06:25 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Akirator View Post
No they're not. The devs have even said that AC are DIFFERENT classes. That's their whole basis for not allowing AC changes.
It is no where near other games where a class is completely different form the other. We have ACs sharing many of the same talents/abilities even a tree. It is just BioWares way of trying to keep people sub'd who would actually waste their time doing it.