Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No pre-release play for preorders? Wha?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
No pre-release play for preorders? Wha?

Kilazanu
12.16.2011 , 11:37 AM | #1
So I entered my preorder code literally the day I got my email telling me I could do so. I learned later that I would need another code in order to play before the release date, and would recieve it by email. Supposedly these are sent in the order people put in their codes (unless I somehow read that wrong). A friend of mine put their code in probably a week after I did, and they were invited on the 13th. Yet I still have recieved no pre-play invitation. Maybe I'm just one of dozens that got overlooked? Sort of frustrating that I paid for a preorder, and now it looks like I won't get one of the promised perks for doing so : /

XJerikoX
12.16.2011 , 11:39 AM | #2
Same problem

Aieny
12.16.2011 , 11:42 AM | #3
Have you tried logging into the game, or checking your account's Code Redemption history to see if you have been granted Early Game Access? If you can't log into the game, then go to your account, choose Code Redemption on the right sidebar, then look under Code Redemption History. You should see
12.13.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to play
11.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch
07.21.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Standard Edition Pre-Order
where the bottom line indicates the date you redeemed your pre-order, the middle line is on everyone's account allowing them to patch the game, and the top line means you have been granted Early Game Access.

Oh, and there is no additional code needed to play in the Early Game Access period. You will, though, need it to play after Dec 22.

Trickster_
12.16.2011 , 11:42 AM | #4
I think we may be having the same problem. I got a code from origin when I preordered, and I entered it after I got it. I just got an email like 10 minutes ago with a new code that I had to enter for it to work. I entered that code, and set up my subscription, but I still can't play the game. ***?

Aieny
12.16.2011 , 11:44 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Trickster_ View Post
I think we may be having the same problem. I got a code from origin when I preordered, and I entered it after I got it. I just got an email like 10 minutes ago with a new code that I had to enter for it to work. I entered that code, and set up my subscription, but I still can't play the game. ***?
No, that code you just received from Origin is your retail product key, which you need to enter to continue playing after Dec 22. I suspect you've had Early Game Access all along (you should have it by now) and just didn't know it because the email got lost.

What is keeping you from being able to play the game? (not being sarcastic, I'm honestly trying to find out what's wrong and help fix it)

Trickster_
12.16.2011 , 11:44 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Aieny View Post
Have you tried logging into the game, or checking your account's Code Redemption history to see if you have been granted Early Game Access? If you can't log into the game, then go to your account, choose Code Redemption on the right sidebar, then look under Code Redemption History. You should see
12.13.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to play
11.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch
07.21.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Standard Edition Pre-Order
where the bottom line indicates the date you redeemed your pre-order, the middle line is on everyone's account allowing them to patch the game, and the top line means you have been granted Early Game Access.

Oh, and there is no additional code needed to play in the Early Game Access period. You will, though, need it to play after Dec 22.
I Have all of that and still cant play the game. Why would this be?

Aieny
12.16.2011 , 11:45 AM | #7
What happens when you try to play?

Trickster_
12.16.2011 , 11:46 AM | #8
Says no active subscription. Even though I have one.

dutchturbine
12.16.2011 , 11:47 AM | #9
^ this

Aieny
12.16.2011 , 11:51 AM | #10
Try posting in this thread for help: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...547#edit368547