Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do you ever regret your decisions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Do you ever regret your decisions?

DataBeaver
03.15.2012 , 12:24 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Benfea View Post
This is an MMORPG. If you do not reroll to try other choices, you're not getting all you can out of the game.

Don't regret. Think of it as an opportunity to explore more stuff later.
Oh, I'm certainly going to make more characters to experience the different storylines, and perhaps even variations of the ones I've already played. That's somewhat different from deleting the existing character and creating it again for changing only a few choices.

Quote: Originally Posted by MagesKickass View Post
SPOILER AHEAD FOR THE REPUBLIC TROOPER STORYLINE! SERIOUSLY!
There's a [spoiler] tag for that, no need to play with colors.

Rimca
03.15.2012 , 05:52 AM | #12
Yes I do !!

Too bad I bought this game has a digital collector edition ....
it was not worth my money neither was it worth my time.
"May the Geek be with you"

Ohnoto
03.15.2012 , 07:02 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by MagesKickass View Post
Oh yes, I do. Due to my conversation choices....

SPOILER AHEAD FOR THE REPUBLIC TROOPER STORYLINE! SERIOUSLY!

Spoiler

Hopefully my color choice hides it some against the background for anyone who doesn't want to see it. And that's not even the only thing that I regret.
There are spoiler tags, simply put the text of spoiler between brackets [ ] to hide text instead of changing the color.
Community Admin - TorCommunity
News, Guides, Forums, Character Profiles, and more.

Benfea
03.15.2012 , 07:16 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by LeeTone View Post
In the game? No, I'm always happy with my decisions.

IRL? All the time.

Guess I'm a wiser person in the virtual world.
You, sir, have a healthy perspective.
"It's great to be known, but it's even better to be known as strange."
-Takeshi Kaga

Deopalos
03.15.2012 , 09:29 AM | #15
The games choices do not carry enough weight later on to have an honest effect on me emotionally. The common DS choice for Bounty Hunters is "kill this person" and the LS choice is "take him prisoner."
End Of Days - Hardcore PvE - Empire

Dandune
03.15.2012 , 12:48 PM | #16
I regreted letting Jaxo die on my Vanguard, so I saved her on Commando.
Then she sent me a letter and left.

No more funtime on Coruscant.

Damon_Mott
03.15.2012 , 02:40 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by WBTronix View Post
I did at first, when I thought my actions might mean something. Once I realized how formulated the game was and how linear the stories are I lost that emotional attachment to my choices. There are few consequences for any choice and those with consequences are usually blatently obvious so the player knows what would happen before they make the choice.

At least in KotOR some of your choices could drastically change your adventure. Which made every choice more meaningful.

In this game it doesn't matter if I kill or save someone. I'll just get a letter in the mail with a couple thousand credits and a lovely note about how big a help I've been or how big a problem I've been. Multiple-ending story telling at its finest!
Yea, I hear you, man. Whatever happened to all that serious dev talk that went something like this, "Choices matter. If you kill the Captain in the flashpoint, dont be surprised 10-20 levels down the road if his family comes looking for you for revenge."

Well I killed that Captain like a dozen times and I have yet to see any magical family member hunt my character down and attempt to kill him. Choices matter, my butt.
The Outer Rim Criminal Alliance:
A Heavy-RP Sith Crime Syndicate
Click here to Join!

Silthir
03.15.2012 , 02:45 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Anysao View Post
Sorta, first thing that comes to mind is in one story quest on taris, I'm a Dark-sided sith assassin, and there is a part where you speak to a Jedi, APPARENTLY, I did the wrong dialogue (I could have just gotten +50 DS points with a bolt of lightning, but I thought I'd be pushing my luck), I ended up with ALL THREE OPTIONS ON THE WHEEL OFFERING LIGHTSIDE POINTS! I spazzed, then took a breath, and just accepted the +100 light sides.
The problem was, it was right after a very hard boss fight, and I didn't wanna reset.
So why didn't you hit esc and talk to the "quest giver" (or whatever it is) again? xD

DarthRamette
03.15.2012 , 02:55 PM | #19
Not really, I have played my SW the way I wanted to and didn't really give a flip about alignment.