Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do I kill Darth Angral???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
How do I kill Darth Angral???

Sonoran
03.12.2012 , 07:41 PM | #21
At your level you should be looking at decking out in all Orangewear IMO. You can get boots from the light/dark side vendor. Tattoine had orange chest armor from the commendations. Nar Shaddaa has commendation headwear, etc etc. Also the AH has a lot of stuff.

I had to wait a whole planet to get my speeder cause I'd put money into armor, mods and weapons

Take commendations as quest rewards except when you're offered a really good piece of gear or mod. Once you're in orange armor spend your commendations for current level mods.

I'm all in orange gear and Kira's got orange hat, chest, boots and weapon. I let Kira's mods fall a planet behind in level. A well-geared companion is a force to behold, especially for a JKG and especially since we have no heals with Kira.

aceckler
03.12.2012 , 07:48 PM | #22
I feel for this guy as I am a 33 combat sentinel, and geared pretty well as I can be at 33 and I have literally had him below 10% and that was once and it was lucky crits I believe. However, I don't claim to be anything spectacular, I'm pretty decent at boss fights and this guy is ROOOUUGH lol.

Knockerz
03.12.2012 , 07:49 PM | #23
Well, I think I killed him the first time, but on some elite mob on that ship I died like dozen of times, so much that i had to take a break cause the revive had a 15 minute cd.

The trick is to send kira in first and taunt when her life gets low. You can also try snaring him and running away while kira does some damage, not sure if it will work on him, but it works on elites so I'm guessing it works on him too. This is how I killed that elite on the ship. As usual always interrupt and if your low on rage you can snare him and run away and charge him back to get an interrupt and more rage. Also make sure to use your defensive cds. Your gear also needs to be good. I learn this the hard way.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Less armour = moves faster = more dodging = less getting hit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Oh.. there is plenty of complaining in this thread. As well as demands, expressions of entitlement, and wild dreams.
Lovely Andryah the Forum Princess

Tarakona
03.13.2012 , 12:40 AM | #24
I'm guessing it's a combination of your/Kira's gear and not using your abilities correctly. I had read this thread a couple days ago and did the fight today, not realizing this was the fight.

I was only 31 but almost all orange gear with mods at 26-30. Kira is almost all in orange gear as well with similar mods. I'm guessing gear isn't best if you are barely or not even at 6k health as I was over 6.5k. But health isn't just the only thing you lack if your gear is under par...you lack the maximum damage you can be doing as well. And with bosses, sometimes that's the key...taking them down quicker than they can take you down.

I was kinda surprised coming back here and realizing this was the big fight I read about because I royally screwed up going into it (auto run + eating = bad pull), not even being at full health and 2 defensive cds had 30s left on them. I think I interrupted only twice during the whole fight. I did have to drop aggro (with Force Camo) and let Kira tank him for the last 30%. I ended up finishing the fight with 15% health and Kira with 5%.

Granted I've already gotten an Imperial Agent and Sith Warrior to 50...and believe me, the Imperial Agent's boss fight at the end of Chapter 1 makes anything look like a cake walk thanks to being badly bugged...but this fight just seemed really easy.

When you're having trouble with an elite, find out what you're taking a lot of damage from and how to avoid it. Whether it means running away or using an ability to interrupt or using an ability to mitigate the damage. Sometimes there's just one move that makes the difference in the fight. Sometimes there's 2. You having to remember too that if a move is meant to be interrupted, that gives you a timer to know when it'll hit next. Usually that timer matches your interrupts CD. Unleash hell between then. And knowing the timing also helps you avoid interrupting your own moves in doing so.

YourMomWasHere
03.14.2012 , 07:17 AM | #25
You kill him with love.

Tkamora
04.13.2012 , 11:35 PM | #26
I am way under lvled and actually a few missions away(i think)but i wanna know what planet u kill him on or wat planet his ship is near
We are the Republic's best hope.
We burn our opponents where they stand.
We are the Solar Dawn.
Join us on our quest for The Harbinger domination.

Djspyder
04.13.2012 , 11:41 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Tkamora View Post
I am way under lvled and actually a few missions away(i think)but i wanna know what planet u kill him on or wat planet his ship is near
Um... Its Not a "Planet" it an Instance.... that only exists for that fight.... Spoilers Incoming so Read At Your own risk....

Spoiler

Lightmaguz
04.14.2012 , 03:21 AM | #28
interrupt be decent level have decently geared companions (and yourself of course) = win

Ovan_Oh-One
04.14.2012 , 03:23 AM | #29
Holy necro, Batman!
Artist formerly known as Agyo.
Ketwol
Enra

chaosdefined
04.14.2012 , 10:18 AM | #30
This fight is ridiculously hard.

In the end I got a guildie to come help me.

Wish I'd asked them before wasting an hour and 30k on trying it myself at level 30.

It's annoying how they overtune some of the class bosses to the mission levels.