Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

How do I kill Darth Angral???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
How do I kill Darth Angral???

Nomaad's Avatar


Nomaad
03.11.2012 , 06:24 AM | #11
Of all the turning point bosses i've killed on my 3 50's (jugg,sorcerer,commando), Angral was by far the toughest, only because I had to actually use some skill by pushing an extra button or 2.

Now that being said, I know a lot of players out there, because of the dismal sad state of the worst UI in mmo history (swtor) are constantly glancing down to the bottom of their screens and not what the boss is chanelling. As a knight you have all the abilities to beat him.

Check out tutorials on u-tube, they will help a lot.

/waves hand;

You will beat Angral.
Ded'i

Tedroni's Avatar


Tedroni
03.11.2012 , 11:53 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerion View Post
Seriously, people, why even post if all you're going to do is display your epeen. Nobody gives a **** that you beat him easy peasy. No. Really. Nobody cares.


To the OP, here are some actual helpful tips:
  1. Make sure your gear on yourself and Kira is up to level.
  2. Send in Kira first.
  3. When Angral begins a channel, leap in to disrupt.
  4. Use kick>Stasis>kick>force push>leap>kick to interrupt as many Angral's channeling as possible.
  5. When Kira gets down to low health, taunt Angral off of her.
  6. Also don't forget Call of the Force and your saber wards.
^^ This

Monkgryphon: your advice was unhelpful not because it was unorignial, but because it was non-specific to the point of uselessness.

Fearlessxiii: you're really saying that monk's advice was adequate? I disagree, vehemently. Your advice was MUCH better than his because of your specificity. You actually offered help, whereas monk was only offering backhanded criticism.

Stonelead: I laughed. Although, if helpful advice had not be presented before your post, it would've just been more frustrating... Good sense of timing on your part. :-)

Nomaad: I thought your post was excellent. You brought another option for the OP (and maybe me, for that matter) to learn from! woot!
*still screaming like a little girl!*

FearlessXIII's Avatar


FearlessXIII
03.11.2012 , 12:51 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Tedroni View Post
Fearlessxiii: you're really saying that monk's advice was adequate? I disagree, vehemently. Your advice was MUCH better than his because of your specificity. You actually offered help, whereas monk was only offering backhanded criticism.

well, to his credit, he realy gave andvice on JK fights in a nutshell.
It IS a chalenging class. When I die, it is often because I did not use what I have right.
There is no secret to winning a bossfight as a sentinel.
I defeated Angral simply be trying again and again, as frustrating as it was.
Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step on the path to true panic.

- Florance Ambrose

Aeryl's Avatar


Aeryl
03.11.2012 , 12:55 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by FearlessXIII View Post
Also, while I am very much opposed to the concept of interrupts in TOR's gameplay because they carry the unplesant stench of a quick time event, they are actualy a key to winning bossfights.
Quick time event? What does that even mean?

Spell interruption has been around about as long as MMOs have.

FearlessXIII's Avatar


FearlessXIII
03.11.2012 , 01:00 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeryl View Post
Quick time event? What does that even mean?
Press X to not die.

like in Call of Duty Modern Warfare, when you have to hit the mele attack button at the exact right moment, to prevent an attackdog from tearing out your throat.

Or in Uncharted, wenn in the midle of the game, without warning, you get a cutscene an you have to hit a certain butten instantly or you fall down a pit.
Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step on the path to true panic.

- Florance Ambrose

Aeryl's Avatar


Aeryl
03.11.2012 , 01:31 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by FearlessXIII View Post
Press X to not die.

like in Call of Duty Modern Warfare, when you have to hit the mele attack button at the exact right moment, to prevent an attackdog from tearing out your throat.

Or in Uncharted, wenn in the midle of the game, without warning, you get a cutscene an you have to hit a certain butten instantly or you fall down a pit.
Like I said, spell interrupts have been around longer than those. And if I recall from the one Call of Duty I played, you have to repeatedly mash the button. Spell interrupts require you to actually pay attention to your screen and see which spell you're interrupting to conserve your limited interrupts for the important ones.

DaWaffle's Avatar


DaWaffle
03.11.2012 , 02:27 PM | #17
Quote:
why two?
With a CD of 90 sec. it's unlikely you get a chance for a second dose.
Or maybe that's just me, because I usualy don't use a medpack before I'm not about 3/4s down. Mistake?
The second one is saved for when I get desperate and start kiting him

FearlessXIII's Avatar


FearlessXIII
03.11.2012 , 02:28 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeryl View Post
Like I said, spell interrupts have been around longer than those. And if I recall from the one Call of Duty I played, you have to repeatedly mash the button. Spell interrupts require you to actually pay attention to your screen and see which spell you're interrupting to conserve your limited interrupts for the important ones.

Well, I have to take your word for it. this is my first adventure in the dark swamps of MMORPGs so I don't know my self.
Guess it's a matter of taste. So far, I just don't like it very much.
Understanding the scope of the problem is the first step on the path to true panic.

- Florance Ambrose

Sonoran's Avatar


Sonoran
03.12.2012 , 04:42 PM | #19
So I'll give you my version of strat for this fight.

Took me five tries so don't feel bad, although I was two levels undercon at the time. You have to use all your skills and even at that it's so close it could go either way. It can come down to a string of lucky crits or a missed interrupt. But that's what makes it fun.

Most of this has already been said, but I've added a couple of things:



= Kira needs good gear too, she should have over 6000 hp at least for this fight IMO. (There's a reason this fight requires Kira, she's part of the story)

= It's probably best to clear out all the trash mobs in the bridge area first in case your fight spills out onto the walkway.

= Turn off Kira's auto AoE and Shield skills, I prefer Kira's Exasanguination stance for a long fight like this. Make sure Kira's shield skill isn't on cooldown before you start. Always check that your own long cd skills are ready before you start, goes without saying.

= Send Kira in by clicking her highest damage skill

= Force leap in to interrupt Angral's first induction (you'll see the induction bar above his vitals) this will come up right away.

= Manually hit Kira's shield skill

= You can position yourself so that when you push Angral he'll only be thrown a couple of feet before he hits the wall with the bridge controls on it. (this will leave you with a leap ready for a possible interrupt later) or push him out onto the walkway to the bridge and leap to him when his next induction starts (that's two interrupts: the push and then the leap, time them so you get the most out of them). Decide what you want to do and position yourself for it. How you position will also affect where you end up when he force pushes you.

= When he does his force push/knockdown on you, consider running out a little farther to get a force leap interrupt if your other interrupt skills are on cd.

= DPS and interrupt (kick, stasis, push, kick) as much as possible

= Angral will stun Kira and then fight you periodically, and your cooldowns will keep you from interrupting absolutely every induction.

= I'm not positive but as I remember Angral has both induction skills and channel skills, try and distinguish between them. As a general rule you should interrupt induction skills when the bar is almost complete, interrupt channel skills (Force Lightning I think) as soon as possible.

= When Kira gets to 1/3 health: force taunt Angral, hit your ward skill, and if you're below 2/3 health fire your medpack.

= Keep Kira alive as long as possible, your dps drops by about 50% when she dies.

= I don't think kiting works in this fight, his ranged skills are too good and his inductions/channels are too powerful. You'll mitigate more damage and keep Kira alive longer going toe to toe and interrupting.

Savvart's Avatar


Savvart
03.12.2012 , 05:26 PM | #20
All excellent advice, thx all...

Even those with marginally helpful comments - they all add up and I got a good laugh out of a couple...

I've tried about 15 times now so its not working for me.

I've gone away to level up a bit more first and to look at better armor, etc.

Kira is nowhere near 6000 hit points at the moment and I'm just under that as well.


Can someone please explain how to craft better armor, weapons etc???

thx again