Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is the SWTOR fiasco??

XGSTAR
03.11.2012 , 04:31 PM | #21
Welcome to XXI: the crying cycle.

pzljug
03.11.2012 , 04:32 PM | #22
Hmm I think I heard about the same thing with DA:2 and Mass Effect 2 when that first came out.

Mosene
03.11.2012 , 04:35 PM | #23
I think SWTOR is a good game, but not good enough to make me play it more than I did.Hope it will be out there for a long time.
No BIRD is made out of metal, unless it's a machine.

Lexhorn
03.11.2012 , 04:36 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
Now... what did I miss? What are these people talking about? I've not been playing for awhile (still subscribed) because various things IRL have left me with less time to play video games, then I wanted to finish up a save for ME2 and now playing ME3.

So what have I missed?
People are talking about the end of "Desperate Housewives", "The Sopranos", "Lost", etc...
So nothing new with the discussions about the end of ME3.

boleole
03.11.2012 , 04:42 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Valens_Andorius View Post
Sadly true. I'm a history teacher, and assigned an Essay about the Fall of the Roman Republic.

Of 29 Students, 12 used the terms lol, omg, or some other internet leet-speek.

1 student actually said the Senate was trolling Caesar.

Hope the Mayans were right, cause anything else will be a ***-hat Sopranos ending.
In the 60s the kids would probably write Brutus freaked out because of the bad vibrations the senate sent. ...

Hope you looked trough the leetspeak and gave them grades for what they understood about old Rome.

Anyway, This game is not a failure. Its not as good as I made myself belive before release but a nice time killer.
“There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.”

Jay_Stocker
03.12.2012 , 11:42 AM | #26
because the idiots who complain are usually the ones that are the first to ***** about it on forums and social media, alot more so than people who want to praise the game. so they get a bigger voice which influence others even if they are the minority.

i love all bioware games. i love mass effect. and i loved dragon age 2.

Chantrea
03.12.2012 , 05:37 PM | #27
I think this is just the cascade of ME3 princeface/rage spilling over to everything else the company touched. I'm not a big non-MMO computer game fan, but observing my hubby play nonstop practically until the end, get to the total ...??? ending (after enjoying the game immensely until that point), and then being filled in on the trainwreck post rage that's going on over there in the forums. I think people are just freaking out at Bioware right now.

It does seem somewhat justified, that sure was a lame ending for a game that's centered around the storyline, and it just seems like a really dumb move on the part of whoever was calling the shots; but I don't think you can expect anyone who's sleep deprived and who's invested that much time into something to not be at least a little irrationally upset if there's a significant What-the-heck-was-that at the end.

MrStabbie
03.12.2012 , 10:48 PM | #28
If you want to see a fiasco, check out Final fantasy 14's launch.

Jeffor
03.13.2012 , 12:45 PM | #29
Everything is great if you love tons of voice-overs and terrible gaming communities.
LotRO: Jeffaman/Lilnooblet/Jeffrandir/Cephus-Brandywine Server
SWG: Cephus/Herodotus Tchuck'Tchuck'aachoo-Ahazi Server (At one with the force)
SWTOR: Cephus TchukTchukAchoo-Jedi Sentinel-The Swiftsure Server
Farewell SWG Gone but not forgotten S238

Moondragon
03.13.2012 , 01:49 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
Ok, so with the recent release of Mass Effect 3 and so many people not liking the ending, they are making comparisons to Star Wars the Old Republic being such a horrid game and using words like "fiasco" and such. It's all apparently evidence that Bioware has lost their touch and is going to completely fail as a company very soon.

Now... what did I miss? What are these people talking about? I've not been playing for awhile (still subscribed) because various things IRL have left me with less time to play video games, then I wanted to finish up a save for ME2 and now playing ME3.

So what have I missed?
Nothing. You've missed absolutely nothing. Keep playing the game(s) if you enjoy it (Both this and ME3) and make your own calls.

Kinda reminds me of the movie Sucker Punch. Granted, it wasn't the best of movies (although I enjoyed it)...but I was surprised that so many people hated it for the wrong reasons. Example: The ending was getting slammed by quite a lot of people because...it wasn't a "happy ending". Wrong thing to be upset about for that movie. Sorry if it didn't make people feel like sunshine and roses. :shrug: But I digress
Dai'alastar Moondragon .
Jedi Guardian
Jung Ma • Looking for Guild