Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vote kick in WZ's, the next big step. Give it to us BW

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Vote kick in WZ's, the next big step. Give it to us BW

ntyzor
03.07.2012 , 03:00 AM | #1
This should be the next big thing that you should bring in PvP BW.

Frustration will still reign in these forums but hey, at least all the peps who enjoy PvP will have no headaches and will be able to enjoy their game.

No more idlers, no more 4 medal cap - afk discussions, and everyone beside the trolls will enjoy their game peacefully.

Elendil_PL
03.07.2012 , 03:06 AM | #2
They will do it, with 1.2 upgrade

Twor
03.07.2012 , 03:14 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Elendil_PL View Post
They will do it, with 1.2 upgrade
Marking people for afk is coming. Kicking people immediately in PUGs just with a vote... should never ever come.

JackBurden
03.07.2012 , 03:34 AM | #4
I'd like to see a way of dealing with people who don't contribute anything and instead insult everyone around. Imagine the situation where an ops leader, seeing that his tactics in Alderaan failed, screams about everyone's stupidity and lack of skill and finishes his speech with "I'm gonna AFK in a safe spot now, do whatever you want" (Yes, I'm talking about you, Ceslata). Guys like this would be the first ones to get kicked. It would at least bring some satisfaction to the team if we are losing.
Never let your sense of morality keep you from doing what you think is right.
Isaac Asimov

Xinika
03.07.2012 , 03:43 AM | #5
System will be easily abused.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

Haldern
03.07.2012 , 03:47 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JackBurden View Post
I'd like to see a way of dealing with people who don't contribute anything and instead insult everyone around. Imagine the situation where an ops leader, seeing that his tactics in Alderaan failed, screams about everyone's stupidity and lack of skill and finishes his speech with "I'm gonna AFK in a safe spot now, do whatever you want" (Yes, I'm talking about you, Ceslata). Guys like this would be the first ones to get kicked. It would at least bring some satisfaction to the team if we are losing.
You are making the assumption that the people with the voting power would use it correctly; many people wouldn't.

Not to mention it is ethically questionable. To use an analogy: You walk on a publicly funded train (warzone), after purchasing a ticket (subscription fee) and get kicked off merely because the other passengers decide they don't like you, for whatever reason. Seem right to you?

If he's raging/afk then take a screenshot and report him. Eventually he will get banned. If he's just plain bad then there are steps that can be taken to create a cushion between good and bad players.

Self moderation in a gaming genre dominated by teenagers and immature adults is just asking for trouble.
Stating your opinion without explaining it with a rational argument doesn't make a good post. It makes a big pile of steaming dog poo.

Xinika
03.07.2012 , 03:52 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Haldern View Post
You are making the assumption that the people with the voting power would use it correctly; many people wouldn't.

Not to mention it is ethically questionable. To use an analogy: You walk on a publicly funded train (warzone), after purchasing a ticket (subscription fee) and get kicked off merely because the other passengers decide they don't like you, for whatever reason. Seem right to you?

If he's raging/afk then take a screenshot and report him. Eventually he will get banned. If he's just plain bad then there are steps that can be taken to create a cushion between good and bad players.

Self moderation in a gaming genre dominated by teenagers and immature adults is just asking for trouble.
This.10char
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

ntyzor
03.07.2012 , 04:00 AM | #8
It can't be abused if you are required at least 5 votes ( majority ) to kick someone.

Also getting a bad reputation for AFK'ing will screw you. So basically you have the problem cut down from root.

xaven_
03.07.2012 , 04:08 AM | #9
In a WZ I have no time for votes and chatting. I want to win and I do my best. Always. No matter how crappy the team or individuals are.

Haldern
03.07.2012 , 06:02 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ntyzor View Post
It can't be abused if you are required at least 5 votes ( majority ) to kick someone.
So there could never be a situation where 5/8 of the players could be complete bastards? Especially considering you can have 4/8 premade in a Warzone. You can pretty much rely on premade people voting as one.

I remember when the vote kick functionality was put in to WoW parties. People would press yes just because if someone was getting vote kicked "hey they must have done something wrong".

Not to mention, what happens when people start using it to make full premades? For example, you have a party of four join and notice that another guildie is in the same Warzone. They think: hey! lets kick everyone in the Warzone until we have three more of our guild mates in the ops group. People will do this, people have done this in other games and I have had to put up with it.
Stating your opinion without explaining it with a rational argument doesn't make a good post. It makes a big pile of steaming dog poo.