Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Horrid FPS

Ritsi
12.01.2012 , 08:29 AM | #791
Bump! A miracle had made the issues go away since early 2012, but after 1.4 I have FPS issues again
(increased latency too!)
Pls fix the FPS issues with this game already....

dvametragluposti
12.20.2012 , 03:42 AM | #792
As a returning founder, whose probably sole reason to unsub 2 months after the game launched, seeing that we are getting a new free to play (read advertisement) / buy cartel coins / subscribe and new "expansion" at the end of the year (khm fiscal year hello) while the very basic HeroEngine problems still persist methinks:

Better than the moon landing, moon walking, space free falling and big breasts together...

People should write and/or link these forum threads on other game news/review websites.

narcussist
01.04.2013 , 07:33 PM | #793
Bump

Character Selection Screen: 101FPS

Republic Fleet (crowded): 2-14fps

Black Hole (in fight): 10-16fps

Black Hole (out of fight): 23-26FPS with spikes to 63fps for a sec

In Game Settings to "Very Low"

Jedi Sent is my character, been doing these crap FPS for the last 2 weeks to me, and not enjoyable game experience, so I been just doing black hole dailies as I can. Would be nice is there was a way to turn off the special effects lighting as My FPS drop drastically to below 5FPS on most fights,

All other games on High settings and plays perfect.

Rig Specs:
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus 3.0GHz
Graphix: HIS AMD Radeon HD 6790 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 (crossfire setup, only able to use one for playability)
Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB DDR3 1066

dayhak
01.10.2013 , 03:51 AM | #794
Bump!

My FPS is perfect everywhere except on fleet at which point the game becomes near unplayable... My rig isn't the best on the market but certainly not a bad setup either... This is the first MMO I've played (Of which there has been many) that even with all settings on flow I deal with FPS issues... As stated i'm really only affected on fleet but really haven't bothered reporting it as customer service from EAWARE is beyond embarrasing

Side note, love this game! But seriously why do I still find bugs that I reported in beta? Collicoid flashpoint is a good example... Seriously?
The darkness in all of us is patient and generous; sometimes it consumes us. But in its strength lies weakness. One candle is enough to hold off the darkness... Love is more then a candle; love can ignite the stars

spectreclees
02.26.2013 , 03:15 AM | #795
Figured I'd bump this old thread. I had my issues fixed by someone who wasn't a bioware employee and I appreciate his help. Still, the game is still in bad shape. I'm on Alderaan right now and noticing my fps dropping to 30 fps in areas with nothing going on.

i5 2500k GeForce GTX 660

jediturbodude
02.26.2013 , 08:07 PM | #796
Not always the same case for everyone but multi-gpu support *IS* still broken. Broken with 1.4, partly resolved in 1.5 and BW think it's job done it seems. No, not by a long shot. How can it be that my system can be reduced to 20fps by this and ONLY this game. The weird thing is, not all CF and SLi owners are having the same problem. But even in windowed mode (ie no CF) the game still runs rather badly most of the time.

i7 2600k 4.2-5GHz (makes ZERO difference in this game at any speed)
16Gb RAM
8gb GPU (2x6990 CF. Using one or two and any speed makes ZERO difference)
SSD for games

I've done every driver known to man, just to humor myself and BW. Even going as far to use the drivers available when the game ran fine back in 1.3. Guess what? You guessed it, ZERO difference.
Hell this game works BETTER on the worse tech you have! Figure that one out...

OwenBrooks
02.27.2013 , 02:28 AM | #797
Did you try disabling desktop composition ? this can cause an issue for some in windowed mode.
It effectively applies vsynch whether you turn it on in game or not.

Mind it isnt applicable if playing in fullscreen as it is auto disabled in fullscreen.

DarkSives
02.27.2013 , 03:11 AM | #798
I have horrible FPS when I enter combat or go to the imperial fleet. Also I get quite a lot of lag on the planet Alderaan. I have an AMD HD 6870. I can turn the graphics settings to low or very high, it still does not make a difference.

Agasius
02.27.2013 , 09:13 AM | #799
OMG I can't believe this thread is still kicking!!!

Anyway 1 year ago when this game launched I was mad cause I couldn't enjoy it as much as I wanted (5-15 fps in WZs etc).

New computer solved the problem for me
I feel a great disturbance in the horse!

Darkatan
03.02.2013 , 02:09 PM | #800
Radeon 5700 HD series
4G Ram Corsair
Dual core I3 cpu Intel
Spoiler

Even at 800x600 and lowest graphics the fps makes the game unplayabe.

I realise that the more theres people on the server the more my fps goes down, like weekends fps is unplayable, on the other hand in week days at 4 in the morning, it is payable. fps not latency my latency is fine.

plz help ive been trying fixes all over gettin tired of this ****