Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Horrid FPS


Bhaers's Avatar


Bhaers
04.03.2012 , 10:53 PM | #501
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNotorius View Post
This game doesn't have memory leaks

I think that 3 gb of Ram used is fine...
You are aware that if you are using a 32 bit operating system that means you have well and truly run out of RAM and are now using the paging file, with the associated churning of your disk and poor video?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...e-51b0b7d0b82c

Gifloun's Avatar


Gifloun
04.04.2012 , 12:15 PM | #502
I unsubbed awhile ago not sure why they let me post still. Haha at BW not fixing their crap game..
TORTANIC!!
!!!!!ii‾δ‾‾Pך▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

DrillThrall's Avatar


DrillThrall
04.04.2012 , 12:54 PM | #503
I'm still in; there is plenty of good play value for me since I am no where near worrying about end-game issues. I'm willing to wait.
Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 model 086228 (HDD/SSD Hybrid)
Intel Core I7-2630QM 2.0G, 8GB DDR3 1333 RAM
Nvidia Optimus GeForce GT 555M

Spikespeigl's Avatar


Spikespeigl
04.04.2012 , 01:02 PM | #504
Quote: Originally Posted by Gifloun View Post
I unsubbed awhile ago not sure why they let me post still. Haha at BW not fixing their crap game..
TORTANIC!!
trust me when i say i was in the exact same boat as most of you but let me just say that my performance issues are all gone on the pts with 1.2 my game runs amazing on 1.2

After this latest patch from this week on the live servers my game also runs 10x better in warzones than it did before.

DrillThrall's Avatar


DrillThrall
04.04.2012 , 01:59 PM | #505
Quote: Originally Posted by Spikespeigl View Post
my performance issues are all gone on the pts with 1.2 my game runs amazing on 1.2
I still wonder if the population activity levels on the PTS are sufficient to properly load test the performance issues associated with crowding.
Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 model 086228 (HDD/SSD Hybrid)
Intel Core I7-2630QM 2.0G, 8GB DDR3 1333 RAM
Nvidia Optimus GeForce GT 555M

TheNotorius's Avatar


TheNotorius
04.04.2012 , 02:15 PM | #506
Quote: Originally Posted by Bhaers View Post
You are aware that if you are using a 32 bit operating system that means you have well and truly run out of RAM and are now using the paging file, with the associated churning of your disk and poor video?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...e-51b0b7d0b82c
I use windows 7 64bit of course, but the point is that 3 gb used is hilarious. It only happened once though.
Adlez - Operative
Notorios - Sith Marauder (50) (not used)
Adlezz - Jedi Sage (50) (not used)
Notorius - Jedi Guardian (50) (not used)

Nuriel's Avatar


Nuriel
04.04.2012 , 02:27 PM | #507
Quote: Originally Posted by DrillThrall View Post
I still wonder if the population activity levels on the PTS are sufficient to properly load test the performance issues associated with crowding.
well, we're about to see it, when 1.2 goes live, aren't we?

Spikespeigl's Avatar


Spikespeigl
04.04.2012 , 03:58 PM | #508
Quote: Originally Posted by DrillThrall View Post
I still wonder if the population activity levels on the PTS are sufficient to properly load test the performance issues associated with crowding.
That is a good point, but my server is one of the lowest pop servers and like i said its a noticble difference between 1.2 and live but only time will really tell.

Carousel_t's Avatar


Carousel_t
04.04.2012 , 06:39 PM | #509
Quote: Originally Posted by Spikespeigl View Post
trust me when i say i was in the exact same boat as most of you but let me just say that my performance issues are all gone on the pts with 1.2 my game runs amazing on 1.2

After this latest patch from this week on the live servers my game also runs 10x better in warzones than it did before.
and bw team is wondering haha ^^
random dev:"what the hell did we do to make it better??? james?"
james: "don't look at me, i was on hollidays.. anyone knows why performance has increased in 1.2?"
other random dev: "no idea man, but hey, wanna see me lighting my fart?"

Dealerius's Avatar


Dealerius
04.06.2012 , 11:10 AM | #510
Hi
Im playing on my notebook ( dual-core 2 ghz, Geforce 9500mgs 512mb , 4 gb ddr2 )
Im having all pc-boost programs, as well as i overclocked my grafic card about 20%.

Im having pretty fine FPS during world questing, even in most of FPs (20-25 FPS) which is like supergood for me. But in some types of areas, i notice massive FPS drop, even if there is no logical reason for the drop ( more complex area with lot of textures) and most significantly in PvP Warzones, when they made it unplayable for me - 10 FPS on average. Im not saying my computer is good for this game, but why is this happening? Is it just some bug to be repaired in 1.2 or is this permament?