Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Horrid FPS

reaperkeepet
03.06.2012 , 04:05 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DZacarias View Post
Yeah I can't remember the last time I completed a quest.. lol

I mostly pvp on my alt. I also have a lvl 50, but thats besides the point.
I can tell. Pretty much if you take a break in between WZs to do a Heroic that's all you need to get to 50. lol luv it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth Baras
The cake is a lie, there is only pie, through pie I gain calories, through calories I gain fat, through fat my belt is broken, the recliner shal free me...

Volatile
03.06.2012 , 04:16 PM | #22
Really starting to piss me off, my setup easily handles any game at high quality and high FPS (60+ minimum on any game) and in this game I am getting ~5 in warzones and ~15 on the IF.
when the f*** did we get ice cream.

Silarr
03.06.2012 , 05:40 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by dlaselle View Post
Never seen my FPS drop in PVP below 30. People are saying while in caves while Soling they are getting 15 or less.
My fps, on my laptop, when soloing is around (avg) 60+ v-sync off . PvP on the other hand is a funny story.Only my i5 2500k (haven't bothered OCing yet) is able to maintain a reasonable avg (>50) in WZs (although everything maxed). Finally Illum is a joke when big fights happens.

Who ever gets 15fps when soloing in this thread, has either a crappy machine or his client is misbehaving for uknown to him and us reasons or he probably is unlucky and has a combination of hardware for which the game is not optimized; of course there are known reasons (to the users, I don't think BW wants to hear about those) as in example bad optimization for ati cards and amd cpus...

I have to say you picked my curiosity and I would love a screenshot of Alderaan with a big fight going with your avg fps printed on it. (just for reference to other users, state your specs, too)
Laptops in general, even the so called gaming laptops, tend to be kinda slow compared to any descent gaming desktop and fps in WZs is heavily cpu dependent.
Wooooooooow.........
I am too one of the 5%

Zorrion
03.06.2012 , 09:05 PM | #24
Check CPU temps. It's CPU intensive not GPU

Satisfied Customer-----------------------------|-------Cancelling Accounts
U1dHRW11ISEh
Zorrion - Patch 10 Jedi
:::: Kyndig - NGE CM/BM :::: Ahazi

Gadzooks
03.06.2012 , 10:02 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorrion View Post
Check CPU temps. It's CPU intensive not GPU
CPU temp: 55 degrees
CPU Load: 44% (each core sits between 35-45 usually)

cpu intensive? not on my machine at least

DrillThrall
03.06.2012 , 10:20 PM | #26
I tried the Very Low shader setting, and it didn't make a difference.
Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 model 086228 (HDD/SSD Hybrid)
Intel Core I7-2630QM 2.0G, 8GB DDR3 1333 RAM
Nvidia Optimus GeForce GT 555M

Gadzooks
03.06.2012 , 10:27 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DrillThrall View Post
I tried the Very Low shader setting, and it didn't make a difference.
Zero improvement for me as well,

Shaders dont have anything to do with why Warzone performance is so bad.

Low Shaders only help the few people trying to run this game on TRS-80s

chrismank
03.06.2012 , 10:33 PM | #28
Well very low shader did it for me on my ****y asus laptop. I went from 15 fps in fleet to 40 and can finally play in my native resolution lol oh happy day. though my far clip scale is still manually turned down

MartyrLXXVII
03.06.2012 , 11:36 PM | #29
I've had the poor FPs in WZ and fleet from the start as well. When soloing I'm fine with max settings. So I started putting my setting to lowest before entering pvp, it might help by 3-4 fps, but that's meaningless when it's under 10 in civil war and about 15-20 in hutball/Vs.

Which gives me the first point... give us a freaking particle effects option, all the stupid *** turret lasers and explosions in Civil War are terrible for under peak machines.

But anyway my main comment is a new development. Now when I set my setting back to high to go quest some more some textures completely fuz out and any scene with a holoterminal, the holo is never displayed at all. I found if I change the AA from high to low then those textures that are issues are displayed properly and the holos are shown again.

This is an obvious sign of the engine corrupting, I have to reinstall no doubt to fix it, but I doubt if I'll continue playing after my sub is up so not gonna bother unless I resub.

But this is just pathetic that the engine is this problematic.

Gadzooks
03.06.2012 , 11:39 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by chrismank View Post
Well very low shader did it for me on my ****y asus laptop. I went from 15 fps in fleet to 40 and can finally play in my native resolution lol oh happy day. though my far clip scale is still manually turned down
Now try doing the alderan warzone, and come back and let us know what your average FPS is.