Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Predictions regarding the most popular crafting skill?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Predictions regarding the most popular crafting skill?

Demitries
12.13.2011 , 07:37 AM | #21
Hard to say at this point. Based on previous experience, gathering skills usually will rake in the most dough on the AH ... ahem, GTN. That would be bioanalysis, scavenging, archaeology and slicing. Too many people will probably go bio because they all know health pots, ahem, medkits and stims are going to be in high demand. However scavenging and slicing help in the flashpoints I've done so far, and they provide materials for upgrades. That's a quite a bit more in depth than just building blasters and armor.

Really hard to say at this point what's going to be popular and what isn't.

Fyresygn
12.13.2011 , 07:59 AM | #22
I have a feeling that it will be Biochem and Cybertech. I'm going Biochem because I feel like there are multiple ways to get gear in the game (so no Synthweaving for my Consular). Artifice is tempting because it makes a TON of stuff that is useful for all classes.

But, Biochem's re-useable items will save me tons of credits in the long run. So, Biochem for my main who will PvP and raid.

Ashnazg
12.13.2011 , 08:18 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by FeroxOptimus View Post
The numbers arent nearly that high but biochem does make some amazing stuff
They aren't?

Quote:
Use: Increases Endurance by 104 and Defense by 43 for 60 minutes. Only one stimpack can be active at a time.
http://www.torhead.com/schematic/4BV32ul

Kryptorchid
12.13.2011 , 08:24 AM | #24
Biochem will be the most prevalent for Min/Maxers and MMO vets (since it is really the only profession that sells "consumable" items). I am not sure if it will be the most used since you really only need 1 Biochemist in a guild.

If I had to bet, I think Artifice will since everyone and their mother will be making a Jedi/Sith.

Boissi
12.13.2011 , 08:33 AM | #25
I kinda want to take Cybertech as Sith Jugg. Armoring and mods should be great as a tank, plus all the other neat bonuses. I really don't see why non-force-users would gain more from it.

Trishot
12.13.2011 , 08:33 AM | #26
Cybertech, obviously, gadgets, grenades, and all the other bonuses like armouring/earpieces and such. Sounds like the Engineering profession in the game who may not be mentioned on these forums.

Kryptorchid
12.13.2011 , 08:35 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Boissi View Post
I kinda want to take Cybertech as Sith Jugg. Armoring and mods should be great as a tank, plus all the other neat bonuses. I really don't see why non-force-users would gain more from it.
Non-force users wouldn't. It is equally good for Force-users as it is for Non-force users.

Kourage
12.13.2011 , 08:35 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by revenantess View Post
Artifice, most people will play jedi/sith.
You don't have to level Artiface just because you play a force user. People can buy from other players.
It's all EA's fault. They're jealous. They're holding us back!

Apoxie
12.13.2011 , 08:37 AM | #29
I think cybertech will be good also, i believe some armor at high level will have empty slots to fill with mods (from cybertech)
General Beta Tester, waiting for launch in 3, 2, 1...

Othersider
12.13.2011 , 08:44 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by FeroxOptimus View Post
cybertech will make a FEW things that every class can use but is much more useful to non force users.
I'm curious how you came to this conclusion? From what I've read, Cybertechs make armoring/mods/earpieces that every single class in the game can use. What are the things that are much more useful to non-force users?

I'm not trying to be rude here, I honestly want to know.