Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Collectors edition vendor

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

saremun
02.19.2013 , 08:14 AM | #591
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
You must be new to the idea of false advertising. BW literally advertised that if we bought the CE we would get X items and a frequently updated store.

It's not like some small promise like the pulled starship customization or the housing on Coruscant and Dromund Kaas....this was a huge advertising campaign that made people buy the CE for the store...but got dirt and no updates. Learn your facts before going against a subject.
great, i like that BUT what can you do?

Alec_Fortescue
02.19.2013 , 12:06 PM | #592
Where are the updates? Why do they fail to communicate about the service we have purchased and not yet received?
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

Hakafu
02.19.2013 , 02:59 PM | #593
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Where are the updates? Why do they fail to communicate about the service we have purchased and not yet received?
They're in the crapper apparently at this point. Just unsub, and never purchase an EA or Bioware game again. Pisses me off that this is what I'm having to do, as I used to be a big Bioware fan, and I love Star Wars, but I'm not putting up with this anymore. It's nothing but a big FU to their customers, since they don't give a damn about us now that they have our money.

DakotaDoc
02.19.2013 , 03:45 PM | #594
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
You must be new to the idea of false advertising. BW literally advertised that if we bought the CE we would get X items and a frequently updated store.

It's not like some small promise like the pulled starship customization or the housing on Coruscant and Dromund Kaas....this was a huge advertising campaign that made people buy the CE for the store...but got dirt and no updates. Learn your facts before going against a subject.
I am a CE owner, but maybe not for me. But doesn't this have Class Action written all over it?
[█╣╣╣()╣╣▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ Fix Crafted Green Lightsabers
Bioware the community has declared shenanigans on the slot machine nerf.
Do you accept these charges of shenanigans?

ArsenalJaycen
02.19.2013 , 04:13 PM | #595
Quote: Originally Posted by DakotaDoc View Post
I am a CE owner, but maybe not for me. But doesn't this have Class Action written all over it?
I looked into legal action in the UK but got told only a US citizen could file a class action lawsuit in the US as EA / Bioware is a US company that a lawsuit could not be brought up in the UK.

So it is down to a CE holder in the US to bring forward a class action lawsuit.

Alec_Fortescue
02.19.2013 , 04:18 PM | #596
Quote: Originally Posted by Hakafu View Post
They're in the crapper apparently at this point. Just unsub, and never purchase an EA or Bioware game again. Pisses me off that this is what I'm having to do, as I used to be a big Bioware fan, and I love Star Wars, but I'm not putting up with this anymore. It's nothing but a big FU to their customers, since they don't give a damn about us now that they have our money.
But I am so much concerned about the fate of my Warden and Commander Shepard... :l
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

Ithilwen
02.19.2013 , 04:24 PM | #597
Quote: Originally Posted by ArsenalJaycen View Post
I looked into legal action in the UK but got told only a US citizen could file a class action lawsuit in the US as EA / Bioware is a US company that a lawsuit could not be brought up in the UK.

So it is down to a CE holder in the US to bring forward a class action lawsuit.
How much would that sort of thing cost?
Valkarah - Valania - Santiel
Dramorion - Onai - Ostana

CelCawdro
02.19.2013 , 04:54 PM | #598
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
But I am so much concerned about the fate of my Warden and Commander Shepard... :l
Thankfully, BioWare never plans to revisit either of those characters in any significant capacity. Frankly, I am sure that I would prefer the mystery to whatever is concocted for them next.

Ithilwen
02.19.2013 , 05:21 PM | #599
Maybe they could give us some Dragon 'style' armour, make it adaptive, and perhaps a couple of different styles, a set that looks more like heavy armour, as well as a set that looks more like light armour and a medium armour one... That would add a fair bit of diversity to the sets especially since people could mix and match peices for a look that they liked on their character
Valkarah - Valania - Santiel
Dramorion - Onai - Ostana

Cleet_Xia
02.19.2013 , 05:43 PM | #600
Attempting to use threats to obtain your goal from any company is the fastest way to guarantee that they refuse to cooperate.

Participating in a class action suit against EA/BW over the CE vender would be a violation of the EULA, and is grounds for EA/BW to cancel your account.

Discussing a class action suit against EA/BW on this forum is a violation of the TOS we agreed to in Nov-Dec, when they changed the forum rules.

~ Legally EA/BW are pretty ironclad against this type of suit in the US.

What is the point of getting an updated CE vender if your account got canceled in the process?

The only way the CE vender will get updated is BW/EA becomes focused on why it is there best interest to do so. I.E. What makes it worth the effort for BW/EA?

It is a sound business decision for them to update the vender.
1) It will help "clean up" part of the mistrust that CE owners have of EA/BW & work toward restoring their brand image.
2) It will help demonstrate to players the EA/BW commitment to subscribers.
3) It will bring back some of the early adopters who cancelled their sub months ago.

How will this help EA/BW meet their long term goals with SWTOR
1) It will boost future preorders of products like RotHC
2) It will boost subscription retention rates
3) f2p +CC purchase is good but sub +CC purchase is even better.

How can this improve the intellectual property for players
1) NPC armor shells create a consistent "look" throughout the game and improve immersion. Those shells being limited to CE holders prevents oversaturation of that "look" with too many similar players.
2) If older CE shells roll to the VIP vender ~ the VIP system becomes a persistent credit sink ~ as intended.
3) The gesture would increase player's perception of the long term viability of the game environment.

What are the costs of implementation
1) 2 armor sets per major game revision not listed in the CC shop (12 per year)
2) 1 pet " " (6 per year)
3) 1 mount " " (6 per year)

What risk of non-implementation
1) contribution to the hemorrhage of subscriptions
2) continued hemorrhage of brand equity amongst a group of premium customers with disposable income
3) devaluation of marketing efforts by negative 3rd party media

Example: - from 5 days ago
http://www.cracked.com/article_20283...#ixzz2LOIqekEj
Under list Item #3 ~ "every MMO has some form of internal currency: In World of Warcraft, it's gold; in Second Life, it's the Linden; and in Knights of the Old Republic, it's buyer's remorse."

~at the bottom of the same page these are the SWTOR banner adds which appear in rotation~
http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...56365622707495
http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...87510644649892
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~