Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Collectors edition vendor

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ZeroOneNine's Avatar


ZeroOneNine
02.11.2013 , 09:50 AM | #491
For those of you keeping track:
This comment #: 491
This page: #50

BioWare's only comment: #11
Response Page: #2

Comments since response: 480
Pages since response: 48

Call me crazy, but something tells me this issue might need a bit more attention...

jason_ralph's Avatar


jason_ralph
02.11.2013 , 10:37 AM | #492
Quote: Originally Posted by xorcist View Post
Trying to read your post, and I don't understand what it is you're saying. It's very confusing.
My mistake.
I said that I find the vendor not being updated a blessing in disguise. It's due to I don't mind purchasing whatever a developer puts on a store. I used DC Universe Online and World of Warcraft (two other MMO's I subscribe as an example). I mentioned this, because I spend a lot more there, than I do here (namely DC Universe Online). The primary, and only reason is because I don't see the point when I can't get what I paid for updated.
It was not issue for me, until I have watched how often the Cartel Market gets updated. If one can get regular updates, it leaves zero reason(s) why the other can not.
I also pointed out one of the biggest misconceptions I have read here on the forum regarding the vendor. In that, it gets forgotten that the vendor & updates were something that went hand in hand in the advertising and when it mentioned prior to launch. Meaning, the vendor & updates aren't mutually exclusive (independent) of one another.
(over heard on a bounty hunter's star ship)
"You took down the Mandalorian Killer?".
"Yep. Blasted him and the star ship he flew in on".

Desolaytore's Avatar


Desolaytore
02.11.2013 , 11:26 AM | #493
Still waiting...
"I hear them enter my domain, children unknowing. They will serve..." - The Infernal One
Lightning flashes of insight, Into the mirth of a dark sky,
Pain of division is nothing, Joy of dissolution is everything.

Cleet_Xia's Avatar


Cleet_Xia
02.11.2013 , 03:43 PM | #494
Quote: Originally Posted by Keight View Post
I'm not really surprised that the Cartel Market is getting updated almost every week. (The Sims 3 store is too) And yeah, part of me does think that what was released in the Cartel Market was meant for the Collector's Edition Store. But if they need the money that badly...

I'd rather get stiffed with the Collectors Edition Store and still get to play the game, then them having to shut down the servers. But that's just me.
(^.^)v
Updating the CE vender wouldn't effect their cost structure for this game. The cost of such an update isn't the issue here.

Armors
It wouldn't cost them much of anything to give CE owners access to a few more sets of armor. All the armor already on the CE venders is being worn by NPCs. Elsewhere on this forum there is a thread listing armors that were available to players during beta that are now unobtainable. Give CE holders a few of those. Or just attach the skins of some of the green/white pieces to modable shells and run with that.

All they have to do is pick some out & add them to the game as items that players can obtain through the CE vender. We don't even need the full sets ~ just the head, legs, & chest. Actually, I'd prefer it if they didn't clutter up the vender with gloves/belts/boots/bracers that I'm not going to purchase anyways. ~ I'll just color match those ~

What I'm saying is that the game files needed are already there for more CE armors ~ BW just won't take the time to update the CE vender.
~ It's NOT an issue of having to create new gear pieces from scratch, the graphics files are already there.
~ It's IS an issue of not having the ______ to do some Ctrl-C & Ctrl-V, when they've already been paid to do it.

Pets/Mounts
I don't think anybody was really expecting very many CE exclusive mounts. But if we were to get one with every major update - they're only behind by 4 - 5. How many mounts have come through the CC shop as drops in packs? How many of those sell for less than 100K on the GTN? Obviously most unique mounts are not that exciting to players. Maybe they're putting too much effort into recolors of mounts as it is?

How many pets? The pets are coming in multiple recolors from CC packs - just give the CE holders some exclusive recolors.... & /thread


I'm sure someone at BW or EA has said, "But if we give that stuff to CE holders they won't buy cartel packs! We gave them 1000 CC ~ that's good enough"

Well...
~Nobody is expecting them to put Revan's or Nihilus' mask in the CE shop.
~Nobody is expecting them to put the Kowakian Monkey Lizard in the CE shop.
~Nobody is expecting them to put the throne mounts in the CE shop.
~Nobody is expecting them to put white color crystals in the CE shop.
~Nobody is expecting them to put the special visual effect weapons in the CE shop.

& 1000 CC isn't anything compaired to what many people paid for the CE. CE holders would have been MUCH better off if they had just saved their CE money and bought CC with it. If they had given us enough CC to call it even, CE holders would have broken the secondary market for rares from the packs.
~ I understand why they couldn't give us more CC.
~ I DO NOT understand why they havn't updated the CE vender, it's just bad business.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
02.11.2013 , 04:22 PM | #495
Even armor from my thread would be grand to place it on the CE vendor

And I am expecting them to put special visuals weapon on the CE shop because that's what Ohlen said will be in there.

Darth-Rammstein's Avatar


Darth-Rammstein
02.11.2013 , 04:27 PM | #496
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
No one is asking for free items. We have already paid for them, just waiting for them to be delivered.
True, but to EA it may as well be free. It won't bring in any new revenue so they have little interest in bothering with it.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five ----> The Ebon Hawk
http://www.swtor.com/r/RC8V8V New and Old players welcome to use my referral for rewards, much appreciated.

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
02.11.2013 , 04:31 PM | #497
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
True, but to EA it may as well be free. It won't bring in any new revenue so they have little interest in bothering with it.
It's not free, we have paid for a service which is not being delivered.

Cleet_Xia's Avatar


Cleet_Xia
02.11.2013 , 05:50 PM | #498
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Even armor from my thread would be grand to place it on the CE vendor

And I am expecting them to put special visuals weapon on the CE shop because that's what Ohlen said will be in there.
Dude......link that sucker in here.

Yeah I read that too, but never believed it. I could see those kinds of things being added to the CE vender - just not as exclussives.

I don't see any of the rares from the CC packs ever being added to the CE vender, and honestly I don't think they really should be. The cash shop has been good for this game, I'm not going to deny that. And it's the rare drops that drive the pack purchases ~ there's no question about that.

I wasn't looking for ePeen out of the CE vender ~ there is no ePeen from buying CE vender or CC pack gear ~ I was looking for QoL improvements & unique appearance options.

I'm sure there are plenty of CE holders who have bought a LOT of the packs, and will keep right on buying them ~ even if the CE vender were updated. I don't think it would be a real benefit to those CE holders if there were not anything in the packs for them to gamble for. ~some people just like to gamble~

I'm also sure there are plenty of CE holders who have NOT bought a single pack, and will probably never buy one. Updating the CE vender will not make them any less likely to ever buy a pack. ~some people refuse to gamble~

*EDITED*
~ updating the CC shop & CE venders are NOT mutually exclusive. And they don't compete with each other, except for the little bit of time it would take a few dev to update the CE vender.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
02.11.2013 , 05:52 PM | #499
Quote: Originally Posted by Cleet_Xia View Post
Dude......link that sucker in here.

Yeah I read that too, but never believed it. I could see those kinds of things being added to the CE vender - just not as exclussives.

I don't see any of the rares from the CC packs ever being added to the CE vender, and honestly I don't think they really should be. The cash shop has been good for this game, I'm not going to deny that. And it's the rare drops that drive the pack purchases ~ there's no question about that.

I wasn't looking for ePeen out of the CE vender ~ there is no ePeen from buying CE vender or CC pack gear ~ I was looking for QoL improvements & unique appearance options.

I'm sure there are plenty of CE holders who have bought a LOT of the packs, and will keep right on buying them ~ even if the CE vender were updated. I don't think it would be a real benefit to those CE holders if there were not anything in the packs for them to gamble for. ~some people just like to gamble~

I'm also sure there are plenty of CE holders who have NOT bought a single pack, and will probably never buy one. Updating the CE vender will not make them any less likely to ever buy a pack. ~some people refuse to gamble~

~ updating the CC shop & CE venders are NOT mutually exclusive and don't have to compete with each other.
Link link ohmigod! Dunno where it is, look for other CE vendor threads >.> maybe it's even here. It's on youtube, he's answering questions on some e3 or pax or whatever.

CE vendor was supposed to get exclusive stuff so it would be nothing affecting the cm.

Cleet_Xia's Avatar


Cleet_Xia
02.11.2013 , 06:03 PM | #500
Do they honestly think that people who bought the "COLLECTORS" Edition are not going to collect the recolors of the same stuff they buy from the CE vender?
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~