Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Collectors edition vendor

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

althene
02.08.2013 , 12:53 PM | #451
Quote: Originally Posted by ArsenalJaycen View Post
**Update**

Here is a response I got from Trading Standards

I phoned my bank to find out what I have to do to claim back the money for "breach of service"
Sadly, your "nominal fee" for taking things to court pretty much covers the price you paid for the game to begin with, especially after gas, lunch and any other potential expenses for going to court that day. While it may give you some personal satisfaction to know you got your money back (despite having to burn it all to get it), the only real way to make EAWare understand how potentially important it is to some people is to somehow make it into a class action case. At that point, should the courts side with players, EAWare could potentially have to shell out the cost of the CE box to everyone who bought one plus potential legal fees incurred. It certainly won't break the bank for them, but it doesn't look good on the quarterly reports. And that just might.

hunterthesloth
02.08.2013 , 01:37 PM | #452
i would also like an update to the VIP area on the fleet
Imperial Entanglements
The Blackwalker Legacy
"...Your only hope for survival is complete and utter loyalty"
Its Star Wars not Ground Wars

ZionHalcyon
02.08.2013 , 01:45 PM | #453
Agreed.

Some exclusive crystals would be nice, or if you want an even better idea, how about this one:

Know how there are some exclusive "Event Only" items you can get during an event but not after?

Assign a credit value to them and load them up to the CE vendor after x amount of time after the event.

And make it all resellable - so that being a part of the VIP lounge gets you access to past event gear and allows you to resell.

Belacose
02.08.2013 , 05:13 PM | #454
Don't have the CE, but the ostrich-with-head-in-sand stance of BW/EA doesn't bode well for their credibility.

Cleet_Xia
02.08.2013 , 05:19 PM | #455
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post

Know how there are some exclusive "Event Only" items you can get during an event but not after?

Assign a credit value to them and load them up to the CE vendor after x amount of time after the event.

And make it all resellable - so that being a part of the VIP lounge gets you access to past event gear and allows you to resell.
no - No - & NO

The purpose of the CE isn't to give the CE holder a license to print credits & rake non-CE holders over the GTN coals. I can see putting some unique BoL items in the vender, or QoL improvements like the no CD quick travel & +exp consumables that are available through the CC market.

But mostly it's just for fluff,
that's what I expected,
that's what I want,
that's what I havn't received....
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

xorcist
02.08.2013 , 05:27 PM | #456
in addition, there must be updates of "fluff" regularly. That means every time the CM is updated. so should the CE vendor. Not once every 12 months, or even once every 6 months. More frequently than that.
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

Cleet_Xia
02.08.2013 , 05:41 PM | #457
I was expecting it to be updated with each major patch. But we didn't get updates with 1.3,1.4,1.5, or 1.6.

So right now they are 4 updates behind as far as I'm concerned. I was expecting the mounts, pets, & modable armors to be replaced with each major patch and become exclusive ~ as an ongoing incentive for people to continue purchasing the CE. I'd bet the retailers of the CE were expecting that as well.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

cashogy_reborn
02.08.2013 , 05:57 PM | #458
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Yes.
basically a year later and no updates to the collectors edition vendor.

awesome
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Foghammer
02.08.2013 , 06:35 PM | #459
look i had Ce and i agree vendor is meant not for game barkers but fun stuff hell the armor suit is cool but i love see some other thing more skins hell a nice look weapon model that only in ce vendor its not too much ask for
jawas are our masters, jawa are cool, and i want one and twillic slave girl dancer

Desolaytore
02.08.2013 , 07:51 PM | #460
Quote: Originally Posted by xorcist View Post
in addition, there must be updates of "fluff" regularly. That means every time the CM is updated. so should the CE vendor. Not once every 12 months, or even once every 6 months. More frequently than that.
Agreed! Also agree with everyone else... VIP area needs a revamp/buff.
"I hear them enter my domain, children unknowing. They will serve..." - The Infernal One
Lightning flashes of insight, Into the mirth of a dark sky,
Pain of division is nothing, Joy of dissolution is everything.