Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Collectors edition vendor

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Eillack
03.15.2013 , 06:12 AM | #1031
Quote: Originally Posted by Risq View Post
Maybe I'm wrong, but when the pre-order was up for me, and everyone had the option to buy it, it was:

Collectors Edition: $149.99
Digital Edition: $79.99
Standard: $59.99
(edit: fix prices and add this link: Price breakdown of preorders)

Now for slightly "more" than double the price of the standard edition for us "pre-order" people the players got .............. an extra smile from the Dev team for a year when they were told that playing double the standard price got them access to a special vendor.

I'm just surprised that it's taken an entire year for folks to get upset at the colossal shell game that took place for their money.
This is is over a year old so....

======================================

And the Cartel ....errr I mean the new alledged collector's eyepiece...is broken. It does not even cover the eye at all. It goes over one's cheeck and your eye is visable.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

JediMB
03.15.2013 , 06:28 AM | #1032
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
And the Cartel ....errr I mean the new alledged collector's eyepiece...is broken. It does not even cover the eye at all. It goes over one's cheeck and your eye is visable.
Yeah, I was sort of interested in getting it for one of my characters, until I realized it looks dumb because it doesn't really cover the eye.

If they fix that, and maybe make it somewhat transparent, I'll buy one.
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.

Risq
03.15.2013 , 06:34 AM | #1033
This is is over a year old so....

======================================

True, wasn't that kinda the point? Over a year ago folks paid double for something that never happened?
||||||||||||()▓]▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ )
Squadrons: 367 238 xx

Eillack
03.15.2013 , 06:44 AM | #1034
True, wasn't that kinda the point? Over a year ago folks paid double for something that never happened?
I was replying to the part of your post that said no one got annoyed until a year later, when infact it was much sooner.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Invulon
03.15.2013 , 10:17 AM | #1035
Well what I recently noticed is this new faction Contraband Resale Corporation actually has a set called

BK-O Combustion Set

Except Head and Chest pieces its recolored version of Imperial Trooper Armor. Just another way to make having collector edition even less special.
INVULON THE CIRCLE
EMPIRE OPERATION GUILD | OFFICER

Desolaytore
03.15.2013 , 03:30 PM | #1036
Very nice... a year long wait for a broken reskinned item. .___.

Where is that Eric when you need him...
"I hear them enter my domain, children unknowing. They will serve..." - The Infernal One
Lightning flashes of insight, Into the mirth of a dark sky,
Pain of division is nothing, Joy of dissolution is everything.

Cleet_Xia
03.15.2013 , 05:28 PM | #1037
Maybe I'm wrong, but when the pre-order was up for me, and everyone had the option to buy it, it was:

Collectors Edition: $149.99
Digital Edition: $79.99
Standard: $59.99
(edit: fix prices and add this link: Price breakdown of preorders)

Now for slightly "more" than double the price of the standard edition for us "pre-order" people the players got .............. an extra smile from the Dev team for a year when they were told that playing double the standard price got them access to a special vendor.

I'm just surprised that it's taken an entire year for folks to get upset at the colossal shell game that took place for their money.
In my defense, I really don't know how much the CE cost before early access ~ because I passed on early access, and decided to watch the forums instead during that time. When I bought my copy for $60 - the same place was selling the CE for $120. But based on what I had read in the forums, after the game launched, and I knew for sure it wasn't worth the extra money to me.

I was replying to the part of your post that said no one got annoyed until a year later, when infact it was much sooner.
Hate threads about the CE vender started pouring onto the forums the first day of early access. And BW was deleting them for violating forum rules just as fast. The level of rage was pretty insane, people were completely unconcerned that they would be perma-banned from the forums, and that went on for 2 months.

There were a lot of people who bought the game and cancelled their sub before their free month was up. ~you learned to not waste your time helping noobish players, because chances were they wouldn't stick around anyway. If you didn't see a friended player for 7 days, 90% of the time you never saw them again.

If anything CE buyers were probably more likely to quit before anyone else, because they had spent more, and had more to be angry about. ~ that's why I have been saying that the vender didn't get used as much as BW expected it to be.

The stalwart CE holders who stuck it out long enough for the first update ~ just had their hopes crushed. And I wouldn't have blamed any CE holder that hoped BW would update the vender for unsubbing at that point. ~it was after this update that I received my CE as a gift. This was the same update that caused BW to lose so many subs that they stopped releasing their subscription numbers. Players were dropping like flies, and everytime you logged in you wondered who had quit. guildchat became a news blotter of who quit today, everyday. ~I only have 1 player left on my friends list from before it. We were both members of a guild that once had over 200 members. I only know of one other player from that guild who might still be playing.

I would not be the least bit surprised if the overwhelming majority of CE holders that are currently subbed are not players like myself who got the CE on the cheap after the "SWTOR:The Apocalypse" patch.

Quote: Originally Posted by Invulon View Post
Well what I recently noticed is this new faction Contraband Resale Corporation actually has a set called

BK-O Combustion Set

Except Head and Chest pieces its recolored version of Imperial Trooper Armor. Just another way to make having collector edition even less special.
To be accurate, the gloves/boots/legs of the Imperial Trooper Armor are just recolors of some very common heavy armor gear for Troopers and Bounty Hunters. Those pieces never were uncommon in shape, just uncommon in color ~ and that was one of the problems with the CE vender to start with,

The color matching system made the boots/gloves completely irrelevant, but it also made the Helmet just wicked cool for BH toons.

But to be fair - I'm not sure that before the BK-O set there was any other way to get the legs that cover the back of the left leg on the Imperial side. ~ it just wasn't a difference that many players appreciated.

Another other HUGE problem was that there wasn't any such thing as adaptive gear. So the gear just didn't have much utility for a lot of classes and AC's. You had to be the correct gender in the case of the dancers outfits. And a heavy armor wearer for the other sets.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

Desolaytore
03.16.2013 , 04:12 AM | #1038
So yeah... still waiting for a new non-reskinned item.
"I hear them enter my domain, children unknowing. They will serve..." - The Infernal One
Lightning flashes of insight, Into the mirth of a dark sky,
Pain of division is nothing, Joy of dissolution is everything.

Alec_Fortescue
03.18.2013 , 03:56 PM | #1039
So guys... Do you think we might get surprised tomorrow?
Sig removed so Bioware adds "them" faster. kthxbai.

Jacen_Starsolo
03.18.2013 , 04:00 PM | #1040
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
So guys... Do you think we might get surprised tomorrow?
No. We got what Eric was referring to last week. I doubt they would put something there 2 updates in a row.