Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Collectors edition vendor

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Eillack
03.13.2013 , 06:13 AM | #1001
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
This one item was just pretty much a reminder that they haven't forgotten about that vendor. They say they are thinking about giving more stuff. I'd just suggest lowering your expectation for next time, maybe you won't feel so betrayed then. I'm personally just glad that the vendor is still exclusive and not public, so any extra stuff in there, no matter how minor and / or ugly is still nice to me. Of course I could also cry how I didn't get a new pet, like I wanted, but if I'm gonna cry about anything I'd rather cry about cash-only reputation.
So as I said, DON'T expect anything cool, will save you the disappointment. And if it will somehow turn out to be cool, then you will be even more happy.
You need to get your head out of your *** and not step in randomly on a topic before giving an attempt on posting about it with no previous knownledge.

EAware has admitted that they forgot about the CE vendor and trying to slap us in the face with the copy + paste from the advertisement that tricked everyone is nothing to say "oh look they care." They already failed because this clippy as hell, one color, 100,000cr DBZ-look-alike gear is NOT unique already.

My expectations on this whole game have been lower than any other I've ever played - it's not my fault that somehow EAware goes beneath that regularly.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

CelCawdro
03.13.2013 , 06:26 AM | #1002
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
I think it was after the Taunta, when Ohlen was talking about CE vendor on PAX last year. It's all on youtube.
It was actually pre-launch, shortly after the CE was announced and people were asking what the vendor was about before they laid down their cold, hard cash on it.

It was a marketing tactic that directly influenced purchasing decisions at the time of the pre-order and beyond, and that makes it even more important that BioWare makes good on this.

Eillack
03.13.2013 , 06:30 AM | #1003
Quote: Originally Posted by CelCawdro View Post
It was actually pre-launch, shortly after the CE was announced and people were asking what the vendor was about before they laid down their cold, hard cash on it.

It was a marketing tactic that directly influenced purchasing decisions at the time of the pre-order and beyond, and that makes it even more important that BioWare makes good on this.
^ This.

But prepare for people to defend EAware and say we are the ones at fault.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Dimitris_otor
03.13.2013 , 06:33 AM | #1004
i must say I'm disappointed wit this update to the CE store if we had gotten the transparent speeder that came in the new "Cartel market" it would have been great, but i must say this is the ugliest thing i have seen in a long time, i almost wish we didnt get anything in stead of this, a "Puff Gnarl" pet looks pretty good right about now

Vandicus
03.13.2013 , 06:35 AM | #1005
Quote: Originally Posted by Desolaytore View Post
The ONLY way this thread will end is when we see a regular updates and that is all. It was never about what items we got, just as long as vendor keeps getting "REGULAR" updates.
Depends on the person it seems, some people seem to care specifically about the items being truely unique. I think we should get around to identifying some items that we feel are desirable, and decide if we'd be cool with getting reskins of CM items in exchange for a higher quantity of updates.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

CelCawdro
03.13.2013 , 07:04 AM | #1006
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
Depends on the person it seems, some people seem to care specifically about the items being truely unique. I think we should get around to identifying some items that we feel are desirable, and decide if we'd be cool with getting reskins of CM items in exchange for a higher quantity of updates.
Personally, as long as it's updated as regularly as the Cartel Market, I'd be sated. Doesn't need the volume, but the regularity is a necessity. That being said, the store was marketed as having weapons and armour that would differentiate us from other players as we level, and that it would update "dynamically."

Jacen_Starsolo
03.13.2013 , 07:47 AM | #1007
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Some people don't want to use the Security Keys because they have been known to cause issues and are not easily removable from an account once applied.

They remove them pretty easy now. They didn't when first released but by September when I had to do it, easy as a phone call. The hard part was the wait time if you call during an update or whatever to flood the lines. But if you call on a slow day, it's a call less than 5 minutes.

Alec_Fortescue
03.13.2013 , 08:23 AM | #1008
Quote: Originally Posted by CelCawdro View Post

Sure there is a video back down in the thread which I could track
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

Atris' robes are great. But how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

03.13.2013 , 08:51 AM | #1009
In response to thread:

25 Feb 2012

Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Yes.
28 Feb 2013

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

I just brought this back to the development team to get some clarification. One thing I can say is you will see something added into the CE vendor in Game Update 1.7.2, so look for it.

I cannot go into any details but I can say that we are exploring different ideas on how to give more consistent and regular updates to the CE vendor going forward. Again I cannot go into any details and these plans are not finalized, but we have definitely not forgotten about the vendor!

-eric
I like Eric.

veyl
03.13.2013 , 09:49 AM | #1010
Eric is good people for the amount of contact that he has with this community... something that it should've had a year and a half ago and I hope it keeps up.

The people making the choice to flood the CM vendor/store with items and not putting anything on the CE vendor are the ones we don't like. The fact that there is a reputation vendor filled with unique items that is only obtainable through CM packs, is a slap in the face to every CE owner who was promised a vendor just like that at the beginning. We have gotten 2 updates (3 if you count the gear on the vendor being changed from light to adaptive) in a year.

Bioware most certainly doesn't care nor do they care to respond with a public apology for their choice to CONTINUE to ignore what was advertised and profited from. (the CE sale)