Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR is too hard for me

Gorrillazz
02.24.2012 , 03:47 AM | #11
heyo

a few tips (things i used when fighting bosses, pretty simple things)

- make sure u have the correct companion

- make sure ur best dps/CC abilities are off CD

- make sure you have full health/force,ammo etc

- use stimpacks/adrenals etc

- make sure the boss you are fighting is within your lvl range

for me personally, i never had an issue with the majority of the bosses (just the ones that spawned loads of adds)

if you are still having problems with a boss check your class forums, see if anyone else is having a problem with a particular boss, see what tactics they used

ArmchairMagpie
02.24.2012 , 03:49 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by swcfrost View Post
Most of the time I am equal to the NPC's level or higher and have all the abilities available and I always have a companion with me. Some bosses I can't even get their health down to half and sometimes I have to die multiple times to defeat a group of enemies that comprises of a boss.
If they are at your level then you should be *easily* capable of beating them.

Which companion, what is your class?

What about my other questions?

Like are you aware of the different abilities? Do you prefer to interrupt full auto or grav
rounds?

What are your strategies? If you see a boss and multiple companies, are you:
- attacking boss first and leave the adds for the cleanup
or
- attacking the adds first and leave the boss to solely focus on with your main abilities?

You definitely must be doing something wrong otherwise your problem would be epidemic.

Bloodstealer
02.24.2012 , 03:49 AM | #13
Ok.. I see where you attempted to humour all us Forumites there...

The only Bosses I remotely have any issues with are World Bosses.. which are'nt supposed to be soloed unless you hitting the dizzy 50 parralels... (yes I have seen a lvl 50 take out a few World Bosses now so even that is achievable, like everything else when you rreach an appropriate lvl of skills and expertise in which to do it.

If your adamant you want your lvl 11 gunslinger to take on the world boss on Corruscant etc.. then expect to be 1 hit time and time again.... no mateer how well decked out you are for your lvl.. it simply isn't going to happen.. even a team of 4 lvl 11-15 are gunna get spanked.. so you either get hand held through them with nsome largely over lvled toons or.. be patient and grow.

If your talking about heroics/then again, you may simply be a little under lvl for them ... its nice to challenge yourself for sure, but remember the game, although probably 70% soloable, has areas of the game designed to almost force you to go grp up unl;ess you once again go 9+ lvls over the quest lvl and treat it as a loot walk thro... that to me is no fun tho.

If on the other hand your are struggling to eliminate your story line quest bosses.... it maybe be time for some hard facts... give up and go play WoW or Lord of the Banannas or if you can afford it, find a rich scientist somewhere in the world and ask them nicely to attach some shiny new cybernetic implants into you... THEN YOU'LL BE BACK !
The Chaotic Misfits Guild.
Death or Glory - It's all just a game to me!

Referral Link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Mf4BzX

HexHammer
02.24.2012 , 03:50 AM | #14
It's about getting good gear consistenly, by doing HC's on the planet, and upgrade your gear after the planet run, do some PVP and get the orange gear should you fail getting it in Flashpoints.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rJ_JLb2cHE how space combat should be!

MashTactics
02.24.2012 , 03:50 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Bloodstealer View Post
Ok.. I see where you attempted to humour all us Forumites there...

The only Bosses I remotely have any issues with are World Bosses.. which are'nt supposed to be soloed unless you hitting the dizzy 50 parralels... (yes I have seen a lvl 50 take out a few World Bosses now so even that is achievable, like everything else when you rreach an appropriate lvl of skills and expertise in which to do it.

If your adamant you want your lvl 11 gunslinger to take on the world boss on Corruscant etc.. then expect to be 1 hit time and time again.... no mateer how well decked out you are for your lvl.. it simply isn't going to happen.. even a team of 4 lvl 11-15 are gunna get spanked.. so you either get hand held through them with nsome largely over lvled toons or.. be patient and grow.

If your talking about heroics/then again, you may simply be a little under lvl for them ... its nice to challenge yourself for sure, but remember the game, although probably 70% soloable, has areas of the game designed to almost force you to go grp up unl;ess you once again go 9+ lvls over the quest lvl and treat it as a loot walk thro... that to me is no fun tho.

If on the other hand your are struggling to eliminate your story line quest bosses.... it maybe be time for some hard facts... give up and go play WoW or Lord of the Banannas or if you can afford it, find a rich scientist somewhere in the world and ask them nicely to attach some shiny new cybernetic implants into you... THEN YOU'LL BE BACK !
You can solo flashpoints and operations?

ASTOUNDING!

swcfrost
02.24.2012 , 03:51 AM | #16
Thank you everyone for help.

Romiz
02.24.2012 , 03:52 AM | #17
Sounds like you are not keeping your skills updated. Goto the class trainer.

That or you are not keeping your weapons and armor updated.

jedip_enguin
02.24.2012 , 03:53 AM | #18
I cant even offer a possible explanation for this outside of.

1. Being under leveled (OP says he's not)

2. Horrible use of abilities (I mean really really horrible, most class story bosses can be killed by mashing hammer shot)

3. Massive under gearing (and I mean MASSIVE)

A bit of info on your gear/spec and rotation would be good.
Click my link please, I'm almost out of Cartel coins - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

Jordgubben
02.24.2012 , 03:55 AM | #19
Lots of great attitude towards a beginner here. To OP, dont let the ******s put you off, there are loads of cool and nice people ingame.

Erevan_Kindelar
02.24.2012 , 04:00 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by swcfrost View Post
Most of the time I am equal to the NPC's level or higher and have all the abilities available and I always have a companion with me. Some bosses I can't even get their health down to half and sometimes I have to die multiple times to defeat a group of enemies that comprises of a boss.
Without knowing the specifics of your classes, which companions you are using, which boss fight it isand so on, it is difficult to give any specific advice. Each boss fight is slightly different, and while I and most of the forum lurkers are able to solo the bosses with ease, that often comes from either being 2-4 levels ahead of the boss so we can use a generic set of tactics, or knowing the specific mechanics of that boss fight.

A couple of things, to emphasise messages already on the thread - make sure you and your companion have reasonable gear for your level, and that you are fully healed and with your class buff up before you start. Also, you can still win the fight if your companion is defeated, but if you are defeated your companion will stop fighting.

When fighting Strong/Elite/Champion mob groups, if you have a CC (crowd control) spell like a stun, use that on the strongest mob in the group. Concentrate on taking down the lower level mobs first, and tackle the tougher enemies last. In most cases, the boss is a solo mob, so if you pull him while you are fighting something else, either you or your companion probably hit him with an area-of-effect ability while fighting something else.
I am telling the truth, honestly! I am as honest as the day is long! Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving.
Like most other subs, I have a Referral Link. Clicking it gets you some stuff, and me some stuff too.