Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR is too hard for me

swcfrost
02.24.2012 , 03:34 AM | #1
All of my bosses (especially story mission bosses) are way too difficult to defeat for me and I often have to ask people for help. I have tried a few classes out and for all of them it is the same problem. Shouldn't people who want to play the game mostly by themselves be able to defeat bosses alone? Does anyone else have this problem?

Emeda
02.24.2012 , 03:39 AM | #2
I really hope your joking. Most of the bosses you fight in your class quests are easy for someone to just tank and spank. There are a few that make you actually do a little work but every class quest boss is soloable in quest/looted gear.

Champions can be soloed so killing an elite is a joke.
If this game is so great then why do so many people that love the game spend all their time in the forums?

CeruleanNite
02.24.2012 , 03:41 AM | #3
I am not sure if you are trolling or what.

Really, you cant beat any of the bosses on any of the characters you tried?

Now before I call BS, tell me. What level are you and what level is the boss?

What planet/planets are you on with these fights?

Do you have a companion when you are having these fights?

If you are not trolling then I am really shocked as with the exception of 1 level 47 boss on Voss I have had little to no trouble beating any of them.

Cormey
02.24.2012 , 03:41 AM | #4
I had the same issue for a while.

You will want to check out your class forums, try a few of the builds there. Also maybe change up your companions, this helped me a whole lot.
Syff, Suder, Lieutenant Lonn, Captain Maureen.
Tassitan, Darth Vandicus, Agent Cormoran, Marin.
Blazerunner legacy, Lord Adraas server

The sees all

demonskies
02.24.2012 , 03:42 AM | #5
are you interupting? interupts make almost every class boss a joke. also make sure your as close to the level of the quest as possible. another thing you might want to do is get better gear for your companion. just some helpful options. class quests shouldnt be that hard. I know a few times on my toons I took a death on a class boss then looked at the fight and realized i stood in some aoe he had but didnt see it or there was something to interrupt and i missed it.
Callisto/50/Bodyguard Mercenary
Decimate/50/Annihilation Marauder

Evertal
02.24.2012 , 03:42 AM | #6
Not everyone is born 733t-killers so show the OP some respect.

My suggestion is that you take a look at your spec and your gear and see how you can improve there. also important to match your spec with your companion. If for example you are tank specced then use a healing (or DPS) companion if you are DPS use a tank (or heal) companion and if you are heal specced use a DPS (or tank) companion.

Alexbeav
02.24.2012 , 03:43 AM | #7
Perhaps you're using the wrong companion. Bosses are meant to be soloed, but for most of the game that means with a companion (same reason why heroic+2, need 2 people + their companions to handle).

If you're playing a tank-specced character, try using a healer companion (with his own attack skills disabled so he focuses on healing you). If you're a DPS character or healer, and the boss is hitting you hard, try using a tank companion and blowing your cooldowns to DPS him down before he kills your companion. Likewise, if you're a healer/DPS and the mob/boss is not hitting you very hard, bring out a DPS companion (if healer) or a healer companion (if you're DPS) to keep you up and kill the mob.

Just try combinations out until you get it right Trust me, they ARE soloable by 1 person.

As a Sith warrior Tank, I used Quinn (healer) throughout my story (as soon as I got him), and had minimal problems.
Mature PvE Guild - Frostclaw EU

ArmchairMagpie
02.24.2012 , 03:43 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by swcfrost View Post
All of my bosses (especially story mission bosses) are way too difficult to defeat for me and I often have to ask people for help. I have tried a few classes out and for all of them it is the same problem. Shouldn't people who want to play the game mostly by themselves be able to defeat bosses alone? Does anyone else have this problem?
You are assuming that because it's hard for it means it's hard for everyone. I've levelled 2 toons to 50 so far and never needed any help, even so I solo'd heroics and champions with them.

So I am asking: Can you give an example for why you think they are too hard? Are you using interrupts, medipacs and stims? Are you situationally aware of your position and surroundings like being aware that that you don't have to stand in the fire, that you can keep a 4 m distance to a mob in melee? Are you chosing the correct companion? Are you underlevelling or outlevelling bosses? How's your gear - are you using the correct attribute i.e. no strength on a sniper, no aim on a marauder?

I know this is alot things asked but I think most difficulties are self-created - either through negligence, impatience or ignorance.

swcfrost
02.24.2012 , 03:44 AM | #9
Most of the time I am equal to the NPC's level or higher and have all the abilities available and I always have a companion with me. Some bosses I can't even get their health down to half and sometimes I have to die multiple times to defeat a group of enemies that comprises of a boss.

MashTactics
02.24.2012 , 03:45 AM | #10
All class quests are soloable.

If you cannot solo them, it means you are doing something wrong.

Hate the player, not the game.