Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Targeting For healing

Croba
12.15.2011 , 11:10 PM | #1
I find the targeting for healers to be annoying, the fact that you cant assist through your tank and dps through them, you have to f1/f2/f3/f4 through the group, then turn and target the next mob, takes a ton of time away from being to throw some damage out and readjust to targeting someone to heal. Assist targeting would make a huge difference for healing in instances.
Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

Caelrie
12.16.2011 , 03:29 AM | #2
We can only hope the addon/macro API Bioware is writing as we speak gives us a lot more options.

ScytheNoire
12.16.2011 , 04:19 AM | #3
This is one of many problems facing the game right now. The UI, especially for healers, is horrible. Hopefully a fix will be coming.

A game should not be made more challenging by having a bad and limiting UI. That's not the proper way to make it harder.

Namnbrist
12.16.2011 , 04:21 AM | #4
How hard can it be whit only 4 players?

Shlamorel
12.16.2011 , 04:23 AM | #5
Yes, there are a plethora of problems facing us healers right now involving targeting, health bars not updating, UI, etc.

Please make this a high priority BW.

Knyfe
12.16.2011 , 04:28 AM | #6
Everything said in this thread is spot on. It is INCREDIBLY annoying to have no click on the actual toon whilst in a warfront to be able to heal.

Raid frame health bars are just not updating in sync with actual healthbars, making it extremely annoying to heal and switching between targets.

I hope BioWare sorts this out soon. It's the only thing dragging down the gaming experience right now. Other than that I'm having loads of fun. =)

Wargan
12.16.2011 , 04:44 AM | #7
I can't agree more.

As you mention, the fact that raid and party frames are bugging out half the time in Flashpoints and Warzones makes clicking on players the only option for me.

And when has that ever been effective?

Unago
12.16.2011 , 04:48 AM | #8
I don't have the problem that the bars aren't updating, even though one of my guildies is having that issue, but I do agree that we need some sort of mouseover or better targeting system for healers .
While I am here complaining, we also need the ability to make the debuffs bigger or separate from the buffs. Anyone remember Athiss the last boss with the debuff... It's really hard to see when someone has the debuff.

Sylvan
12.16.2011 , 04:51 AM | #9
I don't see the problem.

Raid frames, or even just regular group bars are updating fine for me, and it's not exactly hard in a 4 person group to see who is getting hit. You should know before they get hit who is about to get hit, that is what a good healer does.

As a consular sage, my best heals take a few seconds to land, so I have to be prepared and time things so my team don't lose alot of heal before i can actually heal em.

General rule of healing. If a team member gets his once, and their health drops a small bit, start to heal them as they are going to get hit again right away.

Works for me.
Jen'doon............Harkal Moravian

Shlamorel
12.16.2011 , 04:53 AM | #10
Consider yourself lucky, sir! 100% of my issues in SWTOR right now would be solved right now if the health bars were updating correctly for me. This is a huge burden in PvP.