Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mara Jade

Lurkz
02.22.2012 , 03:41 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Dar-Ell View Post
Chewie's death, was awesome and poignent and did shatter the "hero's are immune to death" shield that was around the characters. Anakin Solo's death was a hero dying to save his friends (I still think there could have been a way around it, but hey).

Spoiler

Just my ideas *shrug*
Agreed. Though, on the Jaina front, they'd already done her "brush with the dark side" thing so it would have seemed equally silly for her to suddenly fall. Personally, by that point, I don't think it was really necessary for anyone from that generation to completely fall to the dark side.

But yes, as for Mara, Tim Zahn should have definitely been consulted and given the opportunity to kill off the character he created. Especially given that his portrayal of her is what made her such an awesome and popular character. Not anyone else's, and esp. not KT's.

priest
02.22.2012 , 04:23 PM | #22
I'm just not a fan of this whole dystopian future we're headed to with the NJO and following stories.
╬╬█]∎⌉()[█][\▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╬┌ị∈-⋂Dị ∃ị└∈▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

westraz
02.22.2012 , 04:30 PM | #23
logic, you cant kill a kid, not aggen! you cant kill Luke, you can't kill Jana as we cant lose both twins "you most kill the one you love" who that live I give you a hint ^^
I have bad spelling do to my being learning disabled , the is just so I do not get asked "why are you spelling so bad?" and I don't wont to have to get asked 100 times, and is in NO way meant to hurt any one feelings after all.. IT is about me!

priest
02.22.2012 , 04:34 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by westraz View Post
logic, you cant kill a kid, not aggen! you cant kill Luke, you can't kill Jana as we cant lose both twins "you most kill the one you love" who that live I give you a hint ^^
I don't know why anyone needs to be 'killed' anyway. It hasn't refreshed the ip...it has just made it sound like the other bad neo-existentialist fiction out there. If I wanted to read Hunger Games...I would.
╬╬█]∎⌉()[█][\▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╬┌ị∈-⋂Dị ∃ị└∈▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Tuscad
02.22.2012 , 05:09 PM | #25
George Lucas made it to where Anakin Solo was killed off, he didn't want people to get Anakin Solo confused with Anakin Skywalker.............
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

smartalectwo
02.22.2012 , 05:28 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
George Lucas made it to where Anakin Solo was killed off, he didn't want people to get Anakin Solo confused with Anakin Skywalker.............
You would have thought the obvious way to differentiate them would be to have one of them alive and one of them dead.
There is no try.

Lurkz
02.22.2012 , 05:51 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by smartalectwo View Post
You would have thought the obvious way to differentiate them would be to have one of them alive and one of them dead.
Too much logic there, we can't have that.

ErikModi
02.22.2012 , 06:00 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Lurkz View Post
Too much logic there, we can't have that.
Well. . . I recall reading a story by a guy who worked at a bookstore. He was ringing up a customer who was buying the Lord of the Rings books, and the customer asked "So, is Gandalf supposed to be based on Dumbledore?"

True story.
Jedi vs. Sith, Page 97, column 2, paragraph 4, line 1:

Prior to the Battle of Ruusan, the Jedi used crystals from many different sources, and ignited lightsabers in every known hue, including purple, orange, and gold.

Lurkz
02.22.2012 , 06:02 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by ErikModi View Post
Well. . . I recall reading a story by a guy who worked at a bookstore. He was ringing up a customer who was buying the Lord of the Rings books, and the customer asked "So, is Gandalf supposed to be based on Dumbledore?"

True story.
That... makes me sad on so many levels.

mefit
02.22.2012 , 06:23 PM | #30
I am starting to think StarWar Hardcore fans are nutz .

Mara died because it was the best way to hurt Luke by his own nephew ! Characters die and so do real people , life goes on ! Happen StarWars is not much like DC or Marvel or everyone who died would eventually rise again .

Eventually Luke will die , be happy that hasn't happen yet or the Luke fans would go into a rampage destroying their parents house from the basements !

I think the writer sumed it up the best I have seen , some fans are crazy and act like the own the place . Normally I would aggree that Fans Pay the Bills but then no loved character would ever die or lose in a fight and nothing is good about that .