Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Marriage and kids?

Yermog
02.22.2012 , 12:58 PM | #31
I'm guessing it'll involve a strenuous adoption process or weird genetic experimentation.

SilentKitty
02.22.2012 , 01:14 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Yermog View Post
I'm guessing it'll involve a strenuous adoption process or weird genetic experimentation.
I'm soo glad that my trooper and Aric will have Elara to help them with all the paperwork for adoption... that can't be easy.

Cythereal
02.22.2012 , 01:24 PM | #33
It will have to be. The Warrior's background is that they're a scion of a distinguished Sith bloodline, and in a conversation on Voss, my Agent explained that she was originally a member of the Chiss secret police on their homeworld before Imperial Intelligence made her an offer. To say nothing of the Mirialan Trooper and Twi'lek Consular...

Ranadiel_Marius
02.22.2012 , 01:25 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Scramasax View Post
I'm not even sure how this is going to work for my characters since they're all different species. Unless I pull a Final Fantasy VIII and say
Spoiler

(marking spoilers for a decade-old game lol)
Eh Legacy can really be anything. One way of looking at is that I would say that the "Skywalker Legacy" from the movies consisted of Anakin, Luke, Han, Obiwan, and Palpatine. Sure they aren't all Skywalkers, but they all are part of the legacy through either bloodlines, training a Skywalker, or (eventual) marriage. So throw adoption into the mix and you have a variety of way to construct the Legacy even without having direct decscent.

Also I feel it is neccesary to point out that it is (heavily) implied at this point that you'll be able to unlock additional races to play classes as, so in the future it will be easier to make the who legacy genetically related despite some races being unavailable at this time for certain classes.

sparklecat
02.22.2012 , 02:00 PM | #35
Also, half-siblings. Just ignore any suggestions that the various species can't interbreed and say they share one parent.

Half-siblings had better be an option come Legacy content; I have Twileks, Humans, and a Chiss to manage.

KidRaid
02.22.2012 , 03:33 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by KennethHoover View Post
I could let C2-N2 be the nanny while I go planetside to kill stuff.
I poor kids .... They will be begging to shut him up after the first day.

On a different note my understanding of legacy is not linked directly to blood relations as much as personal relationships. Yes they may represent blood relation which is why it can be your last name , but it can also represent mentor/ student relations ( e.g. Obi wan vs the skywalker legacy) or any other strong relationship you may think of.

Kids on the other hands could be handled in different ways in the future. They could be used ( and for that matter so could the love interests) to provide mini story arcs. I doubt this will happen as I can already picture the protests of those who chose not to have a LI saying that they cannot experience the complete game !

Since the time in the game is already pretty elastic ( the stories of the different archetypes probably span a few years ) I do not see how it would be a problem to actually have them as adult and just assume that years have passed. It then could be interesting to see some new arcs on the new created caracters resulting from this . I can for example imagine the conflicts between my light side SI and her dark side SW.

In conclusion I think it would be a great idea but I expect it to be potentially complex to implement.

P.S. since this would have to be introduced after same sex relationship would have been added they also would have to implement same sex parents.

Blackardin
02.22.2012 , 06:05 PM | #37
We all know by now that there are romanceable companions who will either propose to you (all the romanceable guys) or bring it up in conversation, which will prompt you to propose (all the romanceable girls).

This is delightful and all that, but usually after the marriage convo, your new spouse will bring up the subject of having kids of your own, either naturally or through adoption if you're of different species.

So, my question is this: It keeps getting hinted at that there's gonna be a chance to have kids at some point in the game. Is this going to happen or not? Maybe it's just something that they tossed in there to give the family-types something to be happy about, but with the Legacy and all that, I'm not sure.

Any thoughts on this? Pro, against, happening, not going to happen?

Personally, I haven't decided myself. It'd be cool to see a story involving having a kid of your own, but realistically, I can't see it happening.
If I had to say, I would argue that the game is an escape from that for many.

I do enjoy how the women folk will drill you about marriage even in a video game. ;p

Anyway, let you know when I get there. Failed every attempt so far. Does not look promising.

Wynternight
02.22.2012 , 08:02 PM | #38
Can you imagine Khem as a babysitter?

"Khem, look; I know you're all about eating force users, and my child is force sensitive, but you cannot, under any circumstance, eat my baby!"

Does my Dark Side V SI even have a maternal instinct?

What kind of mother would she be and what kind of child would she raise?

"Yes you may go out and play but NO Force Choking your friends."

"Bad girl, how many times do I have to tell you we do not use lightning on kitty!"
Mydnite - Sith Assassin Charnel- Sith Marauder Mourn - Sith Sorcerer
Arryanna - Imperial Sniper Malefica - Sith Juggernaut
Harbinger
server Gamer Girl Forever!

Yermog
02.22.2012 , 08:19 PM | #39
Lord, ANY of the characters raising a kid seems ludicrous, if not because of personality, then because of situation. I mean, I could see Vector as a loving father... but he'd probably take his kid to a Hive, and we all know where THAT'LL lead. Or Doc- a great dad, but prone to letting his child tag along on charity missions to unstable worlds rampant with disease.

Vette would be a good mom, probably. But she'd be married to the Emperor's Wrath and all that, so... yeah.

Man, it'd be so great to be one of their kids. Just imagine the stories from family vacations alone!

Cythereal
02.22.2012 , 08:29 PM | #40
Lord, ANY of the characters raising a kid seems ludicrous, if not because of personality, then because of situation. I mean, I could see Vector as a loving father... but he'd probably take his kid to a Hive, and we all know where THAT'LL lead. Or Doc- a great dad, but prone to letting his child tag along on charity missions to unstable worlds rampant with disease.

Vette would be a good mom, probably. But she'd be married to the Emperor's Wrath and all that, so... yeah.

Man, it'd be so great to be one of their kids. Just imagine the stories from family vacations alone!
Ensign Temple I could see being a good mom, although a kid would be an additional target for enemies to go after (and if you haven't played the IA story, old enemies do come after you and those close to you) and it would probably mean pulling her off spy duty for a while.

Kaliyo? Uh, I think she's in it for the sex. I'd imagine she'd probably abort any pregnancy.

Malavai would probably be a good father. Raise the kid to be a model of Imperial virtue and dignity, and ship em off to Dromund Kaas for officer's training or Korriban for Sith training depending on whether they're Force-sensitive or not.

Lieutenant Pierce, if he got the Sith Warrior pregnant... I would think he'd be a rather distant father, referring to the kid as the Warrior's little brat, but might be rather proud if the kid does well or beats up all the other kids on the playground.

Dark Jaesa... a model DS Sith parent, in all likelihood. Turn the kid into mommy's darling little villain-in-training, and be so very proud as the kid plots and murders their way through Sith training on Korriban.

Mako, I could see being a good mother. Mommy plays tech/intel support with the kid in her lap while daddy kicks ***.

Torian explicitly states that he wants to raise any kids he has with the BH as Mandalorians. Probably a good father if you're on board with the Mandalorians.