Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Marriage and kids?

ZORG
03.14.2012 , 02:17 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by MatronAdena View Post
I'm not too sure how well it would work out without running into a " fable" sort of feeling and they can somehow jump months, to years ahead etc etc...

though Im not opposed to it leading to a " need to protect them" sort of story arch, given you become a very important figure in the Republic or Empire, be it imps trying to get at you, and or rivals wanting your power there is plenty of room for those sort of stories.

Another thing that may bother me, I think because I actually am a Mother, is that while fairly stylized-without a hitch- overly Hollywood-ized romances are one thing, but bringing children into the mix would just... I guess I want to say that the forced feeling, and unnatural nature of how it would play out would stand out too too boldly in my mind.
Perhaps there will be an expansion that DOES jump 25 years into the future. All your current toons get aged a bit but still playable. Then you get 8 more char slots to have progeny. Once you make it to that part in a primary toons story then a new char slot opens. Then after a certain amount of levels or legacy xp you can then create a 25 year old son or daughter with traits from the parents.

Then again this is a bit too SIMS for me.
Fear leads to Anger
Anger leads to hate
HATE leads to suffering

Creptman
03.14.2012 , 12:54 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Cryptic View Post
This is one of those types of questions that has no answer apparently, children with your characters wouldn't be actually possible since everything happens at the same time....the Legacy system is for relatives, spouces and whatnot that is linked through your main character thats what its all about....so i think they will link everything from your main character and branch it out....but im willing to wait till after the March Update and find out more about the Legacy System.
No, there are children in the Legacy System. I'm pretty sure your child gets one of your abilities.
Rule 1: I am always correct
Rule 2: If I see to be incorrect, refer to rule 1.

Crezelle
03.14.2012 , 11:31 PM | #123
time to populate the galaxy with a brood of ninja smurflings

edit: hmmm

kaleiyo... im keeping my kids the heck away from her. untill theyre 21...then she can take them out on a "go wild" 21st bday party.

lokin can be the teacher/family doctor

temple would be a good nanny/teach them dicipline

scorpio probably will just observe/cull the weakest kids if i don't keep an eye on her

and dad/vector... well hes got a whole hive of potential babysitters if need be if anything, he will teach the kids to be polite and courteous.

My legacy is DeChimera, my main char, while not her name, i have dubbed Echidna " mother of all monsters"
my linneage will all be of greek mythical monsters.
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

HexHammer
03.15.2012 , 04:28 AM | #124
Maybe the Sims will be a good game for OP.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rJ_JLb2cHE how space combat should be!

Guildrum
03.15.2012 , 08:34 AM | #125
Hm... Raising my Troopers kids...

Elara is the mother...

Tanno Vik is that uncle I would like to keep from them.

Aric Jorgan would be that strict uncle-type-fellow who doesn't let the kid have any fun...

M1-4X would be the cool uncle-type-droid who takes my kid out shooting Imperials for fun.

Yuun could be the one who teaches the kid how to understand Gand-ese!

BTrant
03.15.2012 , 12:06 PM | #126
To be fair, we've seen plenty of examples of the story jumping ahead and the kids becoming more predominant characters in the Expanded Universe. Nothing to stop a future expansion having that kind of an effect, allowing us to see some more of the Republic history to pan out. We've got about 3,500 years to fill before we reach Phantom Menace anyway. ;-)

NRieh
03.15.2012 , 12:16 PM | #127
Quote:
there are children in the Legacy System. I'm pretty sure your child gets one of your abilities.
Yep. Along with all your non-class planetary missions and timelines. And if for whatever reason kid follows parent's path - he\she'll get all your complete class missions also, along with companions, some of which are supposed to be his\her mom\dad. What a heaven for an immersive RP, isn't it? [/sarcasm off]

sithlordcarnage
03.15.2012 , 04:50 PM | #128
Id like to see a kid arch. My idea would be that your kid ages to apprectice/padawan/ rucruit etc etc and then the AI takes the toon kid and builds him/her based on your desicions. So your kid could maybe be a jedi and try to fight dad/mom sith or vice versa.
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to ultimite power.

MatthewTLaw
03.15.2012 , 07:43 PM | #129
Via legacy you will be able to marry one of your characters to another right?

If you marry a companion, will you then not be able to to marry your character to another? being limited because of the companion you married?

If so is there any benefit to marrying your companion, or is it actually a disadvantage, not allowing you to marry your other characters in legacy

Thanks,

Law

Crezelle
03.15.2012 , 07:45 PM | #130
i just realised id have to be careful with my kids near lokin; he'd teach them how not to get caught by ma and pa, and how do weasle thier way out of getting grounded

i would raise crazy arsed kids

" let me get this straight dad, if i like a girl, i gotta offer to rub forearms and give her bug milk?!"
" indeed. b****es LOVE bug milk"
" ..this better work"
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "