Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Reason people leave early on PVP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Reason people leave early on PVP

SilverandGold's Avatar


SilverandGold
02.20.2012 , 09:01 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Ossos View Post
Jumping into a WZ where Reps are getting blown away is awesome! I enjoy Huttball games that are 0-5 and the Imps are farming kills!

I love being in WZs where 4 teammates run up on a turret and are successfully killed by 2, maybe 3 enemy players.

What I also love is the fact that if you lose, you get nothing. So winners keep winning even harder and the losing team gets farmed.

I also love the disconnects in WZs. I look forward to being penalized for that.


SWTOR players, for the most part...especially Reps, are friggen terrible.
exactly One BM should not pwn 5 people. An operative should not be able to keep on hitting you while your stuned and not have the stun break OP. And finally sorcs just need a nerf too many stuns op lightning etc.

Balmuck's Avatar


Balmuck
02.20.2012 , 09:07 PM | #22
I feel bad for you if BM takes you out and 4 other guys.
FULKAN

You can run, but you'll only die tired.

Xenthum's Avatar


Xenthum
02.20.2012 , 09:10 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by SilverandGold View Post
exactly One BM should not pwn 5 people. An operative should not be able to keep on hitting you while your stuned and not have the stun break OP. And finally sorcs just need a nerf too many stuns op lightning etc.
I'm a rank 40 hybrid operative and I can solo most of the battlemasters on my server. The only ones that come to mind that consistently beat me are 1 vanguard, a hybrid sorc, a conceal op with ridiculous PVE gear burst, and a healer sorc that I usually fight to a draw.

Gear isn't even close to everything in this game. Get better.

gabusan's Avatar


gabusan
02.20.2012 , 10:01 PM | #24
This is a game and games are meant to be fun experiences. If the match is no longer enjoyable for someone, for whatever reason, he has every right to want to quit. If its the developers responsability to make sure people is enjoying their time. Developers have several tools at their disposal to achieve this, and rewards are one of them.

I think the point of this person is that he needs rewards to enjoy a losing match that can go for as long as 15m. It is a reasonable demand and developers should take good note of it.

If developers solution is placing a penalty for leaving, that is anti-game. We dont play to get penalized. We get enough of that in real life. We play games to get rewarded at some level, either the satisfaction of winning or earning some long term reward. Maybe when PVP stat tracking is implemented, people will rather stay to attempt to improve their stats and earn bragging rights or something.

Forsbacka's Avatar


Forsbacka
02.20.2012 , 10:06 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by gabusan View Post
This is a game and games are meant to be fun experiences. If the match is no longer enjoyable for someone, for whatever reason, he has every right to want to quit..
I wonder how fun it is for people on the same team or for people that gets inside the game for sure loss at the end. Deserter should be 60 mins and not 15.

gabusan's Avatar


gabusan
02.20.2012 , 10:16 PM | #26
For those people it is still fun because they are getting commendations and valor they can still use for something, so even if they lose at the end, they get a small compensation for their efforts. The more effort they put in, the more rewards they get. It might not be much, but it is still better than nothing.

People like the op, however, they get no compensation for their unfun time at losing, so they want to quit. It is a very natural thing to want to do, so you cannot really blame them for it. The solution is not giving them a penalty, but making it worth their time to stay, even when losing. That is how a smart game developer would solve the problem.

Honestly, if someone is no longer going to try his best, I would rather them leave and be replaced by someone else who will at least attempt to make a dent on the opposing team.

Acindo's Avatar


Acindo
02.20.2012 , 10:19 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by gabusan View Post
This is a game and games are meant to be fun experiences. If the match is no longer enjoyable for someone, for whatever reason, he has every right to want to quit. If its the developers responsability to make sure people is enjoying their time. Developers have several tools at their disposal to achieve this, and rewards are one of them.

I think the point of this person is that he needs rewards to enjoy a losing match that can go for as long as 15m. It is a reasonable demand and developers should take good note of it.

If developers solution is placing a penalty for leaving, that is anti-game. We dont play to get penalized. We get enough of that in real life. We play games to get rewarded at some level, either the satisfaction of winning or earning some long term reward. Maybe when PVP stat tracking is implemented, people will rather stay to attempt to improve their stats and earn bragging rights or something.

Devs can't make you good. No matter what they do or don't do douchebags will still quit games.

It's just great how you say this is a game and about fun experiences when your actions have a DIRECT EFFECT on 7+ other peoples 'fun experience'.

Selfish POS.
Acindo - 66 Assassin - 2/31/8
Acindo - 71 Scoundrel - 3/31/7
The Spiral Legacy
Australian Gamer

Forsbacka's Avatar


Forsbacka
02.20.2012 , 10:21 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by gabusan View Post
For those people it is still fun because they are getting commendations and valor they can still use for something, so even if they lose at the end, they get a small compensation for their efforts. The more effort they put in, the more rewards they get. It might not be much, but it is still better than nothing.

People like the op, however, they get no compensation for their unfun time at losing, so they want to quit. It is a very natural thing to want to do, so you cannot really blame them for it. The solution is not giving them a penalty, but making it worth their time to stay, even when losing. That is how a smart game developer would solve the problem.

Honestly, if someone is no longer going to try his best, I would rather them leave and be replaced by someone else who will at least attempt to make a dent on the opposing team.
No it isnt, if i got into a game that has 5 mins left and its miserable loss, it wont be fun for me and prolly not for most people. I did 167 WZs, won 164 and lost 3 before i unsubbed but i never left a single game and turned quite many around towards end. When you queue to WZs, you know that name of the game is win or lose, with deserter, you will in future suffer for your failure and maybe trying to win comes more important.

Murdertrane's Avatar


Murdertrane
02.20.2012 , 10:34 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Acindo View Post
Devs can't make you good. No matter what they do or don't do douchebags will still quit games.

It's just great how you say this is a game and about fun experiences when your actions have a DIRECT EFFECT on 7+ other peoples 'fun experience'.

Selfish POS.
Yeah he's upsetting 7 teammates.

But he's making 8 people on the other team happy by helping them win through his absence.

Technically, he's making more people happy than people who fight to win.

So that point's kind of broken, I guess.



But this entire post--from what I gather--is that, as a BM, there is ZERO incentive to stay in a losing Warzone. Judging from a lot of the responses, it would see that many (most?) who are posting here are not yet BM and do not yet understand (care?) how broken the system is for BMs.


I am fortunate that my group/server is full of outstanding PvPers which makes getting dailies/weeklies done in a timely fashion a snap. However, if I were on an Empire-dominated server I will freely admit I could see the merit of leaving a WZ than wasting 10-15 minutes being farmed with absolutely no chance of advancing my character via BM gear.


This is a game system/developer issue.

Some folks will fight for the sake of fighting--I count myself as one of them. But if I were on a badly-balanced server, I may think differently. I just don't know.

As it stands, someone leaving a lost cause WZ sucks, but it is much more and indictment of the game itself than the player in most cases.

MidichIorian's Avatar


MidichIorian
02.20.2012 , 10:46 PM | #30
I actually think AFK'ers in the 1-49 bracket are worse. The only thing they're accomplishing is stealing a spot from someone who potentially had played. It gets really annoying when someone calls them out on it and they're cocky back. I've seen people type the most retarded **** such as "it's not worth my time...I have better things to do! etc. But it's apperently perfectly fine to ruin everyone elses time?

That said, leaving just because it might take you longer to get gear that is intended for the activity you just left is a total douche move too.