Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My character seems to understand alot of alien languages :)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
My character seems to understand alot of alien languages :)

AlexDougherty
02.17.2013 , 07:56 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by wargonglok View Post
smuggler - knows many lingua francas to trade
trooper - is taught many languages as part of guerilla training
consular - walking library 'nuff said
knight - goes to same academy as consular
agent - is trained to be able to infiltrate so must know languages
BH - know languages to be able to find information to find targets
inquisitor - knowledge is power
warrior - ehhh, before sith academy you went to a boarding school on nal hutta that teaches many languages :P
Quote:
a character can be speaking Twi'lek then ask what are Twi'leks, even if they have spoken to Twi'leks before (or they are a Twi'lek), also they can understand any language, so it's not learning,.
I know i'm quoting myself, but I already ruled this out, yes they might have picked up a few languages in training, the in game conversations make a joke of this as an explanation. However, I do like the boarding school twist for the warrior.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

AlexDougherty
02.17.2013 , 10:40 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaxem View Post
lol i was just jokeing
Please do not joke about Doctor Who, it is a serious documentary (Joke). If you want to make fun out of something, plaese take the Michael out of politicians, that's what we British do.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Zaxem
02.17.2013 , 03:43 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
Please do not joke about Doctor Who, it is a serious documentary (Joke). If you want to make fun out of something, plaese take the Michael out of politicians, that's what we British do.
i was only joking about time travel in the star wars universe aka the TARDIS
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

Bouncy_Hunter
02.17.2013 , 04:20 PM | #24
haha this came up in my mind too before...like damn I understand a lot of languages. I wish you could have HK translate for you ))

wargonglok
02.17.2013 , 05:27 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Bouncy_Hunter View Post
haha this came up in my mind too before...like damn I understand a lot of languages. I wish you could have HK translate for you ))
loved that in kotor
Sniper, 'nough said

SithKoriandr
02.17.2013 , 09:49 PM | #26
I was always bothered by the idea that my characters can't come from any of the known planets.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Quething
02.18.2013 , 05:10 AM | #27
Most of them don't bug me, the PCs are supposed to be pretty cosmopolitan. The end boss for the planet quest on Tatooine is an annoying head-scratcher, though.

zerodyingtolive
02.18.2013 , 05:19 AM | #28
Meh, I just tend to make fun of the alien languages 'cause most of the time they tend to sound like something else in my native language. Like the Jawa that sells spaceship upgrade-parts on Tatooine, he says something like "Kip en tomatoes!" Hilarious.

Kikilicious
02.24.2013 , 04:39 PM | #29
For me, not really. My huntress is a Chiss; according to Wookiepedia and otehr sources, the Chiss language was difficult to learn, but the Chiss themselves could pick up other languages with ease, or so I remember.
Asania Tapfer'keit : Chiss : Bounty Hunter : Powertech

Neltronluur
02.24.2013 , 08:48 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by smore View Post
Qyzen for president!
"Is your death that's coming."
I agree with this 100% I might make a T-shirt about it
"Master of the Living Force"