Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sam Witwer to voice Darth Maul

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Sam Witwer to voice Darth Maul

Fyurii
02.22.2012 , 01:37 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by eppee View Post
Darth Zion can't live without the darkside holding his body together.
Sion, not Zion. Different words, different meanings.
Both he and Vader are two of the best examples of the Darkside and sheer will keeping them alive, or near enough to living in Sion's case.

Quote:
The Emperor in TOR has lived how many years beyond any normal age due to life sapping?
It's more acceptable because as far as we know, he hasn't been cut in half or suffered extreme physical damage that could render him into a state of being dead.

Quote:
Darth Bane surviving with alien life forms in casing his body...
That was more "Damage over Time" than severe physical trauma.

Quote:
Darth Vader losing both his arms and legs and burned from lava...not fire, LAVA
He wasn't burned by the lava. His clothing caught fire from his proximity to the lava, resulting in third degree burns to pretty much all of his (remaining) body.

Quote:
thats just some, I can go on... but basically, just being cut in half, is relatively minor to survive from, for a Sith lord
It takes quite a lot of will and feeding off of the Darkside to accomplish though, which might in fact show that Sidious underestimated his former Apprentice/tool to a degree.
________║≤o≥║___________
/_______TROOPER___≡≡≡≡≡≡≡╡
\_/‾‾‾‾ // ╝‾‾╚▄▄▄▄▄/‾‾‾‾‾

apatah
02.22.2012 , 08:32 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by SammyRath View Post
For the first time since they announced his return, I'm actually looking forward to seeing It.
Great ... Lucas pulling a Marvel/DC resurection. As much as I like Darth Maul, he should remain dead. Hate that "he's alive cause the writers pulled something out of their asses" ploy, it ruins the climax of someone dying in the first place.
Elushar - Speaker of Truths
Underhand of the Jedi Council
Jedi Shadow
"First Truth - Everything I will tell you is a lie."

wrong_turn
02.22.2012 , 10:10 AM | #33
I'm not in love with the idea of Maul coming back. But he was pretty cool in a very superficial bad *** way and I wouldn't mind learning a little bit more about him. I'm curious to see how they explain his survival.
ịị◚◚◚◚ịịịị7▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀) A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. -Master Yoda CE

Aitix
02.22.2012 , 07:35 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Restepor View Post
Maybe it's just me, but how can he be alive? He got cut in half and fell a few hundred feet, that's as good as dead for me.
Like I've said before, according to a new book called The Wrath of Darth Maul, he avoided his landing by going through some air vents the same way Luke did on Bespin. He doesn't remember what happened after that. He is on a six-legged apparatus(and he's gone mad), but later he regains his sanity and his memory. It's also said in the book that Maul knew that he needed new legs, which might mean that his current artificial legs are only temporary.

Quote: Originally Posted by Gonewild View Post
George Lucas really has NO CLUE which characters should stick around as opposed to the ones that need to clock out.

He killed off two of his most popular (and potentially interesting) characters; Maul and Fett. Yet, Jar Jar lived to become a senator... C3PO continued to spread his six million forms of communication (all prissy) even after being blown apart.

And before you respond to my post that Maul and Fett are still alive, let me remind you that they were brought back after it was clear how popular (and lucrative each IP was). If GL had his way, everyone would have been killed off in favor of Ewoks and Gungans.
But even when Lucas did have his way, everyone wasn't killed off in favor of Ewoks and Gungans.

Jorelle
02.22.2012 , 08:17 PM | #35
LMFAO really, really I may wrong here but personally i think the whole Star Wars lore canon history what ever you wanna call it is sooooo f*&ked up , im sorry screwed up with people that have died and come back to life and died again not only to come back again, do you really think Lucas is really gonna listen to us complain. Im just sayin.....
"Mandalorians Don't make threats. We make promises."

Hanscholo
02.22.2012 , 08:22 PM | #36
Lucas. Needs to have his pen taken off him.

Jorelle
02.22.2012 , 08:31 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Hanscholo View Post
Lucas. Needs to have his pen taken off him.
lmao /thumbs up
"Mandalorians Don't make threats. We make promises."

sanctified
02.23.2012 , 04:57 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
lets just say No one ever stays dead in Star Wars period.
Except Yoda. And Obi-wan. And Biggs. And Mara Jade. And Vader. And Anakin Solo. And Thrawn. And Mace. And Dooku. And Everyone on Alderaan. And Mon Mothma. And Chewie. And Jacen. And--

Actually, Star Wars is pretty good at not pulling the 'back from the dead' card. Palpatine, Boba Fett, and now Darth Maul. Pretty small list.
Playing since October 1st, 2011. Squad 238 for life.

Tuscad
02.23.2012 , 05:22 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by sanctified View Post
Except Yoda. And Obi-wan. And Biggs. And Mara Jade. And Vader. And Anakin Solo. And Thrawn. And Mace. And Dooku. And Everyone on Alderaan. And Mon Mothma. And Chewie. And Jacen. And--

Actually, Star Wars is pretty good at not pulling the 'back from the dead' card. Palpatine, Boba Fett, and now Darth Maul. Pretty small list.
I remember reading that Zahn said he would bring Thrawn back as a clone if he ever felt the need.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

BrandonSM
02.23.2012 , 05:25 PM | #40
You guys do know that I bet Lucas didn't even write this episode. He's only written a few, they have their own team.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."