Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sam Witwer to voice Darth Maul

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Sam Witwer to voice Darth Maul

Tuscad
02.21.2012 , 01:25 AM | #21
Darth Maul has six legs in this case.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Restepor
02.21.2012 , 10:15 AM | #22
Maybe it's just me, but how can he be alive? He got cut in half and fell a few hundred feet, that's as good as dead for me.

Aleron
02.21.2012 , 11:18 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Restepor View Post
Maybe it's just me, but how can he be alive? He got cut in half and fell a few hundred feet, that's as good as dead for me.
Falling 500 meters without half of your body is not good enough to damage someone darksided, obviously.
"That's because unlike in Mass Effect 2 where you only had to spend around 8 hours scanning planets in TOR you will be spending hundreds upon hundreds of hours scanning planets. Everyone knows, the most fun thing about having your own spaceship is to scan planets." Rothnang

Zag_Stratos
02.21.2012 , 04:10 PM | #24
dude... rebuke ftw - 20% less damage taken and let's not forget, half your body gone :P

I like that actor and although Force Unleashed wasn't all that great of a story, Starkiller was one amazing jedi/sith. To date, I still think he's among the most impressive fighter seen on a screen.

Darth Maul was pretty cool, can't wait
|| LeZag - Sentinel || Zha'K - Shadow ||
-|- The Cross Legacy -|-
- FOH -

Gonewild
02.21.2012 , 06:18 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Oh, Crashdown from BSG! But Darth Maul? No one ever stays dead in Star Wars EU, do they?
George Lucas really has NO CLUE which characters should stick around as opposed to the ones that need to clock out.

He killed off two of his most popular (and potentially interesting) characters; Maul and Fett. Yet, Jar Jar lived to become a senator... C3PO continued to spread his six million forms of communication (all prissy) even after being blown apart.

And before you respond to my post that Maul and Fett are still alive, let me remind you that they were brought back after it was clear how popular (and lucrative each IP was). If GL had his way, everyone would have been killed off in favor of Ewoks and Gungans.

BrandonSM
02.21.2012 , 06:22 PM | #26
To call Maul interesting after the character has no interesting story is absurd.

And Fett was the same, except Fett was after Han for a while.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Gratulor
02.21.2012 , 09:49 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
To call Maul interesting after the character has no interesting story is absurd.

And Fett was the same, except Fett was after Han for a while.
Interested to learn more about them? That's what I feel, although Fett has a story that interests me. Maul isn't very compelling at the moment, but I'm sure he can be.

What's absurd is calling opinions that aren't in agreement with your own absurd.
"If you only look after your own hide, then you're not a man."

MatronAdena
02.21.2012 , 10:16 PM | #28
the sad thing is the clone wars is not considered EU as George is hands on with that to a heavy heavy extent the two seasons of the cartoon cartoon, and the CG series fall under the same canon level as the films - so does force unleashed again because George was hands on ( at least in the first one) as will supposedly the live action series.

half the time the EU actually is more clear, detailed and consistent than " film-canon"

then again, ET being SW canon now, means Earth is involved " at some point" leading me to suspect that the SW galaxy is actually Andromeda.

see what " George" canon does? thats right it exposes us to drew barrymore....
Sorry, I'm old and can only read complete words.

Fyurii
02.21.2012 , 11:08 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by MatronAdena View Post
the sad thing is the clone wars is not considered EU as George is hands on with that to a heavy heavy extent the two seasons of the cartoon cartoon,
Can't throw the Clone Wars cartoons into the same pot as The Clone Wars.
TCW has more Lucas involvement than Clone Wars did.

Quote:
and the CG series fall under the same canon level as the films
Nope, TCW (and only TCW so far) is T-Canon. It's second only to G-Canon, and was created for TCW, so that nothing from lower levels of Canon could contradict it.

Quote:
- so does force unleashed again because George was hands on ( at least in the first one) as will supposedly the live action series.
When it comes to the story and plot, it's definitely canon, but the book itself is the canon material and not the game.

Quote:
half the time the EU actually is more clear, detailed and consistent than " film-canon"
"Film canon" aka G-Canon can't be contradicted by the EU. The EU can expand upon certain things, but only with Lucas' say so and direction.

Quote:
then again, ET being SW canon now, means Earth is involved " at some point" leading me to suspect that the SW galaxy is actually Andromeda.
E.T. isn't involved. There's a race of non-humans that look exactly like him, but it's not the same race, and SW isn't the Andromeda galaxy. It's a fantasy series that doesn't take place in our reality or universe.

Quote:
see what " George" canon does? thats right it exposes us to drew barrymore....
Better Drew Barrymore than Jar-Jar Binks.
________║≤o≥║___________
/_______TROOPER___≡≡≡≡≡≡≡╡
\_/‾‾‾‾ // ╝‾‾╚▄▄▄▄▄/‾‾‾‾‾

eppee
02.21.2012 , 11:22 PM | #30
you know at 1st I was in the "how can he still be alive...he was cut in 1/2...blah blah crowd" Then I realized, with the darkside we see so many sith lords survive long past when they should.

Darth Zion can't live without the darkside holding his body together..

The Emperor in TOR has lived how many years beyond any normal age due to life sapping?

Darth Bane surviving with alien life forms in casing his body...

Darth Vader losing both his arms and legs and burned from lava...not fire, LAVA

thats just some, I can go on... but basically, just being cut in half, is relatively minor to survive from, for a Sith lord
Eppee Obaikai Sith Officer of House of Ridious ToR, retired SWG, Intrepid server