Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are boss loot drops based off of what classes are in the party?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Are boss loot drops based off of what classes are in the party?

Athena-Nike
11.30.2012 , 10:50 PM | #31
I have a feeling loot drops are weighted to the classes running the FP but still random. So there's a better chance of gear for someone in the group to drop but not 100% chance that will be for someone.

DarthJimilingus
11.30.2012 , 11:38 PM | #32
I was wondering that the other day. Ran with 3 BH's and nothing but AIM stats dropped. Definitely geared towards who's in the party. Makes sense though. Imagine if the party had all Willpower and Aim toons and strength kept dropping?
Level 55 Sith Sorcerer. 55 Jedi Sentinel. 55 Trooper VanGuard. 55 Imperial Operative 55 Jedi Shadow 55 Bounty Hunter Mercenary 55 Sith Juggernaut 55 Smuggler Gunslinger. 55 Sith Assassin. 55 Sith Marauder 55 Jedi Sage 45 Trooper Commando Quite the little army I am amassing!

Taiketo
12.01.2012 , 12:24 AM | #33
The Columi piece at the end of a HM FP, the columi and Rakata pieces in Lost Island, and Rakata pieces in operations only for the classes present, always. Anyone saying otherwise, prove it, because I've done literally hundreds of HM FPs and never seen a single columi piece drop from the final boss that wasn't for one of the classes involved.

Everything else I'm not sure.

I've helped gear fresh 50 sorcs by running even HM FP with a sin tank, two sorc dps, and sorc healer, because the inquisitor piece is guaranteed to drop from the last boss.

ckoneful
12.01.2012 , 01:20 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Taiketo View Post
The Columi piece at the end of a HM FP, the columi and Rakata pieces in Lost Island, and Rakata pieces in operations only for the classes present, always. Anyone saying otherwise, prove it, because I've done literally hundreds of HM FPs and never seen a single columi piece drop from the final boss that wasn't for one of the classes involved.

Everything else I'm not sure.

I've helped gear fresh 50 sorcs by running even HM FP with a sin tank, two sorc dps, and sorc healer, because the inquisitor piece is guaranteed to drop from the last boss.
Yea... not true. I had double trooper helms in that one Rakghoul place with absolutely no troopers in the run.
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
55 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 45 Sorceror
11 Sentinel 50 Gunslinger 52 Vanguard 55 Shadow
83% of Class Stories completed

Taiketo
12.01.2012 , 01:57 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by ckoneful View Post
Yea... not true. I had double trooper helms in that one Rakghoul place with absolutely no troopers in the run.
Yeah, no, you didn't.

Two things wrong with what you said :

1. Only one Columi piece drops at a time from the final boss in Kaon.
2. Trooper helms will not drop if a trooper is not present.

Prove it, or stop spreading lies.

DrewFromPhilly
12.02.2012 , 11:19 AM | #36
I don't remember ever seeing a columi token drop in a HM fp for a class that wasn't present. Not saying it doesn't happen, but that definely seems like its weighted based on party composition.

MorgonKara
12.02.2012 , 11:44 AM | #37
yeah a few patches ago they made it so that drops take the party into account. it used to be random which kinda sucked because the drops are BOP and if you got one for a class that wasn't in the group it was a waste of time.
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

AshlaBoga
12.02.2012 , 01:53 PM | #38
The final boss loot drops were changed, but the non-final boss drops are random.

So you can farm the 1st and 2nd bosses for companions and then leave the flashpoint and reset it.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

SaintForHire
12.02.2012 , 04:54 PM | #39
I'm too lazy to check myself, but I could've sworn that it's in one of the patch notes that they actually did make it so loot drops specifically for classes that are in the party for FP's at least.
Saintforhire - Level 50 Mercenary on The Shadowlands

Taleek
12.02.2012 , 08:02 PM | #40
It seems to be spotty. Whenever I run eseless/ BT with lowbies, I always end up getting all the drops even though I'm 50. Other times when I run with groups at-level, we will occasionally get drops for classes that are not there, but it is not as common as it used to be.
*insert witty retort that will become someone's signature*- Kitty Prawn
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=347245
.- Never forget.
"DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."