Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Alien races from SW lore you want to see.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Alien races from SW lore you want to see.

taelinn
02.17.2012 , 07:05 PM | #11
I'm surprised no-one's mentioned Rodians yet, I mean, come on, who doesn't wanna be Greedo.

Enclone
02.17.2012 , 11:22 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by taelinn View Post
I'm surprised no-one's mentioned Rodians yet, I mean, come on, who doesn't wanna be Greedo.
Rodians are my first choice, In SWG I was a Rodian Rifleman. Been saving his name just on the off-chance they add them later. (rodian sniper)

Wookies are another cool race from SWG i would like. probably would have to go jedi knight with that one. Or Kel Dor Jedi knight.

Honestly, I don't know what other races they can add. the biggest issue being the language barrier. I can't think of any rodians/wookies that speak basic. having to listen to that gibberish through every scene would probably get very annoying.

DarthDeangelis
02.18.2012 , 12:32 AM | #13
Rodian
Sullustan
Wookie
Weequay
Mon Calamari
Kel Dor
Nautolan
Bothan
Trandoshan
Duros

There are Rodians and Trandoshans that speak Basic. The only one on that list that can't is Wookie i think.

What i dont get is the amount on aliens in the Core who don't speak basic? like ***? I understand aliens speaking Huttese in Hutt Space, but in the Core?

And im also getting sick of seeing so many Twi'leks and Zabrak. The only Zabrak in the movies at all in Darth Maul, idk why they're so prominent now...

I DEMAND DIVERSITY! I wanna see Sullustan and Mon Cal Pilots, Rodian Smugglers, Trandoshan Bounty Hunters.

All these humans and near-humans is getting on my nerves.
Celebrate victory, but humbly. The dead man would not want us to gloat.

Ramonesfreak
02.18.2012 , 06:49 AM | #14
I would love to be a Trandoshan....

Meira_Arirai
02.18.2012 , 06:55 AM | #15
Cathar, Nautolan, Togruta, Rodian, and Chagrian would be cool for sure, and we have good character models for them in game already. Pantorans would probably be easy to implement, but difficult to differentiate from Chiss. Arkanian and Zeltron are a couple of races that I'm surprised I don't see more of as NPCs. I would love to play as a Selonian, but the thing of being non-humanoid and physiologically incapable of speaking Basic would probably make that very difficult.

Kinda surprised that Ugnaut was suggested. I hate their voices so much that it's hard to tolerate spacebarspamming through a quest cutscene. I can't imagine anyone wanting to do that for fifty levels.
Massani Legacy, Ebon Hawk
More early Star Wars geekery at KotOR/SWtOR

QueenMachine
02.18.2012 , 06:59 AM | #16
well if they really want wookies i could probably do the voices for that one :P

(Actually serious)

And I'm not talking about ****** tongue rolls here.

grania
02.18.2012 , 07:32 AM | #17
I'm the exact opposite of the person who doesn't want comic relief races. I'd reroll each of my alts into an ewok, jawa, ortolan.. I've never enjoyed playing a perfect, busty, beautiful, sexy character, it makes me feel silly.

But I also know that swtor is not that kind of game - it has romances and no one is going to want to kiss a teddy bear or a toddler with a long blue snout, unless it's out of pity. So I guess I'll vote for Nautolan or maybe Rodian.

But then again, there is precedence..
http://epantiras.deviantart.com/art/...savir-92950056
--,-'-{## ##}-'-,--
"Mama, I dies your character, sorree!"

QueenMachine
02.18.2012 , 07:46 AM | #18
I dunno, I've met a lot of people who are very turned on by wookies

DonnyLong
02.18.2012 , 07:47 AM | #19
I will roll a consular the moment it can be an Ithorian.

Mishiara
02.18.2012 , 10:03 AM | #20
Togruta - Would be cool (one of the main reasons I bought the game) and they would be great Force wielders on both the republic or the empires side - as well as cool option for bounty hunters and smugglers I think. Big fan of Shaak Ti.

Nautolan - Would work with all the classes on Republic side besides Trooper I think and I'd love to have a female Nautolan Jedi Sentinel. Also maybe as well cool as Sith Inquesitors, Warriors, Bounty Hunter and Agents as well.