Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sage cc lmfafoaofaofaofofaa

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Sage cc lmfafoaofaofaofofaa

Balmuck
02.15.2012 , 05:07 PM | #11
yea, it takes 17x WoW gladiator to kill a Sage.

If you haven't met that requirement, you're **** out of luck.
FULKAN

You can run, but you'll only die tired.

Grubfist
02.15.2012 , 05:10 PM | #12
My max arena rank on WoW with any character was 1750, and I was totally carried. I beat hybrid-spec'd sorcs on my Shadow. And I break their bubble with my first attack

Sorry, bragging about random **** from another game doesn't make you good, nor respected.

DrekorSilverfang
02.15.2012 , 05:14 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Grubfist View Post
Sages have the following control abilities:

Force Wave: an AoE knockback on a 20-second cooldown.

Force Lift: A single-target mez that lasts 8 seconds, is cleansable, and breaks on damage. It has a 1-minute cooldown.

Force Stun: A 4-second stun, that causes your character to bend over and little sparkles to appear over your head. I assume you mean this.

The cooldown on Force Stun is 1-minute, can be talented down to 50 seconds, and last I checked, can be exploited to refresh it's cooldown instantly under certain conditions (but not infinitely, it doesn't happen often no matter how hard the exploiters want it to). This exploit exists for most baseline stuns in the game, however.
They can also, if spec'd for it, mez people whenever their shield breaks. And snare ... and root.

Grubfist
02.15.2012 , 05:17 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DrekorSilverfang View Post
They can also, if spec'd for it, mez people whenever their shield breaks. And snare ... and root.
For 3 seconds on the shield break, 5 seconds on the root, and these are reliant on talents.

Sorry for stopping my list early, you're right that I should have listed everything down to the tiniest slow (I'm not being sarcastic, I really should've to clarify things if I was going to start a list)

Honestly, my only excuse is that I got lazy and the animation he described sounded like Force Stun's effect, so I went right to that.

Makhbet
02.15.2012 , 05:17 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DrekorSilverfang View Post
They can only root with 31 in Madness and that means no Chain Lighting.
Legions of Lettow EU
Banehallow Legacy

Macgyver

ugig
02.15.2012 , 05:20 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Atrabilios View Post
Well I don't like it It's embarrassing when a wow 17x arena glad can pretty much only break a good sages bubble
I really wish people would stop spouting off about that they were WoW this and WoW that. WoW was one of the easiest to play MMO's of all time, with the majority of it catered to the new to mmo's player and casual gamers, yet people think that having achieved something in a carebear game makes them somehow skilled and or special in all other games they play.

Prove your skill with accomplishments in this game.

JediMasterBurst
02.15.2012 , 05:21 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Atrabilios View Post
Why is it everytime I get to the sage he does this cc on me where there is white sparkles around my head? hes down it multiple times in 5 seconds does he have a cc without cd? Cute just cute kicking ***** sand in my eyes everytime i get to him
There are two abilities that I know of that looks like that. The first one is Mind Maze, the other one is Mind Crash.

Mind Maze is a maze that only the Shadows can use.

Mind Crash is a stun type effect that both Consular classes can use. (this is the one you probably were hit with.)

The cooldown on Force Stun is 1-minute, can be talented down to 50 seconds, and last I checked, can be exploited to refresh it's cooldown instantly under certain conditions (but not infinitely, it doesn't happen often no matter how hard the exploiters want it to). This exploit exists for most baseline stuns in the game, however.
There is at least one Consular ability that will immediately end the cooldown of Force Stun, this ability is called Heroic Moment: Channel the Force.

Hopefully this will clairfy a few things.
Website Mansurus Ordo Forums
Guild Co-Leader, Officer, Founder, Forum Administrator
Survivor of Beta Weekend # 3, 4, and 5

Zepath
02.15.2012 , 05:22 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by spencerfcp View Post
So you are complaining that higher level characters have more abilities than your lower level character
Not that they have them, that they put both in the same arena. Its BS. I can't count how many times now, that my level 20-30 whatever has watched 2 or 3 level 45+ characters just own the instance .... score 3 times (in huttball) and then farm us, not even trying to score again.

And no, I'm not looking forward to when I'm 45+ .... that's not a challenge to me.
Time you spend judging others should be spent on introspection as to why you feel its your place to judge. Unless you're paying for the product and the vendor is not delivering!!!!!

Humankeg
02.15.2012 , 05:22 PM | #19
Sages have the following control abilities:

Force Wave: an AoE knockback on a 20-second cooldown.

Force Lift: A single-target mez that lasts 8 seconds, is cleansable, and breaks on damage. It has a 1-minute cooldown.

Force Stun: A 4-second stun, that causes your character to bend over and little sparkles to appear over your head. I assume you mean this.

You forget the aoe stun they do each time their static barrier breaks.

Beeteel
02.15.2012 , 05:30 PM | #20
u guys sound like it takes skill to pvp in this game :P

and balanced at 50??? really?

Pvp is a joke