Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Use North/South/East/West Please

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Use North/South/East/West Please

Rizenxin
02.15.2012 , 03:18 PM | #1
Ain't that hard folks. Look at your minimap (which doesn't have a rotate option). Cardinal directions were invented so that ya newbs could orient yourself toward an accepted standard of direction.

For those of you with directional handicaps:
  • North is up,
  • West is left,
  • East is right,
  • South is down.

Learn it and use it instead of calling left/right. Spread the method in PvP til it catches (or until the TORtanic hits its iceberg). GGHF

Chaymus
02.15.2012 , 03:22 PM | #2
The majority of wz's I join use left/right over cardinal directions, I have seen more snafus caused by cardinal use than by left/right. It's my suggestion you adapt to the instance instead of trying to convince "noobs", who likely don't read this forum, to fall in line.

Cubertt
02.15.2012 , 03:24 PM | #3
lol i agree with both of you i wish we could always use n,s,e,w

but a lot of people arnt great at it which is why it is not used.

Justgiveme
02.15.2012 , 03:26 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Rizenxin View Post
Ain't that hard folks. Look at your minimap (which doesn't have a rotate option). Cardinal directions were invented so that ya newbs could orient yourself toward an accepted standard of direction.

For those of you with directional handicaps:
  • North is up,
  • West is left,
  • East is right,
  • South is down.

Learn it and use it instead of calling left/right. Spread the method in PvP til it catches (or until the TORtanic hits its iceberg). GGHF
If north is up, west is left, east is right and south is down... why not just say up, down, left and right?

Chaymus
02.15.2012 , 03:29 PM | #5
The funny part is the whole point of cardinal direction is that West could be left or right depending on which side you're playing....but it was not the intent of the post.

Xcore
02.15.2012 , 03:29 PM | #6
No, Left is Left, Right is Right, Up is Up and Down is Down.

Cubertt
02.15.2012 , 03:30 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Justgiveme View Post
If north is up, west is left, east is right and south is down... why not just say up, down, left and right?
thats just as confusing as the left/ right debocle because its literaly the same thing.

if ur defending or ofending in voidstar for instance from ur respected starting area up down left right is relative to where u spawn from,

while cardinal directions inherently are relative to a map( a concrete relation) which makes it clearer and should cause less errors if used

patatt
02.15.2012 , 03:30 PM | #8
Stage left and left.

Only way to go.

Chaymus
02.15.2012 , 03:31 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by patatt View Post
Stage left and left.

Only way to go.
I like the cut of your jib, sir.

unclekaula
02.15.2012 , 03:32 PM | #10
I prefer to use left / right on voidstar as people know which way to go when defending.
Flyboy Shaquandra - BM Pyro Merc - Keller's Void <RogueFive>
Flygirl China - War Hero Rage Jug - Keller's Void <Scum and Villainy >
LatoyaJackson The Merciless - BOSS Sorc - Keller's Void <Evil Bastards>