Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Stealth


Jabtiz's Avatar


Jabtiz
02.14.2012 , 02:57 PM | #1
Are 3 out of 4 base classes per faction that can stealth to many? Just seems odd that so much of it is available.

Bittersteel's Avatar


Bittersteel
02.14.2012 , 03:02 PM | #2
There are no base classes that get Stealth. You only get Stealth once you choose an advanced class.

There are 2 (out of 8) advanced classes that get "real" stealth and 1 (out of 8) that gets an ability to disappear for a few seconds.

I don't think that's too excessive, especially given that I spot enemies in Stealth frequently (without any talents to support that.)

Grubfist's Avatar


Grubfist
02.14.2012 , 03:04 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Bittersteel View Post
There are no base classes that get Stealth. You only get Stealth once you choose an advanced class.

There are 2 (out of 8) advanced classes that get "real" stealth and 1 (out of 8) that gets an ability to disappear for a few seconds.

I don't think that's too excessive, especially given that I spot enemies in Stealth frequently (without any talents to support that.)
Yeah, stealth isn't too too strong, it an be messed up. I regularly use TT as a healer to throw ops out of stealth. It ****s their day up.

They need to use cooldowns to be not seen at any reasonably close range unless they're quick.

Lightvent's Avatar


Lightvent
02.14.2012 , 03:29 PM | #4
Stealth classes get nothing, but a tactical advantage. Yeah, Assassin/Shadow get Dark Embrace: 6s, +25/50% force regen (which is 2/4 force per sec), if spec'd into. I don't play a Operative so I don't know about them.

Marauders/Sentinels on the other hand are the 1 class that can "disappear" for 4 secs. BUT its funny that it doesn't count as stealth. Also, it can only be broken from a DIRECT attack, you can't see them anyways unless you're melee range. It boost their movement speed. AND most importantly, it doesn't make them drop the ball in Huttball (Should be made so that they drop the ball in PvP).

Marauders/Sentinels shouldn't have "stealth." They have Force Charge. I'm not sure how the Force Camouflage works when someone is casting Tracer Missile(or a targeted channeling ability). If it "interrupts" their casting, then it also works like Force Cloak (3s, 100% resistance to Force/Tech Attacks) for Assassins/Shadows just that you aren't dps'ing for 4s, which would be pretty BS/OP still. If anyone can confirm that it. That would be great to know.

CrunchyGremlin's Avatar


CrunchyGremlin
02.14.2012 , 03:41 PM | #5
I feel as though stealth is done pretty well.

Very few people need to QQ about how stealth works.

Its a little frustrating to have someone slip out from the death grasp but it has so far not inspired rage in me. if i am working on an objective... I won.

The other thing about stealth is that 60 sec mez.
It doesnt actually mez for anything near 60 secs.
I soloed Ilum completing all of the objectives.
30 sentinel ,40 Shadow, 18 Scoundrel
Why cant we win at WZ's Universe at war RPGPVP progression Re-install DX9 for better perf?

Reveillere's Avatar


Reveillere
02.14.2012 , 03:44 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by CrunchyGremlin View Post
I feel as though stealth is done pretty well.

Very few people need to QQ about how stealth works.

Its a little frustrating to have someone slip out from the death grasp but it has so far not inspired rage in me. if i am working on an objective... I won.

The other thing about stealth is that 60 sec mez.
It doesnt actually mez for anything near 60 secs.
Ive noticed this too and its frustrating, its maybe 10 seconds (if even that) max in pvp or so o_O

Youmu's Avatar


Youmu
02.14.2012 , 03:46 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by CrunchyGremlin View Post
The other thing about stealth is that 60 sec mez.
It doesnt actually mez for anything near 60 secs.
Don't think any of the long mezzes work their full 60 second duration, that'd be just silly given that CC breaker is on 2 minute CD.

Sleep Dart CCs another player for some 8 seconds, not entirely sure, but hasn't been long enough to keep a player out for me to complete capping a turret/plating a bomb.

Stradoo's Avatar


Stradoo
02.14.2012 , 03:46 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Jabtiz View Post
Are 3 out of 4 base classes per faction that can stealth to many? Just seems odd that so much of it is available.
LOL. Boo!

DMuhny's Avatar


DMuhny
02.14.2012 , 04:08 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Youmu View Post
Don't think any of the long mezzes work their full 60 second duration, that'd be just silly given that CC breaker is on 2 minute CD.

Sleep Dart CCs another player for some 8 seconds, not entirely sure, but hasn't been long enough to keep a player out for me to complete capping a turret/plating a bomb.
From what I've seen all CC is capped to 8 seconds when used in PvP.

As an operative, I:
Sleep Dart > Let them CC break > Wait for Resolve bar to empty > Sleep Dart > Cap Objective
The Yakuza Legacy

Grubfist's Avatar


Grubfist
02.14.2012 , 04:09 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Reveillere View Post
Ive noticed this too and its frustrating, its maybe 10 seconds (if even that) max in pvp or so o_O
It's a 60-second Mez....on NPCs. All mezzes are 8 seconds in PvP.