Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

You are aware of how terrible expertise is?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
You are aware of how terrible expertise is?

Ahhmyface
02.14.2012 , 03:30 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by AndantePhist View Post
You wont have 17k hp in full BM gear... more like 16k hp if you go your damage/healing set (not tank stat)... also in full BM you will have roughly 1300 unbuffed of your main dps stat (str/aim/cunning/will), with full top quality PVE with augment slots you're looking at around 1700 of main dps stat.

basically if you go full PVE you'll have roughly 400 more of your main dps stat along with 3k more hp than if you went BM.

Though the best way to do it is to go roughly half PVE, and half PVP regarding gear.
I'm a deception assassin (a squishy), only in half battlemaster, and I have 16400 hp, and I have 1500 WP. 13% expertise. Next.
Ahhmyface- 1400 Madness Assassin
[The Bastion][/B]

dorkvid
02.14.2012 , 03:33 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahhmyface View Post
I'm a deception assassin (a squishy), only in half battlemaster, and I have 16400 hp, and I have 1500 WP. 13% expertise. Next.
^ What he said. In rage spec juggernaut, I've got 16.6k HP in BM gear. This is not counting my stim. When I switch to my PvE set (3/5 rakata, along with rakata mh/oh/belt/utility pieces/relics) I've only got about 18-19k health, tops. Gains on strength are marginal as well, topping out at around 150-170 more str.
Rolfson, the Immortal Legacy of Vornskr

Dustfinder
02.14.2012 , 03:33 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Varcan View Post
They already said they were going to fix this, and make it so having more expertise will always be beneficial.

Not sure when, but they acknowledged this issue.

PvP equipment will get slight stat boost within the next 2months more than likely.
Do you have a link by chance please?

Varicite
02.14.2012 , 03:33 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Chargolith View Post
You are aware that even if it's only 10%, that translates to a difference of 20% between you and a non-pvp geared character? You do 10% more, they do 10% less.

Tell you what, go put on your best pve gear and go do some wz's. Then come back and cry about how OP full bm gear is.
Smart players gear for the BM 4 piece (or 2x 2 piece) bonus and stack expertise to around 300-350~ and then fill in the rest of the slots w/ PvE gear.

They will probably utterly destroy a full BM-geared player if both are at equal skill levels, since they will maintain around the same offense/defense from expertise, but the one w/ PvE offpieces will hit harder and have more health.
Quote: Originally Posted by JayPres View Post
Strap your digital dog to your digital roof and take your ideologies, lovely wife, and sweet little 8yr old girl to a PVE server where you fit best.

Ahhmyface
02.14.2012 , 03:36 PM | #25
I don't understand this rakata mod inside bm gear... they are both 58 mods?

And btw, expertise doesn't really have the diminishing returns that people think.

See: http://i.imgur.com/6xonc.gif
[The Bastion][/B]

dorkvid
02.14.2012 , 03:37 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Varicite View Post
Smart players gear for the BM 4 piece (or 2x 2 piece) bonus and stack expertise to around 300-350~ and then fill in the rest of the slots w/ PvE gear.

They will probably utterly destroy a full BM-geared player if both are at equal skill levels, since they will maintain around the same offense/defense from expertise, but the one w/ PvE offpieces will hit harder and have more health.
350 expertise = 7.6% bonus. Full BM is roughly 13.5% bonus. With this comparison, you'll be taking 6% more damage and dealing 6% less at the price of what, MAYBE 100 more main stat / endurance? Not worth it.
Rolfson, the Immortal Legacy of Vornskr

Adzzy
02.14.2012 , 03:39 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahhmyface View Post
I don't understand this rakata mod inside bm gear... they are both 58 mods?

And btw, expertise doesn't really have the diminishing returns that people think.

See: http://i.imgur.com/6xonc.gif
it's because bm gear doesn't have power/surge enhancements, but instead is generally filled with accuracy, crit and alacrity.
Keys are lame

EternalFinality
02.14.2012 , 03:39 PM | #28
That's the funny thing. When they added DR to expertise they ruined their own already flawed PvP stat progression. Get up to 8-10% then fill the other slots with end game PvE gear.

Oh, you thought expertise was supposed to prevent raider gear from infesting PvP? What, did you think Bioware was competent or something?

SliggXx
02.14.2012 , 03:44 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by EternalFinality View Post
That's the funny thing. When they added DR to expertise they ruined their own already flawed PvP stat progression. Get up to 8-10% then fill the other slots with end game PvE gear.

Oh, you thought expertise was supposed to prevent raider gear from infesting PvP? What, did you think Bioware was competent or something?
I want to see evidence of this supposed Diminishing Returns on Expertise. From everything I have seen, it appears that even at post 500, we are getting about 2% per hundred points of Expertise.

Please explain.
Fannypack- 50 - Scoundrel/Sawbones Healer - Helm of Graush/PoF - The Last of Us

__The greatest person to have ever lived__

Ahhmyface
02.14.2012 , 03:44 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Adzzy View Post
it's because bm gear doesn't have power/surge enhancements, but instead is generally filled with accuracy, crit and alacrity.
Yeah, but surge has been nerfed into the ground, thereby making power the only good stat in the game. :/
[The Bastion][/B]